Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting loads for 6.5 Jap

All except one load tried with a 38 Jap and the cruise were 15" plus at 100 yds. The exception was 20gr 2400 getting 4". Records from 6 years ago show no velocity for that one for some reason. Most of my cast velocities with the better loads all show 2100 to 2350fps. That's using a 266469, and getting 2" or a tad more. If you happen to have a .25 cal mould that is at least .261 you might be surprised how well it does. I pushed a 258325 up to 2100fps and got a respectable 3" Don't be afraid to try something different, it my surprise you. Especially if you can't come up with a mould in exact caliber they say you need.
    N.R.A. Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgewxxx View Post
    All except one load tried with a 38 Jap and the cruise were 15" plus at 100 yds. The exception was 20gr 2400 getting 4". Records from 6 years ago show no velocity for that one for some reason. Most of my cast velocities with the better loads all show 2100 to 2350fps. That's using a 266469, and getting 2" or a tad more. If you happen to have a .25 cal mould that is at least .261 you might be surprised how well it does. I pushed a 258325 up to 2100fps and got a respectable 3" Don't be afraid to try something different, it my surprise you. Especially if you can't come up with a mould in exact caliber they say you need.
    Thanks, George. I wondered if there might be another caliber that was a close enough fit. There aren't a whole lot of choices in the off-the-shelf mold out there for 6.5.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    I use the RCBS 140gn silhouette mould for my T38, gas checked to .265 with 18.5gn of 5744 which works well.

I also have 2 C.M. moulds, which I originaly bought for my M91 Carcano; I am having one of them cut down to throw a 150gn bullet, as I have found that they work very well; This size bullet might also suit the T38; I make them by hand at the moment, by cutting off the lower driving band with a hacksaw, which brings them down to 150gn

ukrifleman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12