RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How Many Boolits Cast in June?

Boolit Master
    Any guesses on how many?

Boolit Buddy
    By June it'll be hot enough out here in Phoenix, AZ to cast boolits without the need of a heat source. Just leave the lead in a pot on the sidewalk and you'll be casting in minutes.

I've been finishing up my last minute casting this week... still have a few .44 mag to put together then I'm done till at least October.
    _coder

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” - William Pitt

i'm good with any month between the wednesday of the second full week in february till the wednesday of the second full week in november. the rest will be spent finding fur, besides i cast outside and in the winter it's real hard to get the pot hot enough to pour.

i figured it up though i can cast 250ish (#225450) keepers in one hour, but i'll break it down by caliber and cartridge or front stuffer

Just alloyed up a couple hundred pounds of ignots, and have two real nice 4 bangers ready to cast.....

Shawn, Flint Mi.

Boolit Master
    Less than 72 hours until blastoff...

I am going to guess that we have a total that slightly exceeds 20,000...

...seriously, I have no clue.

I am new to casting, only been doing it now for 3 months and probably already have about 3,000 to 4,000 bullets casted in various caliber. I have been doing .309, .358, .356 and .452 so far and plan on doing .401 here by mid June. This sounds like it could be fun. I do all my smelting and casting outside, especially since I live in a mobile home and getting good ventilation during casting process would be difficult. The only issue I have is that if it rains...well no casting since everything is setup without a roof overhead.
    WVHunter129
    Aim Small/Miss Small

Boolit Bub
    i cast 180 pounds into ingots yesterday and last night cast 750 45acp 230grn so i will be casting up the rest of the lead in june

Boolit Master

June is way to hot here in deep south Texas for casting. Typically 100* weather already. This month I finished my yearly cast. I don't have boolit counts but I have decreased my ingot supply by almost 300 pounds. Boolits are all pistol in 9mm, 357, 40S&W & 45acp.

Next I will be lubing indoors with the AC running.

Bliksem

Boolit Master

After reading Bobthenailers count, I'm out. I live in South Florida. If I casted over 20,000 boolits in a month you would find me melted in my garage. I casted only about 200- 45 calibers tonite and I sweated out about a gallon.

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I have far better things to do than count how many bullets I cast, like cast, lube, and shoot them. I'd guess it will be in the mid hundreds.

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, I cast about 400 in May. That'll go up in June.
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    I have some .32 HBWC to cast, and then some pointy .135 grain .357s to cast, then it is on to some .41 Keiths, and then probably some .32 115 grain boolits for .32 H&R and .32-20.

It seems we have two definite classes of outside casters: Those who don't cast in the summer because it is too hot, and those that have to wait until summer when it warms up.

We'll see which group is most prodigous...

Boolit Master
    I have three molds I have not cast with yet, just waiting for June so I will have something to add to the total.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master

June is a shootin' month for me. I rarely cast anymore than I need to get ammo loaded in June. I try to get my casting done by the end of April cause I know there are a lot of things I can do in the summer that I can't do the rest of the year. The second weekend in June I'll be shooting up a lot of the casting sessions proceeds from January.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master
    The Lee pot is warming up now as we speak...

I guess I will draw first blood.

Boolit Master
    I live in northeast NY the mornings are pretty cool ,I like to cast a few hundred boolits at a time in the morning before the wife and kids get up thats my weekly routine. I do all my heavy smelting of wheel weights and raw lead in the winter so the summer casting is less smokey . Works for me

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by badgeredd View Post
    June is a shootin' month for me.
    Me too.

This is why I am casting early.
    I cast a pot full of 125 gr RNFP this afternoon. Probably 600+ pieces.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    526 .32 Hollow Base Wadcutters

Boolit Master
    Next on the list: Back to the .360" Midweight pointy boolit mold by NOE.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfin View Post
    I think we can do a second one of these during a winter month, just to compare the two.
    Great Idea.
    I cast in the garage. In the dead of winter months, I can't cast. The pot fluctuates and I stand on an ice cold concrete slab. A cover for the pot helps, but when it gets below
    20 degrees, it is uncomfortable.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel