Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: lubersizer set up?

Boolit Master

lubersizer set up?

bought a used lubesizer rcbs What the proper setup just put the lube in and start sizing . my ? is how much pressure do you apply on lube and I guess the lube goes under the piston with the o ring ? Thanks Guys this is all new to me!

Boolit Master
    Yes, lube goes under piston. apply pressure until boolit has lube in grooves. you have to apply a little more pressure every few boolits. you'll get the hang of it.

Boolit Master
    been tumble lubing till now 44sp-44mag with good results but want to test the limits with some gc red lube boolits . Thanks Joe

Boolit Master

Go to RCBS website and you can download the manual to the LAM

Boolit Master
    Some lubes will require heat to work through the sizer.

In Remembrance

The number of lube grooves per bullet being sized and the diameter of the bullet will dictate how often you need to add an 1/8th crank on the lube wrench. Even using a Lyman H & I die can make a difference in when more lube is called for. Myself, I will size 2 bullets, .338 for example with 1 large groove, then put an 1/8th of a full turn tug on the lube wrench to keep an even amount being applied. For large dia. bullet of .416 and larger you may need to work the wrench every other bullet. Resistence to operating the wrench will tell you the lube chamber is at peak capacity for lubing.Robert

Boolit Master
    lubed some 240gr 44 last nite with carnuba red seamed to work ok i just dont see the advantage over tumble lubing , is it just the wait time over sizing and re tumbling!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monge View Post
    lubed some 240gr 44 last nite with carnuba red seamed to work ok i just dont see the advantage over tumble lubing , is it just the wait time over sizing and re tumbling!
    Sometimes there isn't a real advantage, but there are definitely bullets/guns/velocities where conventional lubes have a definite performance advantage over tumble lube.

But for those bullets/guns/velocities where it works then I'm a firm believer. I have better things to do with my time than insert bullets into the sizer one at a time.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.