Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those so inclined

Boolit Mold
    Between the Mighty Mississippi and Lake Pontchartrain
    My in-laws both had hospice. They were exceptional people in regards to the elderly. We all learned to be positive when speaking and not to show signs of depression. Sometimes a small kind gesture before leaving for work would brighten their day, watching a favorite old movie, surprising them with ice cream has always brought a smile. This older generation cherished simpler things, such as spending time and just talking. Good luck think positive and smile for them. Prayers from my end.

Boolit Bub
    God's blessing's and peace to Trudy and your family. Your familys care for Trudy is a beautiful example of the Fourth Commandment. Pax

Prayers and positive thoughts going out to your family.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

Bret,
    Prayers sent to you and yours.
    Stay strong, jmsj

Moderator Emeritus

Thoughts and Prayers headed your way Brett. I salute you for your dedication to your family, a trait that is becoming rarer every day it seems.

Take care and God Bless
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Bret,
    Prayers are a coming!
    Ramar

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Bret, Prayers sent for you and your family, will keep you all in my thoughts and Pray for the best.

jcwit
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Bret, my prayers and praises are sent for you. I had the privilege and honor of having my mother in law spend the last 12 years of her life living with our family. The last year and a half of her life, my wife was able to spend full time with her. It is truly an opportunity to get to know them in a much different light (even if it is your own parent) than you have ever known them before, plus a great opportunity for the grandkids.

You are a good man, Bret. Don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both
    Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Hang in there, Bret. I have three good friends in serious conditions at the time also, so you will all be prayed for together.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

In Remebrance

Thanks to all. It's been a really rough couple days. She fell trying to get to phone to make a call she didn't need to make at all while I was doing chores. That lead her to wanting pain meds for her shoulder. We're still not sure what happened but we're pretty sure between the pain meds and her normal meds she overdosed herself on something. She was barely conscious for 3 days. I gave the hospice a call and the nurse came right up. Took her about a 1/2 hour to figure the meds out. We're sure she was mixing them up. Whatever it was she took it lasted almost 3 days. Wasn't till last evening I got a decent amount of fluids into her and a little food. Thankfully this AM she woke up back to her old self, ate 3 eggs and toast, 2 cups of coffee and several glasses of apple juice. Thank God! I thought she'd be in the hospital for sure if we had another day like the previous 3. it's like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

The, to top it all off, Thursday evening my 10 year old son and I were taking a battery out to a fencer in the field, trying to hurry and get back to helping with Nana. I took a turn and the door on my old truck flew open! Out went Gordy. Talk about scary. He busted his right wrist.
    I've been beating myself up over that too.

All in all this has been the most stressful time I've had since the 4 foster kids got dropped off after an emergency removal from their previous home. No sleep, constant worrying. Man! Anyway, it's getting better now. I thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers and for allowing me to vent a little. You guys are the best! God bless you all.

Banned

Bret, I know what you are going through. We JUST moved our Nana from OH into our downstairs room with a full bath last Sunday. She too is 83yrs old. It hasn't even been a week for us. It's quite a change, as you know. My thoughts and prayers are for you and yours, for sure!

Boolit Master

Bret
    You are what I thought families where supposed to do and it is so good to know you have stepped up and have given Trudy the right to live her life out with family.
    Blammer I totally understand how you feel and yes it is a change.

Both of you should know that in my last marriage I took in the wife's mother who was in her 90's when we moved to Idaho. The bad part was she stuck her nose in our business to much and I am sure helped the ex feel she could do better than me. So sometimes it is not a good thing but I still think family should look out for family.

Prayers and thoughts to both of you and yours and best of luck
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

In Remebrance

Prayers and positive thoughts must be working guys. She's much better these last couple days. In fact shes decided not to take her sleep meds anymore and see what happens. They made her groggy all day, she was sleeping 20-22 hours a day! Really hard to keep someone up on fluids, food and meds when they're comatose.

Thanks again!

Boolit Master

Bret great news now if she can sleep and stay awake during the day what fun awaits you now? ha ha
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    Bret, keep the faith, and thank you for the privilage of bringing your situation before the Lord.
    "He will keep in His perfect peace those whose mind are set on Him"

Kudos for doing whats right - even if is isn't easy. So How's your sons wrist?
    I hope hes OK.

Paul in WNY
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

In Remebrance

Thanks Paul, his wrist is coming along fine.

In Remebrance

The end is near guys. She just deteriorated so fast over 10 days or so its unbelievable. We only had 3-4 good days really after my last post. Why she's still alive I don't know. She's just a shell at this point. Hard to watch but there's simply nothing to be done.

Boolit Master

Bret if the end is near as you say, I hope she goes peacefully.
    When it is her time, she'll know she was with family till the end
    You've and are doing a very honorable and noble thing by taking care of her. too many these days have forgotten what family is and means.

In Remebrance

Well, she passed about 20 minutes after my post. No more pain Nana.

Boolit Master

My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family Bret.
    She is in a better place now and as you said, she is pain free.
    God bless.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast