RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Hand Gun List

I've got a couple to add to the list... Maybe not totally ugly to some, but definately weird looking
    1908 Bayard-Pieper
    1907 Clement
    CZ-38
    H&R 1916 Self-Loader
    1898 Rast-Gasser
    1883 Reichsrevolver
    1905 Steyr-Mannlicher
    1913 Warner "The Infallible"
    1910 Frommer (haven't added this one yet, but looking for one)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Glocks.....just plain butt ugly.......

Larry Gibson
    Indeed!

Boolit Master

At least Glock finally beveled the front of the slide.

They haven't felt like a brick for a couple of generations now...

Attachment 230711
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Hi-Point

Colt All American 2000. Enfield .476 revolver. Glocks and everything that was spawned thereof. Ruger Super Redhawk.Colt Bisley-Ruger did it better. Raven .25. CZ52. CZ100. Walther P38. Remington R51 and R9. The new Beretta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    1934 Nambu. The pistol that made it easy to shoot yourself in the foot.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

And never forget the Remington XP100 and the Magnum Research Lone Eagle.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Gyrojet pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    The movie "Ghost In The Shell" has one of the members of the crime unit shooting the Metaba and that was the first one I've seen. While I wouldn't call it ugly as the 1934 Nambu would be my first pick. And glocks have no soul. Frank

Boolit Master
    I think that these gold colored titanium Magnum Research Desert Eagles have to be at the top of the ugly pistol list. But maybe dictators, pimps and drug dealers like them.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quickest way to add some ugly to a handgun is to put a huge corrugated accessory rail on the dust cover. Yeah, I'm talkin' to you Sig Sauer. I can understand putting it on the poly frames since the tacticool nerds have to have it, but for goodness sakes why defile the 220 series?
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Quickest way to add some ugly to a handgun is to put a huge corrugated accessory rail on the dust cover. Yeah, I'm talkin' to you Sig Sauer. I can understand putting it on the poly frames since the tacticool nerds have to have it, but for goodness sakes why defile the 220 series?
    Hear, hear. Tool rails on SIG-Sauer classic pistols are as bad as fiber-optic sight sets on any firearm. Walter Mitty/mall ninja horse warp. I have other far less complimentary things to say about both concepts, but we will leave it at this.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Ugh. Rails on pistols

Boolit Master
    I don't know, in my old age with aging eyes, I sorta like the rails. it makes it easy to mount a scope or red dot sight on them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    I don't know, in my old age with aging eyes, I sorta like the rails. it makes it easy to mount a scope or red dot sight on them.
    Yeah, I get that Earl. It is the lights and lasers hung underneath the muzzle that I object to. Trusting your life to any device that is battery-powered is foolish. Rails up top for optics are OK.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    On the other hand - For night shooting, you really don't want a 120V power cord powering your weapon light. But you will want a backup light in case that mounted one doesn't work.

I was trained to use a modified Weaver stance, the Maglite I was using back then was a 4D cell model, and would double as a baton / club in a pinch. LED lights nowadays are a lot brighter but not so usable as a club weight wise - Their light output will straight WRECK your, and someone else's, night vision, though. Things change a bit in 40 years LOL

Anyways, Right hand on 1911, left hand holding the light, backs of your hands together, to let you still do the Weaver thing. Works OK and you can pulse the light on just when you have something new to look at, then off so as to not reveal your position constantly. And trained using other light sources (4 way flashers, for example) as well. Low light changes some things, and not others.

Training is a good thing.

My ugly handgun suggestion is the GyroJet as well, but it's one I'd love to own, if you could get ammo for it. Be fun to shoot it a lot. There are propellants that would push the projectile a lot faster, question is, would they do so safely? No one wants their GyroJet to go kaboom, or any other handgun for that matter! Not sure at all that that propellant I know of would be all that safe...

Boolit Master

magnum research lone eagle is my ugliest gun.

Boolit Master
    CZ-52 should be on this list.
    It shoots nice, but should still make this list.

My Ruger P97.45 pistol is pretty ugly.

Boolit Master
    I think that gold plated tiger striped Desert Eagle is at the top of the list for me. I do not think there is an uglier gun in existence. My eyeballs hurt after looking at that monstrosity. Fugly indeed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast