Load DataInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: 7mm roling block.

Boolit Man

7mm roling block.

I have a 7mm rolling block short carbine with saddle ring . It has Uruguay mark on the stock. Very tight strong sharp edges on hammer , block and very deep excellent riffling.I have shot 5 rounds of lead cast bullets out of this rifle just to see if it would shoot. It does. 10 grains of unique. Not over loading . I dont Think I want to deal with all the neck sizing annealing and all other factors that go along with these rifles. What would be a good re barrel that the ejector would be the same. No big bores the older I get the less I like recoil.

There was a thread were one fella was considering having his rebarreled to 45 acp, aparently no need to alter the extracter there. I admit it would be a pretty neat chambering especially out of a nice little carbine.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=157542

I'd just like to add, if your gun is shooting fine, you might want to consider keeping it as is, if it has a good bore and is in good shape. The 7mm mauser is an excellent cartridge. Much of the fussing about these guns is generated by people who dont own one, much less shoot one. Theres alot of hype on the net about the old military smokeless single shots particularly the 7mm rolling block and the 303 martini enfield, much of it coming from 2nd or third hand sources.

I do neck size for my 7mm, and its no bigger a fuss then reloading for any other single shot, which are all neck sized (I just back my die out), be it my shiloh or my martini enfield. I havent annealed any for my 7mm brass yet as but I probably should after another firing.

When Im lazy I shoot 7mm 175 federal factory loads out of the gun, as have other members of this forum, with good results.
    Last edited by hickstick_10; 07-04-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Boolit Man
    I had fire formed 5 cases loaded five cases with 10 grains of unique behind a lead cast bullet that weighed 170 with lube and gas check. I shot a three inch group at 50 yards . Not to bad for having a trigger that would take three Russian female shot-putters to fire off.I guess I might as well continue with it. I will fire form some more cases neck size and see where it leads me. I will just keep a eyeball on the cases.

you can replace your trigger spring with music wire, which may help alot.

Boolit Man
    I have not seen a breakdown of the innerds of this gun.And I dang sure there isnt any music wire available for probably a100 miles or so. Further reserch will be needed.

http://www.rollingblockparts.com/accessories.htm

look at the top listing, there is a reduced pull trigger spring, the entire kit is 15, just the spring, 10

Boolit Master
    any hobby shop should have an assortment of music wire from .005 to .125 in diameter, come in 3 foot lengths

.032 is what I used, bend the circle around a bolt held in a vise

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Some of these 7 MM had a larger chamber on the web. you make hace to wrap tape around the base. Mine was a larger 7 MM brass. Joe

Boolit Man
    About 85 miles to the nearest hobby shop I think I will opt for the spring kit and Us postal service. for 15 bucks.

In Remebrance

What annealing and resizing are you speaking of? 7x57 brass is readily available.

My first "real" deer rifle was a 7x57 RB. Nothing wrong with them at all.

Boolit Grand Master

How much do want to buy it?
    Shame to bubba up a nice 7x57 RB. Shoot Fed 175 RN in it and you'll be fine.
    If you FL size, you'll get about 3 loads, if you neck size (just set the std dies
    1/16" to 1/8" off of the shell holder or so) longer life.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.