Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: need resizing tools

need resizing tools

guys this weekend picked up load of 45/90 sharps brass and 45-70 and 45/100 . Im going to reform the 45/90 and 45/100 in to 40/82 crossno .
    dos any body out there have 45/90 2.4 sharps die and forming or trim die that i can use for week or two ,to make the shell and i will give them back to you ,any help will be good, thanks

why are you going to use the 100 to go to the 40-82 ? the 90 brass itself will have to be trimmed after forming. depending on wall thickness of the 100, plus how much you are squishing in, the walls might need turned or reamed

and if you are simply making 40-82, why would you need a 45-90 die ?

DR cook picked up 400 45/100 used and have 100 of 45/90 used ,want to decap the brass then trim ,then re size to 40/82 useing 40/65 die ,40-82 Silhouette (40-2.4, aka 40-75 Winchester or a 40-65 on steroids for it is .300 longer inthe neck than the 40-65).

I know what it is, I have one. CH4D makes the actual die set for a 40-82 Crossno. If you get yourself a diebody and decapper, it will work for a lot of cartridges.

If you make a mixture of anhydrous lanolin and castor oil, and rub it on the cases by hand (after one or 2 you will figure out how much you need) and then size a little, rub around, size a little, rub the lube, you will get nice formed cases without any lube wrinkles.

also (you might already know this) if you anneal the cases before you size them down, that will help in preventing the wrinkles and creases.

how many times were the 45-100 cases fired ?
    Last edited by drcook; 06-18-2012 at 11:45 PM.

dr cook the 45/100 case were fired one or two time there clean