RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision

Thread: Is anyone shooting the NAA mini "cap and ball" revolvers?

Boolit Master

Is anyone shooting the NAA mini "cap and ball" revolvers?

I've got a fascination with small mechanical devices, and the little NAA mini revolvers have always been interesting to me. I've owned and shot a number of them over the years, but never had the chance to shoot one of the C&B versions.

Looking around, I see that they make a C&B version of their "Earl" remington 1858 semi-look-alike revolver.

I have a few molds that would be appropriate, but never having shot one, I'm a little reluctant to drop hard earned money on it without any input.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with them?
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Banned

Sounds like fun but it would depend on cost to buy one.
    I had a REAL cap and ball when I was a kid. You put a no 6 shot down the barrel and used a paper cap to fire it. It was kind of amazing how much power it had at close range.
    I was always a gun nut and converted one of those gun cigarette lighters to shoot .22 shorts. I made zip guns to shoot rats too.
    Life was easy back then. I would pick through trash and get a huge pile of coat hangers that I sold for a penny apiece to the dry cleaner. Bottles for deposit always kept some coins so I could buy a long strip of penny pack BB's for my Red Ryder and I could even buy .22's. I lived for penny candy too.
    That little gun you ask about would bring back memories.

Boolit Buddy
    I own a short barreled one but haven't shot it I will say they are the same construction as their rimfire models and extra cylinders are available. I know that the NAA website has some forums but I don't know if they have one specifically for the blackpowder guns.

Boolit Master
    I went the other direction..and bought a Uberti Colt Dragoon clone...kind-of BIG!...Sort-of HEAVY!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Sounds like fun but it would depend on cost to buy one.
    I had a REAL cap and ball when I was a kid. You put a no 6 shot down the barrel and used a paper cap to fire it. It was kind of amazing how much power it had at close range.
    I was always a gun nut and converted one of those gun cigarette lighters to shoot .22 shorts. I made zip guns to shoot rats too.
    Life was easy back then. I would pick through trash and get a huge pile of coat hangers that I sold for a penny apiece to the dry cleaner. Bottles for deposit always kept some coins so I could buy a long strip of penny pack BB's for my Red Ryder and I could even buy .22's. I lived for penny candy too.
    That little gun you ask about would bring back memories.
    That cap and ball gun was a nice toy for a young lad.

I guess the paintball and airsoft guns are the modern equivalent.

Boolit Master
    I have had one for several years and it is fun to shoot but I only do so periodically. I have the one with the long cylinder similar to the 22 mag cartridge guns. The chamber had a step in it which stops the bullet when seating. Per the instructions the charge is 4 gr of FFFFG and a 29 gr 22 short bullet that they sell you for too much. I have gone through several hundred loads with it and it shoots OK but it is really a 5 to 10 foot gun as it has no rear sight and as far as I can tell the front sight is too tall. So what I do is just point it and fire. Hitting pop cans at 10 to 15 feet is fun. As for power it is about the same as a 22 short in one of their mini revolvers. At 10 feet is will penetrate 3/4" pine boards but not a 2X4.