Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bolt knob ideas????

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    I never thought of that, but then again, I don't think gloves and shooting, .....
    Mick, due to heart medication I can't handle cold weather without gloves, etc. Those little pocket chemical heat pacs were a godsend for me. I buy them by the case.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior1942 View Post
    Mick, due to heart medication I can't handle cold weather without gloves, etc. Those little pocket chemical heat pacs were a godsend for me. I buy them by the case.
    I'm pretty much the same way. I haven't spotted the heat packs, I will keep an eye out for them.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Junior,

You've got a real lever arm with that bolt and screwdriver handle. I doubt you've ever have trouble opening that bolt. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Good hunting,
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

I reckon with that snazzy set up and a low pressure cast boolit load, if you gave the rifle an upwards flick, followed by a sharp downwards and forward flick, it would open the bolt and eject the empty for you, lol.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    Hey Junior;
    That is a blacksmith's dream rifle, isn't it?
    If it makes you happy, thats good. We still live in a free society. A man's tools are his to modify as he sees fit.

Didn't the Soviet Union make like 14 million of these things? The collecting community will survive this incident.

I just bought a MN 91/30 for $75.00 at a well known Virginia gun store (Clarke Brothers) that was sitting right next to one priced at $150. This one didn't have the importer hang sticker on it, so the store wanted it out the door, no warrenty. It didn't need one. Shoot fine. Horrible trigger, but that can be improved.

Thanks

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Thanks for the kind words, junkbug. Somebody said they made 17,000,000 of them! I doubt a single one of them has a happier owner than mine!

I am in China with my wife at the moment. I am keeping my eyes open for a suitable bit of 'kitch' to use as a Mosin Nagant bolt handle. I haven't seen anything that has really taken my fancy yet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345