MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dilemma....ncbs 2007. Comments Please.

On Heaven's Range

Dilemma....ncbs 2007. Comments Please.

It's hard to believe that I'm having such a succession of screw-ups. All these years since 2000, scheduling went easily and no conflicts appeared. THIS year....???

I checked on the second Jehovah's Witness convention brought up by NVCurmudgeon, and it is another big one. No hope there for much in the way of accommodations. The weekend following that JH convention, we have High School Rodeo Finals in town, with everything jammed up solidly.

I am tired of selecting dates and watching them get torpedoed. Should be grateful to live in such a popular, go-gettin' town, but this is starting to be verrrrrryyy tedious for me, and also (I'm SURE) for anyone hoping to attend..

SO! I had Karen track down the County's Events Co-ordinator, (not an easy job apparently) and it seems that the FOURTH weekend of June, the 22, 23, and 24th, has only the "Mexican Rodeo" in town, which same is a smaller event and doesn't plug up the town like the other events do.

Although the weather is bound to be hotter at that time of year, I'm still prepared to recommend it. Let's allow a 24-hour comment period, up to Wednesday at 6pm PDT or so, and if folks believe they can live with those dates, we'll run with it. If we DO decide to go with June 22-23-24, I STRONGLY urge you to reserve accommodations SOON!

Again, my heartfelt apologies for running y'all around like this. It's just one thing after t'other. The only saving factor is that the dates are being pushed away from us, which hopefully will allow the necessary time to adjust personal schedules and reservations.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    BruceB: If it's held JUne 22-24th ,Bill & Joy Onceabull will be there if we can still walk on our own!! If you decide to stick with June 1-3,we will be thinking about all the fun you are having,while I'm flyfishing the W.Yellowstone area. That annual event has shrunk up by 25% this year, as 2 regulars pulled out,one just this week..Condo rental shares are ,of course ,up accordingly,although we keep the deposit one had put up.. The other gent lives among the perpetually washed in suburbs of COFFEEVILLE,Wa.and is still employed so drew a pass on the deposit..B.I.L. has instructions to retrieve leased moulds and proceeds,unless renewals are arranged,should the June 1-3 dates stick.. Good luck is due you..Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Buddy
    Bruce, we'll be there the 1st or the 22nd. I like the second weekend, will allow me to celebrate my 60th birthday with people I like! The offer to come over to help you get it all set up stands.
    Urny
    Elko County, the old heart of Nevada

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by Urny View Post
    Bruce, we'll be there the 1st or the 22nd. I like the second weekend, will allow me to celebrate my 60th birthday with people I like! The offer to come over to help you get it all set up stands.
    Bruce, I'm quoting Urny because I agree entirely with him, except for the part about celebrating my 60th. (It's too late.) But I'll be glad to attend HIS 60th.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce, you gotta be tearing your hair out. Either weekend works for me, I figured on camping anyway.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Mold
    The fourth weekend works for Lori and me and would be able to help early or whatever you need.

TimB
    Tim Buchman

Bruce B.
    The 22nd is better for us as Marlene and Mom will come along. Either way I'll be there.

A great big THANKS for your endurance!!!
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Well I guess I will still see you in 08 .All June is full up in our place...Dean
    lover of 74 sharps
    MYWEIGH scale merchant
    " i'll tell the story 10 different ways before I'll lie to you."

On Heaven's Range

Many thanks for your patience...

Nobody has taken me to task for the monumental ***** which has surrounded the nailing-down of the dates for NCBS '07. I appreciate that, believe me.

The 24-hour period for comments having elapsed, and with no opposition being evident, I now take this slippery bull by the pointy things out front AGAIN, and say:

JUNE 22-23-24 will be the dates of the '07 Shoot.

Now folks, please make your reservations soon, and PLEASE don't tell me that the Islamic Federation of Social Doing-Good is convening here with six thousand True Believers that weekend. If so, t'hell with it...I'm a-leavin' town. Sorry to hear that Powderburnerr can't make it, but at at least his entire month was filled already.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Hurrah

We well be in Winnie by Suppertime thursday.CobbMtmac ,Sis,& Mom expected about the same time from southern approach..If there needs to be a work part that evening,let us know... Thx, Bill&JOY Onceabull

Bruce!

