RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 4th Annual NES Cast Bullet Workshop - May 19th 2012 - Shirley Massachusetts

4th Annual NES Cast Bullet Workshop - May 19th 2012 - Shirley Massachusetts

First off sorry for the short notice. It was my job to post this on this forum like a week and a half ago. I dropped the ball..

This is an Open Invite to all Castboolits Members. If you are in the New England area please come. It is being is being held on May 19th in Shirley, Mass at the Shirley Rod and Gun Club.

This will be the 4th annual workshop put on by folks over at the Northeastshooters forum.

Full details in the signup thread over on the NES Forum, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...Thread-(May-19) .

We will cover everything from smelting and fluxing scrap lead, range lead, wheel weights, etc to make ingots. We will also be covering alloys, molds, casting, lubing, and sizing.

Everything from start to finish. This is all hands on learning from experienced casters.

Everyone that attends will be casting bullets by the end of the day. If you've already got a mold or we've got one there in your caliber you will leave the workshop at the end of the day with cast bullets you made with your own hands and a head full of knowledge. If not there will be plenty of molds there to use and do some actual casting.

Anyone from this forum is welcome to come. PM me or sign up on the NES forum and post to the workshop sign up thread.

Due to equipment limitations we will limit the attendance to 30 people.

We would like all attendees to bring 20 pounds of wheel weights or 20 pounds of range lead which you will smelt. In addition you should bring safety gear if you have any; heavy leather gloves, face shield or at least eye protection. If you would like to come but will be unable to bring some lead with you don't feel like you can't. PM me, I'll be bringing extra with me.

If you are interested in casting this is a great chance to try stuff out and get some hands on experience.

If you can make it we'd love to see some castboolits forum folks there.
    Last edited by Ziptar; 05-11-2012 at 11:14 PM.