Well it took me quite a while to save up in order to purchase the molds I really wanted, and along the line I got lucky and found a couple more that I simply couldn't live without.
This said I got three of them in Saturday before and after cleaning, and lubing, I had my pot full and ready to pour in no time. I set the first two on the hot plate to pre-heat them, and when they came up to what I thought was a good temp I started to dump lead.
My initial few cast left little to be desired as the mold simply wasn't up to the 700 degree temp the allow was. Once there however after holding a couple of full mores a few seconds longer than I had been they began to dump some of the best boolits I have ever cast.
I started out with the 45-270 SAA 4 cavity HP, the HG 503 432 HP, and the 411 HG #258 Solid. Since my initial cast with the 45-270 SAA, I have poured up somewhere in the neighborhood of 100# of alloy through these molds and have to say that they are some VERY fine looking boolits.
I have been reading through the older GB Results an finding bits and pieces of load data. As I sit here awaiting the next two GB molds the GB for 41 Mag. #258 (Keith), and the Miha 454640, I am also heading out to test out the initial boolits I have poured up.
These will be using primarily 2400 looking for some good hunting loads. Accuracy will be paramount over velocity and ranges will be checked out to 100yds if possible before we have to stop and go back to work on a few things around here. I have noted down most of the data I could find for these with the 44 and 45 calibers but found very little on the 41's. I am hopeful that by starting this thread we can get some good load data worked up by the long list of folks involved in the GB and get something up and running pretty quickly for everyone.
Thanks and looking forward to your post. I will post my results on what I get accomplished this morning and then agina tomorrow as well.