You are the greatest, thanks for hanging in there. We will arrive as onceabull said, late day Thu. 6/21 and possibely sooner. I just made Resv. at the Gold Country BW. We will be ready to help early Fri. am. or Thu. evening if needed. So call us at 623-6999 if and when.

I know we are all going to have a great time, can't wait to see everyone.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

June 22,23,24 it is then. I will still show up a few days early and putz around. As I have nothing else better to do..Found some more steel I got. These are small, as in actually smaller than 1/2 size sillywets for big bore guns and some even smaller ones for shooting 22,s at. Have a few sets of airgun sillywets also but who cast for airguns. Ha,Ha..See you there...Walt

Boolit Mold
    Bruce,
    Thanks for hanging in there I know how busy Winnemucca can be. The people running the convention center/tourist promotion have been very good at bringing more events to town over the last few years and planning something like NCBS around them is difficult. Thanks again for hosting the event and all the hard work for you and your family.

TimB and LoriB
    Tim Buchman

Moderator Emeritus

I am busy both weeks but appreciate all that is going into keeping this shoot alive. Gianni
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Vendor Sponsor
    Mr B,

I checked the calender at work and I am free that weekend. So look for me Fri at the pig or wherever we decide to have the rools commitee meeting. Can't take any extra days off, but seeing as I live in Fallon now, Winnemucca is a short jaunt. I ordered a mould from Dan at Mountain Moulds for the 405 win. but don't know how fast his turn around is. But I am sure I will have lots of other goodies to bring including the M1A1 I picked up at the Big Reno show. I checked out your thread on loading cast for it and found it very informative. Can't wait to get started.

Any word from Buckshot on the new date?

ammohead

Super Moderator

................June is a wash for me. My folks were coming over from AZ for a visit during the 2nd week of my vacation for the ORIGINAL date, but then that was changed so they were going to come over during the 2nd week AFTER Memorial weekend. But when it went to June I had a conflict with the other night shift guy at work, so it went back to the original date in May. The later June date is when our "Slack pickup guy" (the one who'd work for me) is going on vacation!

BruceB no problem on your part at all. You do plenty enough running around and work putting this together when the date DOES work out! My hat's off to ya.

One consolation is that you guys get the new range all fixed up, you know concrete poured, tables and overhead built, put in some target stands and such. Get it working good and I'll be there NEXT year!

Heck, missed 2 years in a row. By next year Ammohead is going to be too old for me to feel good about whupping in the long range match Maybe Jeremy can do it again this year. Hope he can come. A fine young man. As I said before, I think I'll be making motel reservations for next year long about January!

You guys (and gals) that haven't been, don't know how much fun you're missing.

...................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

I have been wanting to attend one of these since they began, but work would not permit the long trip to Nevada. I retire June 1, 2008 and for shure and for certain I will be there. Save me a seat!!!

Ncbs '08:

Chargar: BruceB has indicated targeted time as Either June 6-8/08,or June 13-15/08. Will be settled on right quickly,I gather,as no one is looking for a re-do on the '07 scheduling experience. Try to gather a selection of those treasures you built over the years for us to gaze on.. And the Mrs.will enjoy sharing tales with you on how Texas used to be !! are you considering a grand loop through the Pacific and /or Mountain West to celebrate retirement --mid-June is primetime for Yellowstone,Glacier, Cody,and the Black Hills,unless one can go Sept.15-30... Onceabull

This year I enjoyed it so much I say lets have the shoot from June 6 all the way to 15. Well, I tried anyways. LOL...Walt

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    I sure like the idea of fixing the date for NCBS 2008 immediately, if not sooner. That would help young folks who are still employed to make arrangements for time off, and all of us to steal a march on the JWs in making motel reservations. I see that Chargar retires Jun 1, so it might be a good idea to make it no earlier than the second weekend in June to give him time to get to Winnemucca. ( Looks like we'll have a new greatest distance traveled champion.)
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast