Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: New Marlin LAs

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way

Thumbs down New Marlin LAs

I stopped in a shop today that had several new Marlins in the rack. The first I looked at was an 1894c Remlin. The metal work looked fine, but the wood to metal was pathetic. There was easily 1/8" gap behind the lower tang, and easily 1/32"-1/16" around the receiver. I picked up another in 44 Mag, and it wasn't quite as bad in the buttstock, but the right side of the forend was easily 1/8" thicker than the left. I picked up another and looked it over and it was what I had expected od Marlins. When I looked on the barrel it was obvious as to why. This one was pre-Remlin!

I will not ORDER one. If I can't one in stock that meets my expectations, I'll do without.

Boolit Master
    Jeeeeeeez! Another one ! You must be one of those black helicopter guy's. Just Kidding, does it not make you sick. Welcome to the new America- the new third world. A little over four decades ago we sent men to the moon with computers the size of houses, now we cannot program one to sand a piece of wood. WE FEEL / KNOW YOUR PAIN! Gtek
    Last edited by Gtek; 05-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.