Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hi-Point 45 ACP Pistol

Boolit Mold

Hi-Point 45 ACP Pistol

Hi all. I am currently casting 230 gn lrn tl boolists from a lee 6 cavity mold and seem to be doing well. I am considering trying a lee SWC 6 cavity mold but dont want to put out any cash until I know the hi-point 45 acp will not have any issues. Does anyone use swc in their hi-point using a lee mold and if so what model? Thanks in advance!

John

Boolit Buddy Carolina Cast Bullets's Avatar
    Send me a snail mail addy and $5.15 for shipping. I can send you 20 of each, 230 gn TC and 200 gr SWC, both from 6 hole Lee molds

Jerry
    Carolina Cast Bullets
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional ! ! !

Boolit Master
    I used the Lee 200 grain SWC TL in a friends JHP45 hi-point and it ran ok a few jams if the rounds weren't all the way back in the magazine (tap the back of the mag on your and before loading it). The Lee 230 TC in both forms TL or traditional lube groove design did well too. Additionally the Lee 228 grain 1R and the 200 grain RF ran just as good as the rest. The 230 TC designs had the best accuracy. I don't know about the Lee traditional groove 200 SWC though since I've not cast that design.

Boolit Buddy
    When you get it going let me know. Been thinking of getting one of these as a plinker/stash gun. It's by no means the prettiest but plenty of good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 9-toes View Post
    When you get it going let me know. Been thinking of getting one of these as a plinker/stash gun. It's by no means the prettiest but plenty of good reviews.
    I used to have one, it was my first gun. Like holding a brick, but it never malfunctioned ever. I ended up trading it for more 44 magnum ammo than I could carry + a spam can of 7.62x39. I don't miss it but I had no complaints about it, good shooter and highly reliable. A good value in my opinion. That was before I reloaded, never put boolits through it.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a HP 380, 9mm, and 45 acp for hammering cast through and you're right, these things just don't malfunction too oftern, if at all. I have a FFL 03, so I have many others, but I still shoot these. I have a 9mm carbine as well and that thing is just fun to shoot!