Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lyman Tru Line Junior

Boolit Master

The OD of the dies might be a touch larger than the adapter for your #55. I would measure to compare them. If that is the case, you might be able to have a machinist take an old 310 body and modify it to act like a tap so you clean the threads out.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Bub
    Does anyone have any leads on where to buy a turret that accepts the 7/8-14 dies? I know some were made/sold a few years back, but I can’t seem to find anyone who currently is making them. I don’t have the tools nor access to anyone I know that could make one.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    The OD of the dies might be a touch larger than the adapter for your #55. I would measure to compare them.

Scott
    Yes the dies are .006" larger in diameter.

Boolit Master
    Now I got another 310 set,the steel made tong says "38 spl" and the dies fit perfectly in the Junior press turret.

The non-fitting large dies came with a 357 aluminum tool.

Boolit Grand Master
    Petander, I have come to believe you've encountered a phenomenon known as "tolerance stacking." As you are no doubt aware, manufacturers have a defined range of acceptance, + or - from the specified size. If you try to fit a maximum size part into a minimum size hole, the result is a too tight or even unusable fit. In a best case scenario, big would match up with big and small with small, but obviously several decades later and half a world away, our old friend Murphy and his infamous Law will come into play, and there we are.

Remind me please, what is your unusable die? Is it a caliber we can easily swap out for you? Individual dies can pretty easily be tossed in a mailing envelope labeled as the metal tool die it is, only without mentioning it is for reloading or gun stuff.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Froggie,thank you for the swapping idea - but I can use these all. A full 357 mag 310 tong set is nice to have, now with the "new" 38 Special set I'm just fine with the turret press and/or tong set.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    You should be able to adjust your 38 Special dies to be able to load .357 Magnum with them also .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123