Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barrel stubbed rifles...

That Hornet shoots! Beautiful rifles, very handy.

I sure would like to work cattle in that kind of country. It's nothing but steep, rocky and sticky here.
    Rick

"RIDE FOR THE BRAND"

My uncle has a stubbed 44mag on a H&R that I'm drooling over. Balances out perfect, very light and accurate. Hopefully he'll let it go soon.

Yours are very nice! I wish I had your talent.

Thanx, now I have to pressure my uncle even more, Hehe. He never keeps any guns long, I'll trade him something for it. There's been a few guys over at Greybeards site that stub them also. I wish I had the skills to do them.

If I was closer I'd take you up on that offer. I don't have any of those skills or a lathe yet. When I build my new shop, that's on the list to buy. I have a local smith that I'm going to hang around. He's already offered for me to come help hot blue on day.

I'm a true believer of Saftey 1st, I was a welder for years and I still don't care for burns. Heheh
    The shop is just a big ole tinkering room. I'm not even gonna try to be a gunsmith, but i will have a gunroom in it. I just like to make custom parts when I build bikes and jeeps. Thanx again

Just notices I skipped the 2 middle pages, read your post twice now. Beautiful work! I saved your site and I will be contacting you soon when I decide my "go to gun". Thanx again.

Dan

I sure will.

How well does it shoot?

Thanx.

Boolit Buddy
    Just wanted to revive this awesome thread! Assassin I now have an Encore to play with, and will be contacting you shortly!

Dan

Boolit Buddy
    If you have any more pictures I would love to see more! I spent some time in your website and will be registering there soon. I can hardly wait, now I just have to figure out what I want to do. I will send a PM on Saturday. Thanks again, and awesome work, simply amazing.

Dan

Boolit Master

Good skills shown there. I like the thumbhole stock design on the H&R's. The TC's never looked 'right' to me. Not to sure on the porting, though. Different strokes......

Boolit Mold
    nice nice nice ///

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSASSIN View Post
    Glad you like my work, thank you!

There are lots of times I need help but, the sad part is, no one wants to work and what's worse than that, most don't take pride in their work...

ASSASSIN
    I think you should keep looking for a helper, you have a lot you could pass on. Look for someone young with the right attitude, wants to work, understands quality, only wants to make the best and honesty, respect and dedication. Pick potential helpers for attitude not skills, skills are easier taught than attitude adjustment.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you Dan, I appreciate the compliments...

I'll try to post a couple more pictures tonight when I get back on the computer - as long as we don't have storms rolling through that knock out our Internet connections....

DAVID
    I look forward to it David, I have signed up on your forum and spent some time reading, very interesting stuff.

As a left handed shooter, I am used to adapting to most right handed guns. I have always loved lever guns and single shots however for their ambidextrousness (new word)

I would love a good left handed bolt action in a caliber I want, but that is a custom all the way ordeal, plus I would like several calibers for different jobs. I really like the Encore concept for it to be a handgun or rifle and very compact and light with switch barrel options. I picked up one on a real nice trade, although the accuracy is ok, not amazing. Then I see these stubbed single shots you make and the incredible accuracy, and I can hardly stand it! The trouble now is deciding what I want to have you make to begin with! I will be ready to "pull the trigger" on something soon.

What are the most cast friendly wildcats that you would recommend, as I plan to use cast whenever possible. I feel it is the better hunting projectile, and is of course more fun to handload!

Dan
    Last edited by NLS1; 08-03-2013 at 09:47 PM.

As far as the 300 BLK goes, I build them in the T/C Contender, Encore, N.E.F. / H&R, Apex, Ruger #1 and a host of bolt action rifles and hunting handguns...

I also build "rimmed" versions that use the same loading dies but 357 magnum or 357 Maximium brass...

I don't get into the surpressors or silencers because of all the paper work involved. My time is spent in the shop, not in front of a desk....

A
    What it it called??
    "Some times it's just better to smile an walk away."

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    -Butch Cassidy & the Sun-dance Kid

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    What it it called??
    I believe the one based on the 357 Maximum is the 300 Max Cat, and the one based on the 357 Magnum is called the 30-357 or the 300 Mag Cat? I could be wrong, but he will probably be by to answer that for certain.

[QUOTE=NLS1;2332151]I believe the one based on the 357 Maximum is the 300 Max Cat, and the one based on the 357 Magnum is called the 30-357 or the 300 Mag Cat? I could be wrong, but he will probably be by to answer that for certain.[/QUOTE

I found it on his site neat little rnd. I ran a 357 into my 300BLK dies. I like it!!
    "Some times it's just better to smile an walk away."

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    -Butch Cassidy & the Sun-dance Kid

Boolit Master
    Assassin, what exactly is a "barrel stubbed rifle"? I've never heard of that til now. I do like your pieces and admire your talents.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Buddy
    This is not an H&R but, it is a single shot...

This cartridge is chambered in my 300 Jr., a cartridge I designed and developed back in the early 90's...
    That is quite a stick! Is this the 30 cal based on the 444? I really like the idea of the rimmed cartridge for accuracy.

What kind of stock, action, barrel, etc? Weight?

Thanks David I know you are a busy guy.

Dan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast