Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep your guard up!!!

Keep your guard up!!!

I got this in an email and had to check it out....

I did some checking on-line and this appears to be factual. Remington, located in North Carolina is the main front company, it's owned by Freedom Group, Inc.. It's CEO is from Cerberus. I'm surprised NRA hasn't put anything out about this
    SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW THAT IS HAPPENING
    Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns ?????
    For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has bee buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to
    stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.
    Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by acompany called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the
    most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance) If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars an Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros .

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/do-y...can-gunmaking/
    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...rberus&st=&ps=

These sources say false with a few others but that is no reason to let your guard down! It is hard telling who on the board Soros may be influencing, I hope not but you never know. I looked up Cerberus also, it’s a financial holdings company, with no mention of Soros. But…. Cerberus is also a greek mythical creature; what is described as a three headed hell hound that guards the gate to the underworld. That is a freaky coincidence by itself.
    I’m just sayin…..

az-jim
    Last edited by AZ-JIM; 04-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

FREEEEEEEEDOMM-William Wallace

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-JIM View Post
    I'm surprised NRA hasn't put anything out about this
    The NRA has put something out about this...they say it isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    The NRA has put something out about this...they say it isn't true.
    Yes, for the little amount of time I spent on this the findings say it is false, ( I added the NRA/ILA link to my post, thank you)
    I'm just sayin I dont trust the guy and keep your gaurd up, awareness is key to prevention.

az-jim
    "You believe these people exist to provide you with position, I believe your position exists to provide these people with FREEDOM"

Banned
    Let me know if a piece of sky actually hits the ground.

Banned

you want something that will open your eyes see who was invested in the company importing all the norinco stuff that clinton put the kibosh on.
    and when they sold thier holdings.

Boolit Master

Careful to much worry about such things will turn your face blue.....oops to late!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Specs for tin foil hats

My understanding is that the standard grade Reynolds Aluminum foil (household brand) is not especially good to form tin foil hats out of. Perhaps the industrial grade (.030" average thickness) is better.
    May I suggest trying that version?

Boolit Master
    Amerimax .014 flashing would be better,

Banned

oooooohhhh aluminum pirate hats....
    not making fun of you jim,just having fun.

Boolit Master

NO NO NO it must be tin or it will still let in the government messages even if they become garbled! Lead will work in a pinch if you are properly grounded.

Of course if you are "properly grounded" you do not need the hat!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

in Remebrance
    Foil has a shiny side and a dull side. Be sure to put the shiny side out for the reflective properties or some stuff will leak in. Goat

My mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Goatwhiskers View Post
    Foil has a shiny side and a dull side. Be sure to put the shiny side out for the reflective properties or some stuff will leak in. Goat
    I should have mentioned that. However, my training was before the standards were measured shiny vs. dull side. Bell Labs proved in 1986 that the shiny side had a better wave dispersion and rejection (via reflection) than the dull side by some 20%. I was working with the industrial vs the home grade testing in the early 80's.
    Sorry about the important missed fact.

Banned
    Do any of our members make mold for pouring tin hats?

Boolit Master
    Can you imagine how batty this info drives the anti's! One of their own actually making a PROFIT, on the unethical and eternally sinful business of manufacturing anything for profit!

I have a WWII era liner and helmet, several layers of Aluminum, brass, Gold and silver paint and a layer of ablative Copper boat bottom paint on the old "pot" provide plenty of shielding! LOL

10 ga
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Banned
    I'm married to a liberal.

Believe me, they don't notice the arm waving around here.

Wow, I don't mind a little friendly razzing, but tin hats and the sky is falling? As I stated in my original post, the email I was sent turns out to be false. I didn't think this sort of thing would be taken so lightly, or as if it were not possible. I had no intentions of trying to convince anyone that gun manufacturers were going to cease to manufacture civilian firearms or anything of the sort. I posted what I feel is both sides of an issue merely as something to think about other than typical anti gun legislation and the anti's methods of doing business. I firmly belive that if we are naive, in that such things can happen other than by legislation alone, we are sadly mistaken. Keep your guard up.

az-jim

Boolit Grand Master

I learned about freedom group a while ago. I don't think that they have any intention of destroying their customer base and all of the billions of dollars they make off of us folks, but one point that I do agree with AZ-Jim about is that it is a little disturbing that so many of the manufacturers are owned by the same company. That is a strength in some ways, but it could be a weakness also.
    I am a little confused about your advice to "keep your guard up" though. It kind of reminds me of the situation we have here in central Ar with the nuclear power plant over in Russellville....built conveniently close to a fault line. If someone was to tell me to "keep my guard up" about that, I would feel the same way. How exactly do you guard against something so much bigger than you are? If freedom arms was to do "something?" all we could do is watch it happen and hope our NRA dollars will do some good. That's pretty much all I can do.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Banned
    AZ-Jim, you can probably expect the same reaction whenever you try to "warn" us about zombies, martians, black helicopters, ray guns, mind control lasers, the Moonies, Mormons or the Freedom Group.

The best bet is to assume that we can look out for ourselves, and figure out where the real threats are on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    I am a little confused about your advice to "keep your guard up"
    It simply means be aware of whats going on around you

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    AZ-Jim, you can probably expect the same reaction whenever you try to "warn" us about zombies, martians, black helicopters, ray guns, mind control lasers, the Moonies, Mormons or the Freedom Group.

The best bet is to assume that we can look out for ourselves, and figure out where the real threats are on our own.
    Haha thats fine, next time I see a black helicopter from the moon, piloted by ray gun armed zombies and martians, with a Mormon door gunner operating the mind control laser, you'll be the last to know and I'll be in my backyard bunker with my tin hat and my SHTF box.

By the way no offense meant in any way, shape or form to anyone Mormon who reads this, I am only re-using what was posted by Jammer.

az-jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast