RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Banned
    This one showing $26.18 check it out. https://en.svaroghunt.ru/.../puleley...adox-12-kalibr...
    This one showing $31 for 20 gauge https://en.svaroghunt.ru/.../puleleyka-sabot-slug-match...
    This one showing $43.37 please check it. https://en.svaroghunt.ru/.../puleleyka-sabot-slug-muha...
    Metal Roll crimper for $12.40 https://www.ebay.com/.../Roll-Crimping.../252957000829...
    Other gauges even cheaper https://www.ebay.com/str/forest-camping2016...

Banned

2000 FPS Gualandi Sabot Slug of 382 gr in 12 gauge, watch the video but it does not mean you too have to shoot it !
    For hunting I'll reccomond stay around 38 to 39 gr of Longshot !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-puOrdGEoU...
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 02-11-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Newton was known to say " Give me a place to stand and I can move the World "

**--** Here is the deal, some of you still value my opinions and want me to continue writing and sharing my views !

1. I will need a totally separate platform for my
    " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "

2. I'll clean up all the BS on my " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "
    For starters I want full control of my post and views, I'm a writer and you cant dictate a writer what and how to think.
    Like in the past I shared my Share market information as to what shares pay you to keep them in your port folio.

3. In the past I use to suggest what Perfumes and colognes are good for gifts for your wife or spouse.
    What do you expect from a Former Estee Lauder Quality Control Manager " Ajay "

**--** Being a Sagittarius, I hold everyone to a much higher standards.
    Without images your post are useless, go through the first page and you will see " Bogus Posts " started without giving any clue as to what they are trying to say, then some of you greedy for your name jumped-in and add more gasoline to further Muddy the Waters, that don't help !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

BS walks.

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !

Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !

Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

**--** Here is the deal, some of you still value my opinions and want me to continue writing and sharing my views !

For starters I want full control of my post and views, I'm a writer and you cant dictate a writer what and how to think.
    Like in the past I shared my Share market information as to what shares pay you to keep them in your port folio.

3. In the past I use to suggest what Perfumes and colognes are good for gifts for your wife or spouse.

Without images your post are useless, go through the first page and you will see " Bogus Posts " started without giving any clue as to what they are trying to say, then some of you greedy for your name jumped-in and add more gasoline to further Muddy the Waters, that don't help !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    PS: Mark my words the 28 gauge will soon turn to be even more popular than even 20 ga, but the 20 gauge will remain very popular.
    12 gauge has become less popular like the 10 and 8 gauge before it !
    If you are just getting in to buying a newer gun choose 28 gauge over 20 gauge and 20 gauge over 12.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

ASSASSIN:

Would you please enlighten me a bit?

Just wanting a few more details.

Your Wadlock barrel... what is the bore diameter? Groove diameter? This is a straight grooved barrel I take it?

Your extended full choke... what is the choke diameter? Even if just full choke at approx. 0.690" the petals must be pinched and sheared at the ball's equator aren't they? Not arguing, just that whenever I get sheared petals I find poor accuracy. Having said that 725 uses 0.702" balls in shotcups and the recovered shotcups are in very poor shape yet he gets excellent accuracy from his rifled gun that way.

So far I have had poor success with 0.690" RB's in even cylinder bore. I find that petals shear and accuracy is poor though that may come down to the plastic wad. I have had good results using smaller balls that either fit the shotcup well or are patched to fit well. That is in smoothbore. I have not tried the Federal 12S4 wads but should I guess.

I've also had great results using 0.735" RB's on hard card wad column.

I am guessing you put the 14 ga. overshot wad on the ball to aid with fold crimp? Does it improve accuracy or have you tried without the 14 ga. overshot wad?

Have you tried roll crimping?

I am always on the lookout to improve my round ball loads! The good ones work pretty well but can probably be improved anyway.

Thanks,
    Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ASSASSIN View Post
    I found that at least with my barrels, when they had the factory forcing cone that was quite short and abrupt, and when the balls were shot into test media, they were most always way out of round, or otherwise slightly lop sided, which made for some very bad groups.
    I can't say I have noticed significant effect on accuracy but I have certainly recovered balls that have a very uneven "belt" around the equator indicating that they were either rolling into the forcing cone or were off center as they entered the bore (smoothbore). That is with 0.735" RB's. Some literally look like no contact for about half the diameter and a tapered wide belt on the other half.

I may have to at least polish my forcing cones.

Now you have me thinking I should try those 0.690" balls through a choke! So far I have had poor results using 0.690" RB's in any wad I have tried. I bought a 0.715" ball mould for my Browning BPS with tight "I/C" choke that measures 0.710" but have not shot those balls. 0.005" oversize shouldn't affect anything but I have been reluctant to shoot an oversize hard ball through a choke.

Thanks for replying that is good info in your posts!

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

I should also qualify my comments. I don't want it to sound like I've tried every combination under the sun! I certainly haven't!

I live in a reloading component desert. There is little available locally and in the past (long past now) I used to drive to Collville Washington (about 1 1/2 hours North of Spokane and about the same South of me in Canada) to buy reloading supplies. However, after 9/11 that came to a halt! Actually it was a few years after but apparently the laws were enacted shortly after. Anyway, the place I used to go to was told they could no longer sell reloading supplies to non US citizens and Homeland Security was enforcing the laws. So the store told their Canadian customers and local gun clubs sent out the info.

It is illegal for non US citizens to be in possession of reloading materials and components in the US. It is legal for me to take them across the border into Canada but I am not allowed to be in possession in the States. This applies even to bullets and empty brass.

Same with ammunition with the exception that if you are attending a shoot or have a non-resident hunting license you can have ammunition for that purpose.

It is also illegal for US citizens to "export" reloading supplies unless they have an FFL. Again that includes bullets and empty brass not just powder and primers. So, you Americans cannot legally send me any boolits or balls or anything else reloading related. I can and do send to the States like the balls I just sent to BT. That's legal.

I order in what I use except for powder which is so expensive to order due to HAZMAT fees that I buy what I can find locally or wait until I get somewhere I can buy some... which is rarely.

Anyway, when I say I haven't had success with any wad I've tried my attempts are limited to maybe 3 or 4 brands of wads. Same applies to powders. I can normally only find one or two powders locally so haven't had the opportunity to try many of the powders many of you use. Mostly I use Blue Dot for heavy slug loads and Green Dot for Trap loads. I also have Unique and have tried SR4756 but I have never had Longshot, Steel, Herco, HS6 and many others.

Again ASSASSIN I appreciate the info it is all good stuff.

Thanks,
    Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

It isn't so much about Canadian restrictions, it is that I live in a small rural area with very little selection available locally. We have one local gun shop that stocks some components but almost nothing for shotgun. It used to be a little better but not so any more. That's why I used to drive to the States to buy powder, primers, etc. It is closer than the nearest larger town that doesn't have much selection anyway.

Homeland Security put the kibosh on us foreigners heading South of the border to buy reloading supplies.

It isn't that bad, just that I can't say "Gee I'd like to try those wads!" and go to the store to pick some up. I have to order in. Powder and primers are trickier but they do come through infrequently and I have ordered from BPI Canada who happened to be passing through my area a few years ago so dropped off my order saving bunches in HAZMAT fees.

I get by.

Thanks,
    Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

Bikerbeans had a .410 "rifle" and turbo1889 who doesn't post here anymore also did a lot of work with .410 but I think more HB and attached wad slugs. Both posted so threads should still be here somewhere.

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

Here is at least one thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...n-with-a-twist

longbow

Banned
    My language to write is with images, I simply don't want anyone getting hurt, allow me to post at least 14 images and the ability to delete any unwanted post.
    That does not help with the flow of information !
    You should have seen my "Workshop" so well planned from A to Z, from Handgun, Rifle to High Power Nitro Express all loaded with pure Gold and separate folders.
    Fix the " Star " rating to * star Bad post, * * stars Ok, * * * stars for good, * * * * stars for very good with some images, * * * * * stard for Excellent with images for safety !

With the amount of efforts we put in to details while loading our high power loads, We are by no means Shotshell loaders.
    A very special breed looking for perfection with sub-standard components to work with.

Herr Gebirgs Jager, high time you start doing some good here, wake up and contribute solid, good information here! !

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Scattered around.

Banned

BS walks.

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Ajay... that's just not fair! You are a picture posting machine! Not all of us have your skill... or picture hosting abilities. I'm a simple old guy!

I certainly agree though that pics help and your posts are always filled with good info and pics.

Maybe I should join a pic hosting site. I've about used my space limit on Cast Boolits.

Longbow

Banned
    Please turn these post as Sticky
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...FH-Slug-Tester
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...g-for-Shotguns

None of our loads use Roll crimp for pressure sure is our friend to load efficiency with far better combustion, therefore we start load development with hotter primer like Fed 209A, get it ! !

BS walks.

Best regards,
    Ajay
    PS: Mark my words the 28 gauge will soon turn to be even more popular than even 20 ga, but the 20 gauge will remain very popular.
    If you are just getting in to buying a newer gun choose 28 gauge over 20 gauge and 20 gauge over 12.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Banned
    Greetings, I really appoligize from the bottom of my heart, you all who come here looking for my post.
    By your coming you make me feel rich knowing we have a bond.
    When my post was on page 46, 50, 52 and even 56 hidden in the woodworks, you came and every morning I would notice the click count going up.
    I do know some small Ammo manufacturers were following my loads in other countries.

I'm a nobody, who failed to fix sub standard components for our High Power Nitro Express Loads but this I promise if you keep clicking then I'll start posting my loads here.
    That is if they don't try to play games with me and try to block me.
    Tomorrow I'll post newer loads.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Cast Boolits Owner

AJ,
    I run the show here. You and I have talked about this before before. Nobody is deleting your post.

Now share some 16ga Slug Loads!
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Ajay.... you know me! I am a 12 ga. guy! No arguments about your 20 ga. nitro express loads but I am all set up with 12 ga. so I'll stick with it. If I had the money I would have a 12 bore H&H Paradox gun but the going rate I just saw was £130,000.00! Yes, you read that right... about $182,000.00 US!!! A little rich for my blood! I'd need a pre-owned Paradox gun to fit my budget... very pre-owned!

And while I know you are thinking "I bet they made those in 20 ga.!" you'd be right but I want a 12 ga.!

If I was only shooting slugs I might be on board with 20 ga. but I like birdshot and buckshot too and 12 ga. is better with those especially 00 buck. In fact I have thought about a 10 ga. with 000 buck. What a formidable load that would be! And 10 ga. slugs aren't out of the question.

I'm retired now so toy money is limited but I may yet buy a fully rifled barrel for my Mossberg or more likely a 3 in 1 combo Mossberg since a barrel will cost me $380 CDN and a 3 in 1 combo will cost me $600 CDN to maybe $660 CDN. So for about 1 1/2 times the price of a barrel I can get a new gun with 3 barrels. Pretty good deal! Either way it'll be 12 ga.

As you know I am stubborn (and maybe not too smart) so am still working with smoothbore. I have a variety of new slugs try out ranging from box stock Lee slugs to Lee slugs modified with center post and screw on wad to some HB slugs from home made moulds and a variety of Brenneke'ized slugs. I also have some "rocket fin" tail wads for Lee slugs based on BigMrTong's design and some more or less based on Cap'n Morgan's ball holding wad.

Lots to do, just gotta get roundtoit.

I do read your 20 ga. nitro express posts though so don't let my 12 ga. obsession deter you!! Your posts are always well written and interesting! And lots 'o pics!

Longbow

Okay I just saw N0. 1 chimed in and I agree... except I want 12 ga. loads! But I'll read about 16 ga. too!
    Last edited by longbow; 02-18-2021 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added some

Banned
    Greetings, I personally do not have a 16 gauge but if I did it would be fun getting creative with it.
    .620 to .625” RB of 350 gr should give you a fiction fit in 16 ga T. Commander wad, now raise the RB
    with two or three .135-20 ga nitro cards till it looks like this:

Another idea would be to use my 20 gauge set up and in stead of putting it in 12 ga CSD wad jut use 16 gauge T. Commander and .575 RB of 285 gr:

You will most likely using a 16 ga smooth bore so RB make sence.

If you happen to have a .633 RB mold from Lyman check the fit with different wads by pushing it thrue without nitro card to see the fit:

16ga DGS-16 Slug (25/pak) https://www.ballisticproducts.com/16...productinfo/07
    21616/
    The sad part is your 16 ga can have the barrel from .662" to .670 ID so each gun will require a different wad for fiction fit, a load that is accurate in this gun wmight not be so accurate in another !
    **--** Here is another neat trick if the fit is too tight, a lot of times by adding one or two nitro cards below will ease the fit !
    You will need a extended 7 to 8 inch rifled choke tube.
    ASM Sabot Slug Bullet Mold MATCH 16GA 16 gauge .614"/15.6mm
    Brand New
    $79.90
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+Mold+20+gauge
    ASM Slug Bullet Mold SS / ZVEROBOY 16GA 16 gauge .665"/16.9mm
    Brand New
    $89.90
    ASM Sabot Slug Bullet Mold MATCH 16GA 16 gauge .614"/15.6mm
    Brand New
    $89.90
    Buy only ASM molds as they are far better made.
    They did offer me 20% discount and 10% for my followers.
    **--** I had asked for any two molds for $100 shipped !
    Maybe I should offer $120 for any two, shipped .

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    Please turn these post as Sticky
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...FH-Slug-Tester
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...g-for-Shotguns

None of our loads use Roll crimp for pressure sure is our friend to load efficiency with far better combustion, therefore we start load development with hotter primer like Fed 209A, get it ! !

BS walks.

**--** I'm starting to feel " I'm doing the dirty work " for the administration by pointing out the faults that no one else dared to, the BS got totally out of hands, high time you BS artists to pack up and look for other forums for your days are numbered here ! !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Now you're talking Ajay! 10 ga. slugs even!

I think you or someone posted at least some of the above before but good to see it again anyway. I'll save the 10 ga. info just in case I move in bore size... more likely that than down.

Good stuff!

Longbow

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast