MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size #F Shot

Boolit Master
    Unfortunately you can only get sheet lead in sizes suitable for birdshot, and biting out pellets at the rate of 200 per ounce is a bit much. It wouldn't be a hard alloy either. What I tried was slabs cast by myself. That mould for six inches of quarter-inch rod sounds very workable, for any kind of swager. It sounds a lot more likely to work consistently than a mould for a long string of tiny balls.

I'm just guessing, but I think commercial swaging of large pellets from lead wire probably involves two wheels with edge to edge hemispherical depressions. If they are kept in synch with gears further along their axes, that ought to work. For the class act, see eBay and search for "rolling mill" under "jewellery". It is the sort of thing that could be copied quite a bit more cheaply than you see them there.

Attachment 139286

That's starting to look like a more serious tool. At the least it would give you consistent weights for the nibbler method.
    In the market for a multicavity Mi-Hec 9mm HP mold.

I presently cast for .380 ACP, 9mm, .38/.357, 30 cal and .45 and 12 Ga slug.
    I am particularly grateful for the help I have gotten from members Red333 and MSRdiver, and OLD Para (who made a crazy mold on my design!!!!!) as well as excellent guides by Recluse for his ideal lube process. I have been experimenting with poly coating too.

PM me if you know of a very cheap source of birdshot, or an efficient way to make #4 Buck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12