WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

How about the Stoeger Outback o/u guns?
    https://www.stoegerindustries.com/ov...under-shotguns
    https://www.stoegerindustries.com/co...utback-shotgun
    https://www.stoegerindustries.com/tactical-firearms
    I'm pretty sure they're all smooth bore, but they do come with chokes.
    Deplorable infidel

Banned
    Greetings Fastdadio, the first one sure looks very good and great prices, I use certain powders that I need 26 inch rifled SS heavier barrel and then for the same action I need 12 gauge 26 inch rifled SS heavier barrel. Mossberg makes that 20 and 12 ga combo set just that its not rifled barrels.

If only Mossberg would make this in 20 ga and 12 ga 26 inch rifled barrel combo, it would be a dream come true for us High Power Nitro Express shooters !

I really appreciate your coming aboard, Thank you.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance gpidaho's Avatar
    fastdadio:I own both the Stoeger 12-20 OU combo and the Maverick 12 ga. OU pictured above. While both have some good points, neither are my favorite. The Stoeger is heavy (might be a good thing for buckshot) It comes with screw in chokes but they are proprietary and expensive or unavailable in cylinder choke. Check with Carlson, this may have changed since I last looked. The Maverick 12ga. is fixed choke cylinder over cylinder ( mine measures .725 that's skeet to me) and comes with bases for optics, a plus. Mine (new) came with rusted chambers and barrels. The Maverick also has an odd and unnecessary safety that prevents the shotgun from firing if the muzzle is pointed down. This could be very unhandy (see my avatar) This is my picks for shotguns and only my opinion. For slugs, the rifled Ultimate Slugger or maybe the new Henry 12ga. rifled slugger. For buckshot, any of the heavy duty shotguns with screw in chokes and for shot I like the old Beretta 391 Urika auto loader for the price and would love to own any of the Browning or Beretta OUs Gp

Banned
    Good morning Gpidaho, I'm aware of that safety feature on that gun:

I'm sure you can dis-connect that feature. I don't have that gun but find the shape very attractive.
    I'm looking for 26 inch heavier rifled barrels in SS in 20 and 12 ga combo version.
    Mossberg is known to use thicker barrels can you please measure the OD at muzzle.
    How smart of Mossberg using the .725 that's skeet choke for slugs.
    Presently only Mossberg International™ Silver Reserve™ II Over/Under is available in 12 / 20 combo
    26 inch barrels but no rifled barrels and not in SS version. If nothing else I'll end up getting longer Rifled chokes for them so as not to let the sabot skid right through it, will need at least 7 to 8 inch deeper rifled choke for what I want.

Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-30-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Good morning Ajay. The Maverick measures .068 at the muzzle. This according to a Mitutoyo ball micrometer. Enjoy the day. Gp

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Newton was known to say " Give me a place to stand and I can move the World "

**--** Here is the deal, some of you still value my opinions and want me to continue writing and sharing my views !

1. I will need a totally separate platform for my
    " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "

2. I'll clean up all the BS on my " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "
    For starters I want full control of my post and views, I'm a writer and you cant dictate a writer what and how to think.
    Like in the past I shared my Share market information as to what shares pay you to keep them in your port folio.

3. In the past I use to suggest what Perfumes and colognes are good for gifts for your wife or spouse.
    What do you expect from a Former Estee Lauder Quality Control Manager " Ajay "

**--** Being a Sagittarius, I hold everyone to a much higher standards.
    Without images your post are useless, go through the first page and you will see " Bogus Posts " started without giving any clue as to what they are trying to say, then some of you greedy for your name jumped-in and add more gasoline to further Muddy the Waters, that don't help !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Hello Gpidaho, it can't be .68 " OD at muzzle, may be .880 by any chance.
    Ajay K. Madan
    .068 is the barrel thickness at the muzzle AJay this measured with a ball mic. the total outside of the barrel is .859 measured with calipers. Gp

Banned
    Great Gpidaho, thanks for the information.
    Just saw this U tube video in 12 ga Lee Drive Key slug in wad 7 / 8 oz using 34 gr Herco powder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXA1...annel=SirSloop
    Not bad and worth watching with a bit of a drag.
    The LEE 1 oz slugs do not fly properly because their center of gravity is too far back, but the 7/8 oz slug flies perfectly.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Some great people will never be forgotten to name a few, like:
    Here is a great treat from Wileyhunter for Lyman 525 Slug in wad loaders:
    All of my 12 gauge loads, are loaded in new Fiocchi primed hulls, with the hard cast Lyman sabot slug. The Federal 12C1 wad is used in
    all of them as well, and they are all roll crimped.

2 3/4 inch hulls, 45 grns Blue Dot 1500fps

3 inch hulls, 50 grns Blue Dot 1700fps

3 1/2 hulls, 55 grns Blue Dot 1850fps
    with a Ballistic Products BPGS gas seal under the wad

All these loads shot out of a clean and dry barrel, have shot great groups out of every gun I ran them through, providing you have a crisp trigger, and don't flinch.

Disclaimer: Lyman did not publish a load using the 12C1 wad. That I worked up, trying to come out with an accuate load. Lyman also never published
    a 3 1/2 load. I worked that one up myself as well. Load at your own risk. I added this not because I feel these loads are dangerous, but because I have
    no idea of the condition, of the gun you are going to shoot them out of.

If the disclaimer scares you .... You better stop shooting factory loads as well. Every reloading manual, and every box of shells you buy, has a disclaimer written in, or on it somewhere.

I have been using these loads for over 10 years now with no problems. Once again, clean dry barrels, crisp clean trigger, a small target, and no
    flinching, will give you a great group, with these loads.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    My dear friend Pete Phessler: Typically in my Mossberg the 50gn load leaves powder flakes in the hull, barrel, and on the bench when you eject the spent round.
    I am using new Fiocchi hulls, the 616 primer they come with seems ok, but I agree the Fed 209A is probably warmer, and more consistent.
    What I did notice on the 50gn loads, was where the ejector slot is in the barrel, the brass, although high, had expanded to fill the slot, never saw that
    before so I am sure pressures are up there, or the hull brass lacks integrity. I found this today, while cleaning out my bags from yesterday. That was about 12 ga Lyman 525 slug in wad load.
    Yet another great guy we all admired, Turbo 1889: For 12ga. slug load development I usually start with Blue Dot and work the load up till I get sticky extraction then switch to an
    equal grain charge of Steel powder and fiddle with the load some more to get it where I want it.
    I can vouch for, Steel, that it works correctly down to about -20 F. Yah, I know, I'm nuts to be out on the range in such weather; but I always seem to
    have the range completely to myself on days like that.
    This is from another forum.
    Tri-Ball Revisited by Sir James, was always very transparent and shared his loads openly:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Ball-Revisited!
    Have fun reading it.
    Will always be remembered in our hearts.
    Lets not forget my " Big Brother Ed "
    The Musketeers, we all loved him, some daring ones tried his heavy loads and saw " Stars " in the day time and did not know what hit them !
    Ed, is still a great guy and always willing to share his " From Hell Loads "

Little did I know my loads got " Hotter " just by being friends with him.
    Happy New Year Ed.
    My very best advise to you serious loaders is to use newer Fiocchi hull with Fed 209A primers before you even start developing your ideal load on the range.
    When all you need is one good accurate deadly hunting load.
    This way you will be off to a good start !
    My Ballistic Research was not meant for me as I was doing it all to come back with this inportant vital information by using 14 different powders to help you all who visit my post from all over the world, yet I don't even know you personally.
    Anytime after firing your load if your primer looks like the first two on the left with crater marks, its time to look up and say " Thank you God " you just crossed the safety line.
    Stop and check your load data for safety.
    The third from left with Flattened Primer is a clear sign of " Very High Pressure " and we need to back down a grain or two from your load, those pressure signs are right there only if we follow the very strict guidelines and pay attention !

Loading RB or slug is really like making a good sandwitch, how and what all you put in there.
    Your weakest link is your strongest.
    If we use soggy components, the sandwitch falls apart.
    Pack your components in a way that they protect each other and hold on.
    Here is an example:

In the mean time I'm catching up on my range tests from the past and putting them all together and color coding my loads for your safety, I choose to use pictures so you don't make any mistakes trying the loads that I mention.
    Be on the look out for more " Gold, 24 Ct "
    Have fun trying them when cooking your own loads.

Disclaimer : Since we have no control over assembly, arm it is to be fired in or how the resulting ammunition may be used.

Therefore, no responsibility, either implied or expressed, is assumed for the use of loading data.

The user assumes full responsibility none what so ever.

Do so at your own risk and that too in a Modern Rifled Barrel.

Check your Bank account for $600 is waiting for you and a few $ more in your SS check.
    I was getting very bored and just started a newer project for our 12 gauge lovers on my Face Book Super Blazing page
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots
    Its a RSS-12 Rigid Structure Sabot Project, any of you getting bored and want to join, feel free to come aboard.
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:59 AM.

Ajay: I for one, have had excellent results with the Lee 7/8oz. slugs. I should revisit them. Most of my shotgun shooting lately has been .735 round ball powder coated to around .737-.738 or my favorite the Svarog Paradox with the attached tail wad also powder coated. Gp

For any of you out there powder coating round ball or buckshot, take a look on Amazon for the Palksky 221 cavity small round silicone mold. A very handy silicone baking sheet for round ball. Gp

Banned
    Learn to read pressure signs for safety, your safety is important !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Looking for thoughts on my load failure diagnostics. Here's a load I tried yesterday with very poor results. This fired from the heavy rifled barrel of my NEF slugger. I cast some soft lead .678 round balls from a new mould. Going through my accumulation of wads I found a couple of wads that had petals that allowed the combination to be pressed through a cylinder choke with just a little pressure. One was a downrange clone of the Federal 12S3 the other a Western WT12 a WAA12 replacement. Here's the load and what happened. Once fired Rio hull primed with Rio primer, 20gr. Red Dot, WT12 wad with 1/4" 20ga. fiber wad under .680 Round ball and a 6pt. fold crimp. I recovered 5 of the six wads from shots fired (very poor accuracy) and four had a major blow out of the gas seal and all had at least one petal missing. My thought is that the wad choice (WT12) is the likely cause of the failure even though WAA12 and WT12 have loads listed for strait wall hulls in my Lyman manuals. It's a wad usually used in the old WAA12 tapered hull. Red Dot of up to 22gr. is listed in my BPI Rio manual for 1 1/8oz loads and recoil was mild so I don't know if it just peaked pressure too fast. Your thoughts please. