MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: NRA Annual Meeting 2012

Boolit Master

NRA Annual Meeting 2012

Arrived last night for the National Rifle Association's Annual Meeting in St. Louis, Missouri. The local news stations have been talking up the meeting but also caution attendees that public transit does not allow persons with Concealed Weapon Permits to carry on-board. My buddy and I drove so that won't be a problem.

If you flew there, take a taxi and stay off public transit. There are loads of attractions within walking distance of the America's Center convention hall. Walking in big cities is always dangerous so utilize the appropriate precautions. Let's hope no one needs to defends themselves or loved ones from danger.

Let's hear from those folks who chose to attend and share the experience with those who couldn't make the trip. Frank
    Last edited by fcvan; 04-13-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Boolit Master
    Hi all, Myself and my brother-in-law will be there tomorrow @ noon. Would be nice to meet up and put some faces to names but it seems late to organize some kind of get together I suppose. Have a safe trip. Don

Boolit Master

We attended the 'Friends of NRA' banquet. Over 110,000.00 was raised just with the auction. There were lots or pretty and shiny things to drool over and loads of friendly people. The dinner was in the stadium where the St. Louis Rams play their games. Wayne LaPierre visited every table (about 160 tables) and greeted everyone personally. Took some pictures at the event but mere pictures cannot capture the magnitude of the gathering. We are looking forward to the events, speeches, and exhibits. Frank

Boolit Master

Went there today, with my son and my daughters boyfriend. Got luck and got into the US bank parking garage, directly across from the convention. $15 to park....ouch
    Convention was good, actually overwhelming. Only had about 3 hrs I could stay, due to other priorities.
    Seen Ted Nugent out signing autographs. He was mingling with the croud, which was pretty neat to see, instead of being behind a counter or booth.
    Did alot of talking to vendors, there. Am looking to build on an A4 platform for the 300 AAC Blk,
    with a suppressor.
    When talking to the vendors, while looking at their products, first thing I asked was, what makes you think your product is better than your competitors? Why should I buy your product for my project build over your competitors?
    And lastly, can you prove your product is better than your competitors product?

Several could talk the talk, but others really stumbled when I asked my questions.
    The guys from SOG really fell flat. Wouldn't even talk to me, I didn't even get to ask questions, anything.
    There was a handrail vendor right beside SOG's, I walked over and started talking to them, and quite loudly so the SOG guy heard me very well, told them what I was planning and that SOG lost any hope for my business.
    Actually had one suppressor vendor, while talking to them, steer me to the AAC booth, because they'd have what i'm looking for and the answers to what I was asking. I thought that very stand up of them.
    Overall it was quite the thing to be at, I do think though, the one in Louisville, Ky was better laid out, seemed to be more organized, more room. Also there was more AR vendors at it, I think than in St Louis.

Boolit Master

The Freedom Experience was quite an event. The patriotic music was performed by a junior air force academy. That really set the tone. Wayne LaPierre was the Master of Ceremonies and as always was a powerful speaker. Larry the Cable Guy put on quite a show followed by Glenn Beck. The history lesson was motivational and inspiring. One more day of exhibits and meetings.

Speaking of meetings, the seminar on hunting rights was very informative. there was discussion by board members of ongoing efforts to develop and preserve hunting access to state and federal lands. We will try and hit a couple lectures and make another pass around the awesome exhibits. Frank

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Thanks for the updates!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!