RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Remington Hulls...

Boolit Master

Remington Hulls...

These hulls appear to be pre- Remington RXP Hulls. They are straight wall but plastic based.. sort of a high basewad white plastic inner with the traditional green ribbed on the outside. These are as new as new can be for being at least 30+ years old.. the are primed with what I assume are either 57 or 97 primers. Has anyone seen any of these lately or have any of their own? I have 6-8 boxes of 25 of these.. Pretty cool old shells.. I sort of wonder how much they are worth (if anything more than scrap).

Anyway, here are some pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RemShells1.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	139280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RemShells2.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	139281

Boolit Master
    86 views and no comments?

Boolit Man
    Nice looking. Interesting shells. Will you use them?

Are you thinking of selling them? If so they should bring you a nice price from shotgun loading enthusiasts.
    Salute!

Boolit Master
    I haven't decided yet.. I might sell a few boxes.. and keep the rest as a collector's piece. I have some new unfired and primed 2 3/4" Remingtons with the asbestos base hulls in the original box also. I guess I should probably do a bit more research on them. Am sorta hoping someone here says "I remember those" and tells me when they were manufactured.. without knowing more about them, I'd probably put them in the 60's or 70's.. They apparent;y sat in a garage for many years and belonged to the gentleman's Grandfather. I also received several boxes of Remington wads, Herter's wax wads, and hard cardboard wads.

Boolit Master
    I think your estimate is valid, I had guessed the same. But just that a guess, I shot lots of Rem shells in the late 60s and LOTS in the 70s but cannot put a date to our iems with any certainity. By the way I still have a case of 57 primers , just in case you know
    They do have a passing resemblence to the Blue Peters
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Buddy

Those are Remington "Old style" plastic target hulls from the 60's. Those along with the "All American" hulls were replaced by the RXP hull of the early 70's. The Target and All American hulls were hated by most because they would get mixed in with your RXP's and buckle because of the high base wad.... a blast from our reloading past......

I have one of those boxes they are in but no shells. Didnt know those hulls were in the .