Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Hand Gun List

Boolit Grand Master
    I nominate the Charter Arms 22 that they made out of the old Ar-7 22 survival rifle--looked both Ugly AND cheap.

Boolit Master
    I will come to the defence of the Broomhandle Mausers and the Webley revolvers, they are both so dang cool they count as beautiful guns in my books!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
    I will come to the defence of the Broomhandle Mausers and the Webley revolvers, they are both so dang cool they count as beautiful guns in my books!
    A poster with taste and a discerning eye, at last.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    How about a Cobray "derringer"? It's a side by side .45/.410 break action pistol. Yes, I used to have one. With the exception of snakes that you almost stepped on, it was THE most useless *** I ever fired. I cant figure out how to post pictures, but I'm sure most if not all of y'all know which ones I mean.

Ugliest has to be the one in the James Bond "Man with the Golden Gun", it's like the fugly love child of a Webly SLP and a gold Desert Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
    The Webley is like Rachael Welch compared to the Broomhandle which is more like Phyllis Diller...butt ugly.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

Boolit Master
    Well fine but i repeat, the Hi-Point's make any other ugly gun look like Megan Fox in comparison! (not that i don't know who Rachael Welch is, i just prefer to use the updated standard lol)
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Master
    My vote goes to the Montenegrin Gasser.
    http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge...heate%20gb.htm

Though this example
    http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/de...ian_gasser.htm
    has a certain charm, and looks well made.

And for one that would make a buzzard puke
    http://rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/53/lid/99
    The Shatuck Squeeze pistol.
    Only saving grace is no one is likely to see it when gripped in your hand.
    Last edited by Multigunner; 05-06-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Boolit Master
    I'd like to respectfully profer, as my entry into this contest.....

nearly ALL of the currently popular plastic autos on the market......especially the ones with the various "tacticool" features, such as "accessory rails". YUCK.

Having said that, I will admit that I DO have one of these myself.....and it works well. However, I doubt I'll ever give up the assertion that it is butt-ugly. It has a certain appeal, based on functional usefulness - but it is NOT pretty in any way.

Banned
    Heres one from Sundance Industries:

Banned
    Kel Tec PMR-30

Banned
    Steyr Hahn

Banned
    Frommer M-1910

Banned
    1893 borchardt

Chicken thief,

I will agree that acouple of these were ugly. The little derringer gets my vote as the worst of the lot, only because the 1893 borchardt was the predecessor to, IMHO, one of the most elegant handguns (P-08) ever made.

The other three, while plain, are by NO means the ugliest person at the dance.

Boolit Master
    I'm going to add one I don't remember the designation of but it was a Japanese pistol during world was II, It was the oddest shaped thing I ever saw. I think it was a type 94 and had a reputation of being able to be fired without pulling the trigger

I think this is the gun to which John was referring. It gets my vote as well.

Boolit Bub
    All valid candidates folks. Myself, I must cast a bid for the Thunder 5 revolvers from awhile back, although I must say that a 45/70 snubbie sounds entertaining.
    In need of top notch gunleather? Visit my page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/A-T...05958232763057 and have a look. 10% off for Cast Boolit members.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    As far as guns in current production go, I say the Ruger GP-100 with that hideous Hogue grip that is factory installed nowadays. It looks like they found a piece of chewed up big rig tire on the side of the road and turned it into a pistol grip.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    H&k p7.
    Last edited by Coffeecup; 07-30-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: not only can I not spell, I can't capitalize

Boolit Master

I disagree on the P7 being ugly. Different manual of arms, slick, graceful and very accurate. Same light love the Coonan and Broomhandle pistlos. Each his own.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast