WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir Dripsalot has cast his last bullet

Sir Dripsalot has cast his last bullet

I've decided that if I can find the money, my Lee 10# botom pour pot (aka Sir Dripsalot) has cast his last bullet.

It was doing it's normal drippy thing this morning when suddenly the spout froze. I used a small drill bit in vise-grips to try to open it up to no avail. I decided to just leave it for a few minutes and went into the house. When I returned 5 minutes later Sir Dripsalot had decided to not only clear the spout on his own but to go to full open as well. I have a 10 pound puddle of lead on my bench.

That was kinda the last straw. I only paid five bucks for it in the first place and I've cast close to 5000 bullets with it so I'd say I've gotten my money's worth.

Yes, I know I could take it apart, clean it up and fix it. I've done that several times in the past 3-4 months. The bottom line is that I want to spend my time making bullets and not fiddling with the equipment.

I sense that there is an RCBS Pro-Melt in my near future.

Boolit Master

L-a-d-l-e !!

I'll give you your five bucks back for it,plus the shipping if you want to. I need a pre-heater.
    sent via hammer and chisel

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Banned
    If 40Super dont get it then i'm willing to pay you for it. A new one will set me back $100+ in Denmark. So a little fiddling dont bother me at all.

Boolit Bub
    yikes! what would shipping to Denmark cost?

Boolit Grand Master
    Yup, been there and done that. My Lee pot started that a coupla' years back and I put a boolit through the pot and flung it in the dumpster. Good riddance!

I bought a Lyman 10 lb. ladle pot and don't regret it for one second.

Boolit Master
    RCBS is a good choice, for a bottom pour....good pot & great customer service.

Jon
    Col 2:13-17

Banned

wow.
    i bought my 20 lb lee to melt down and clean ww's in, so i could use the lead to make shot.
    25+ years later i use it for casting.
    i still prefer my magma 40 lb pot, but that lee and a 10 lber [i recently bought] get plenty of use.
    i did have to clean and slightly adjust the contacts a couple of years back.

Banned

FYI the spout didn't clog, it froze. Two seconds with a BBQ lighter would have had it flowing again.

Gear

Boolit Master

Fixed mine a while back, screw in spout & a ladle, works good.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine View Post
    yikes!
    Hah! Take a look at the prices in Midway-Finland and convert them to USD.
    In Denmark the prices are probably quite similar(?).

http://www.midway.fi/epages/MidwaySu...By=NameOrAlias
    ( in English)

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    FYI the spout didn't clog, it froze. Two seconds with a BBQ lighter would have had it flowing again.

Gear
    Beat me to it. I always keep a butane lighter and a small piece of wire handy for when mine starts getting tempermental. After I get up to temp I very seldom have a frozen spout unless I lower the temperature too much. The wire is for when debris starts to clog the spout. A screwdriver is also a necessity.

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    €120.00 = $158.828 I'd say even with high shipping he still comes out ahead.
    http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

It unclogged itself - while I wasn't looking

Yes, I could certainly continue to fiddle with it and use it, but the 10 pounds of lead on the bench and floor were kinda the last straw.

Boolit Master

If I was that frustrated I'd just weld up the spout and use it for ladle casting. No use wasting the whole pot for one part.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master
    If you don't want the pot, please don't throw it away. I'd be glad to pay you $5 for the pot plus shipping.

I'm still using a cast iron pot on a Coleman camp stove. Since I ladle cast, I'd just plug up the hole and go on using it. I just don't get it when folks throw away working gear. Any of you guys don't want anything or are going to throw anything away, send it to me. I'll definitely use it! BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    yup, been there and done that. My lee pot started that a coupla' years back and i put a boolit through the pot and flung it in the dumpster. Good riddance!

I bought a lyman 10 lb. Ladle pot and don't regret it for one second.
    hahahahahahhahahahah

Boolit Master
    I had a lyman 10 pounder that always leaked. Drained out all the lead, took off the legs and base, drilled and tapped the bottom pour spout from the outside, reassembled and hasn't leaked since. Try it what have you got to loose?. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

You can use the flat rate boxes for shipping over seas. Not the same as here in the US but still cheaper.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Mold
    This is timely! I am trying to decide between a pot and ladle vs a bottom pour. Both are Lees... The Pro 4 and their $46 pot. Are there resons for a pot that outweigh a bottom pour?

I am just starting out in casting so as a noice I would appreciate any input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast