WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mange Cure: Dunk dog in used motor oil.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    And then there is Scabies that get on sheep, people and whatever else I suppose. Caught a bunch of some of those little critters while sitting under a little tree near Carlsbad NM while Antelope hunting. Next time I went to the mountains to hunt elk, slept in the sleeping bag again and yep, had them little fellers again. It was hard to get rid of them then. Nearly all the stuff that is for sale to kill head lice, fleas, and etc. have a product called Permethrin at 1% levels. Permethrin 36.8% SFR can be purchased online. Mix it to 1% in water in a pump up sprayer use it for mosquitoes, fleas, mites, ticks or whatever. Hunters are now wetting their hunting clothes and let them dry completely before wearing them. Repels seed ticks and the limes disease carrying ticks. Saw a demonstration of a tick placed in the center of a 6 inch square of blue denim treated thusly. It began to crawl off. Didn't make it to the edge before dying.
    My Brother-in-law was a guager of oil tanks near Henrietta Texas and had coon dogs and if they got mange, they were pitched into a slushpit of tank bottoms and had to swim out. Got rid of mangemites.
    My doctor put me on low-dose aspirin a few years ago. About the same time, I tested positive for Lyme disease. They couldn't tell me how long I'd had it, nor what I should do about it. I'm 'an anomaly'.

Now, I've no idea what is cause and what is effect, but while I've found ticks crawling on me, I've not had one bite me since. Maybe it's the aspirin, and maybe they think I'm already dead.

(?)
    Last edited by Hannibal; 11-14-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Boolit Master

Forgot that I had posted on this thread a few years ago. Big Boomer
    Last edited by Big Boomer; 11-16-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234