Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: How do you track your reloading results...software?

Boolit Man

Thumbs up How do you track your reloading results...software?

All....

Couldn't really decide where to put this question. If it needs to be moved, that is fine.

I am thinking about different ways to track my results with different firearms and the loads for them. I may end up doing a spreadsheet for it...but I am going to bet that others here are doing the same (or similar) for their guns and loads in an effort to keep track or what worked...or not. No sense in making the same mistakes over and over if it can be helped.

So...what do you guys do? Is there any software out there intended for this?

TIA.........John

Banned

Three-ring binder and Dollar Store paper for each gun. I hole-punch targets and add them also. Several people here get really fancy, take digital photos of their targets and create spreadsheets with the load and target data. Notebook paper never crashes if you keep it dry and below 450F.

Gear

Boolit Master
    +1

Started out with a Microsoft Access Application that I built just for tracking loads and results for my little herd of firearms. Ended up with a second hand three ring binder and load / shoot templates that I printed out. I throw all sorts of stuff in there. Threads from Cast Boolits , stuff I find on the internet, step by step how to's...all sorts of stuff that stays with my loads. It would probably take me an hour to find my load log application, if I haven't removed it from the computer already.

The three ring binder is just easier and more complete for me.

Boolit Master

Binder and 3 hole punch test load targets. I use tabs for the different guns. Once I get a good load it goes on an index card and taped to the door of my reloading cabinet.

I do this for both jacketed and cast loads. Once it makes the index card, I also add info like shell holder, powder measure used(some are better in certain ones), size die and depth, any other info I feel needed to note.
    It makes a great "quick reference" right where I need it at all times.

Boolit Man

Thumbs up

Downloaded and got to looking around at Wiltgen's Reloaders Reference. Wow!

I see no reason at all why this won't do anything I want and more. If you reload, this is something you should check out!

Best.........John

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Excel Spreadsheet ...
    Caliber Bullet Wt BC Alloy Cartridge Primer Powder GrWt Wad OAL Test Vel Notes MOA's for each rifle ... 50 Yd 100yd 200yd 300yd 400yd 500yd 600 yd 800yds 1000yd
    Regards
    John

You can try the (reloader reference). its a free program do a quick search.
    High Hook

Boolit Master

Excel Spreadsheet as well with the following columns
    Date Quantity Primer Powder Weight (gr) Powder Bullet Weight (gr) Bullet Type Bullet diameter Mold # Case target size @50yards target size @100yards Expected Velocity Comments

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master

Guess I'm old-fashioned. Two notebooks: a 3-ring binder separated into sections (by caliber) that's kept on my loading bench and the 4"x6" spiral notebook that lives in my range box. Actually, since I started doing it this way, I've accumulated a half-dozen of the smaller spiral books 'cause I may easily fill five or six pages each time I got to the range...depending upon which gun(s) I'm shooting and whether or not I'm chronographing any loads.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    3 ring binder since 1993 when I made my first handload. Technically my first reload would have been in '89 or so when I was pulling the projectile out of .22LR and cookie cutting parafin in its place to shoot house flies.
    I have one for rifle and one for pistol and shotgun. I put my targets in there too. Sometimes I think one of those large ledgers would be nice but haven't tried it.
    I've got the really thick ones I can put all the extra reference materials in by catagory.
    I keep an excel file for powder/primer/bullet/boolit inventory. This is handy because I can see what I've got when I'm at work.

Boolit Master

sketch of results on 8-1/2 x 11 in a 3-ring binder....if it really good I will take a picture of the target and save that