MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: My remington-hepburn 38-50

Boolit Mold

My remington-hepburn 38-50

Here is some photos of the rifle I just build. took me 2 years. the action is a kit from Upper MO. Trading CO. It was post to be machined with some filing to be done, What a laugh that was, the barrel is a Kreiger blank 1 1/2 dia 1-10 twist I machined it and black rust for finish. drilled & tapped scope mounts,drilled forearm holes & tap. The wood came from Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply. was their semi-fancy. Had to inlet and bed stock and forearm, nothing fit and what a pain to work with figured wood, the diamond inlay in the forearm came from Africa when we were there in 2010 on a hunt

the chamber reamer came from Pacific tool, and they had me get a throater, so I could set how far out I wanted to seat the bullet.

Gerald C

Boolit Master

Now that is really nice. Good work !!

PS

Are the white bass running at Trenton yet ?

Facta non verba

Vendor Sponsor

Hey Gerald,

Great!

You should be very happy with that rifle!

I considered building a Upper MO Trading Co Hepburn years ago. I did some asking around. I have a good lathe and small milling machine. In the end I thought I would have to buy two action kits, build the first so I would know what not to do on the second.

My hat is off to you for getting finished! Happy shooting! It is a show piece!

Chill
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

Beautiful rifle

Gerald, you did a great job building the Hepburm. I like the rifle and the caliber. Could you tell us who made the scope and what power it is ?
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Mold

scope

The scope is a MVA 6x I have put on DZ mounts now, they are the cats meow, a lot eazier to make adj. I have no problem getting to 1000yds. with room to spare!!!

I haven't gone fishing yet, with my wife just out of the hospital, had to miss Alliance shoot that's going on now, bummer but there is the Aug. shoot I hope to make

Gerald C