RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger SR22

Boolit Master

Ruger SR22

Anyone tried one yet? I picked one up Friday and so far I'm pretty impressed with it. I put a 150 or so Federal Bulk round through it yesterday. I haven't shot much handgun in the past couple years so it sure shot as good as I could hold it. Nice size for carrying around the farm in a back pocket.
    Tough week at work and I stopped by the gun shop to peruse and it just sang it's siren song so I took it home.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Buddy
    My friend got one the other day and we shot the snot out of it ate every thing we feed it except it did not like the Winchesters very much gonna get one soon and a LCR also

Boolit Buddy
    I have one had it for about a month now. We have run about
    a 1000 rounds with out a failure of any kind. I love it.

Terry

Just checked it out on Ruger's site. Looks like an improved version of my Walther P22. Don't get me wrong, I love my P22, but from the looks of it, I'd trade my P22 for a SR22 in a heartbeat! Wish Ruger had come out with it several years ago before I got my P22......
    Jon
    if it doesn't fit, don't force it. Get a BIGGER HAMMER!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sledgehammer001 View Post
    Just checked it out on Ruger's site. Looks like an improved version of my Walther P22. Don't get me wrong, I love my P22, but from the looks of it, I'd trade my P22 for a SR22 in a heartbeat! Wish Ruger had come out with it several years ago before I got my P22......
    Jon
    This is bigger than the Walther, actually not a bad size at all. It fits my hands quite nice. Not a target pistol by any stretch but easy to carry and it would be Ok for small game at reasonable distances.
    Show Low, I've been there a couple times back when I was guide over in NM. Pretty area.

Bob

I bought one for my daughter and put a laser max mini or micro what ever they call it On for her. She's shot it 20 times and likes it. I've shot it a couple thousand. Good little gun.
    "Some times it's just better to smile an walk away."

"Think ya used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    -Butch Cassidy & the Sun-dance Kid

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 161 View Post
    I bought one for my daughter and put a laser max mini or micro what ever they call it On for her. She's shot it 20 times and likes it. I've shot it a couple thousand. Good little gun.
    For the daughter huh???????????????????????????

Bob

Ive only held one feels good. I wonder if it will cycle bulk ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
    I still stand by my statement that Ben is a good man.
    WWW.CALGOUGERS.NET

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Quite a departure from the Vegas hot tub- aircraft pilot jet set, limo night on the town with the ho ho's.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by CALGOUGERS.NET View Post
    Ive only held one feels good. I wonder if it will cycle bulk ammo.
    So far I've run 400+ Federal and some WW through mine and have had one FtoF and it went on the second try. All of the rest functioned flawlessly.

Last night for grins and giggles we were shooting at a metal half size deer silhouette at 85yd and I was getting 40% hits. For my eyes and 3 1/2" barrel and a guess at holdover I didn't think that was bad.

Bob

Boolit Man
    I bought one Friday...fed it a bunch of Winchester bulk & it ate it up.... Best little light gun I've shot....even my wife loves it...one grip to fit her hand & one to fit mine. Really like the larger grip & magazine extensions that come with it....easy to change out.... Good thinking Ruger. Nice enough sights...even I can see them. I'd bet if Ruger made a pink grip they would double their sales. A+ by my book!!! Dux

I actually sold my P22 to buy a SR22. Best decision in a while. The SR22 is great. It fed the 8 different types of ammo I fed it - including subsonic.

Not pictured are the CCI MiniMags.

Got me a SR22 the other day .
    Bill's gone but his people still know what there doing. Everething I feed this thing it spit out without a hick-up. Good Ssooting -----------------------------Papa Smurf
    Last edited by Papa smurf; 09-05-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Just a bit of information for anyone purchasing the Ruger SR22 and looking for a green laser. The NcSTAR model AQPTLMG does NOT clamp to the Pickatinny rail on the SR22 frame. The rail on the laser barely engages the rail on the pistol before the laser housing interferes with the trigger guard.

Attachment 60230

Boolit Master

I bought one a couple weeks ago after firing my sons SR22. I tried ever every brand of bulk ammo I have in it and they all worked without a hitch. Even the Winchester bulk that absolutely won't feed in my Ruger 22/45 and Mk II Target (or a couple semi auto rifles) fed perfectly in the SR22. Accuracy wasn't bad with the cheap ammo. When the weather improves I'll break out the good ammo and give it a try.
    Chuck

I have shot 2 of them that were NIB,and they both ran flawlessly with bulk ammo. If I needed another .22 ,this would be the one i'd get for a fun gun.

Boolit Mold
    Hi all.New here.I have had one for a year now,about 7k fired from it.Likes anything it is fed.

Ed

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    So, any updates from folks who have the SR-22? I think it is going to be my next gun purchase, haven't yet read anything bad other than some think the trigger pull is too heavy.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    So, any updates from folks who have the SR-22? I think it is going to be my next gun purchase, haven't yet read anything bad other than some think the trigger pull is too heavy.

You might take a look at the S&W M&P22Compact before you buy. Not saying it's better -- just a bit different. . I got one about a month ago and have been shooting nd carrying it regularly. The trigger is poor, but it still groups well. Weighs 1 pound. Never a failure yet.

Boolit Master

My wife has an SR22, was her first gun. It does very well and with the extra backstraps fits nicely. I haven’t shot it lately but recall the trigger is pretty good. I don’t recall any ammo problems either.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Sounds good. Gonna be awhile before the fun money comes back, so I'll be exploring my options.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast