Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Ugly Hand Gun List

Boolit Buddy
    The Nambu is real ugly and a unsafe *** they should have been sunk in the Pacific.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    I think that gold plated tiger striped Desert Eagle is at the top of the list for me. I do not think there is an uglier gun in existence. My eyeballs hurt after looking at that monstrosity. Fugly indeed.
    I found one uglier.

I think just about ANY gun in gold is ridiculous (except for brass-framed lever actions...) so when you take the world's ugliest revolver and make it in gold, then you have raised the bar for ugliness...

Attachment 230862
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

For the most part I enjoyed this thread because you guys have put together a collection of really desirable handguns. Most of the really nice ones are financially out of my reach. I would really love to have that Borchardt C-93.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ROGER4314 View Post
    I volunteered to help the "Friends of The NRA" and sold raffle tickets at booths at various events. We took 7 guns to the events that were to be raffled off. In that group, we had a PINK revolver that came in a pink carry case. That pistol attracted more attention and sold more raffle tickets for us than ANYTHING else! I could have sold that pistol 1000 times on the spot! People simply went nuts over the thing.

Flash
    My wife wants a pink hello kitty glock.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Glocks.....just plain butt ugly.......

Larry Gibson
    YUP!! what he said!
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Ugly is as ugly does. I keep getting reports of people shooting themselves in the leg while re-holstering Glocks and other pistols that have the semi-cocked action and the finger-lever safety. One was a service member I served with, who was crippled for life.

Boolit Master

Glocks

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    Ugly is as ugly does. I keep getting reports of people shooting themselves in the leg while re-holstering Glocks and other pistols that have the semi-cocked action and the finger-lever safety. One was a service member I served with, who was crippled for life.
    I fail to see how it is the gun's fault that the trigger was pulled when it shouldn't have been.

But blaming guns for people's negligence is nothing new.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

I didn't actually blame anybody for anything. But the way the incident occurs is this: a bit of shirt tail gets in the trigger guard while the gun is being inserted into the holster. As the gun is pushed home, the cloth offers enough resistance to operate the trigger.

Could it happen with an ordinary double action pistol or revolver? Maybe, but I've never heard a report that it has.

Could it be prevented by the operator? Obviously, yes. And yes, it is the responsibility of the operator to see that it doesn't.

Would I own one? No.

Boolit Master

I didn't actually blame anybody for anything. But the way the incident occurs is this: a bit of shirt tail gets in the trigger guard while the gun is being inserted into the holster. As the gun is pushed home, the cloth offers enough resistance to operate the trigger.

Could it happen with an ordinary double action pistol or revolver? Maybe, but I've never heard a report that it has.

Could it be prevented by the operator? Obviously, yes. And yes, it is the responsibility of the operator to see that it doesn't.

Would I own one? No.
    So you would never own any striker-fired pistol? Because that is all the Glock is and it's design has been copied numerous times by most manufacturers.

A reasonable statement would be that you wouldn't own any pistol that didn't have a manual safety or a hammer.

Not sure why you are zeroing in on Glocks.

I didn't say that either. Some striker-fired pistols are partially cocked to make the double-action trigger pull easier. They have a safety lever in the trigger that must be depressed to move the trigger and fire the gun. The system originated with Glock, I think. I avoid them.

Some striker-fired pistols have a conventional safety, and some are double action/single action or double action only. Not all striker fired pistols are copies of the Glock. I happen to like my H&K P7 very much. It is a striker fired pistol.

I'm sorry that I offended you. Glocks can be handled and used safely, as evidenced by the many thousands in service. You are correct, as I agreed to earlier, that it is the operator's responsibility to handle any gun safely. But I don't like this type of action. My opinion, and nothing more.

Boolit Master

I didn't say that either. Some striker-fired pistols are partially cocked to make the double-action trigger pull easier. They have a safety lever in the trigger that must be depressed to move the trigger and fire the gun. The system originated with Glock, I think. I avoid them.

Some striker-fired pistols have a conventional safety, and some are double action/single action or double action only. Not all striker fired pistols are copies of the Glock. I happen to like my H&K P7 very much. It is a striker fired pistol.

I'm sorry that I offended you. Glocks can be handled and used safely, as evidenced by the many thousands in service. You are correct, as I agreed to earlier, that it is the operator's responsibility to handle any gun safely. But I don't like this type of action. My opinion, and nothing more.
    I understand. I mistakenly took your original post as to mean that Glocks were the only striker-fired pistol that people have negligent discharges with and that you avoid only Glocks.

Your clarification makes more sense. Sorry if I came off as offended.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567