RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Barrel 12ga suggestions?

Boolit Buddy
    Hmmm I wonder why it needs exposed hammers? After all the hammerless gun was perfected in the late 1800's which is still of course in the cowpokes heyday.

Of course here in the UK one would just go and buy an original hammer gun and forget about screw in chokes. Plenty of them still about in excellent condition.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang Fire View Post
    This is the result with 18 3/4” barrels, is heavy, but has nice piece of walnut and shoots good.
    I bought one of these new with 20" bbls. I bought it already 'gunsmith' tuned for cowboy competition (bigggggggggggggggggggg mistake). After a trip to a shotgun smith to have the sears re-cut, new springs, etc it shoots ok, but the left Bbl fails to fire (ftf) occasionally. Sort of OK with Federal ammo, but still one in ten to twenty ftf. I then pulled it down and noticed that one of the hammer assemblies was faulty and does not reliably strike the firing pin thngo. Repairing that is one of my priorities when I get home. I will also replace the trigger assemblies right way around. Part of the 'tune up' involved reversing the triggers for speed wortk, but when you own ten different shotguns with double triggers, it is of dubious value. I don't have to think about the standard set up, but I do with this set up.

When this one is going ok, I will be finally set up properly for Classic Cowboy
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."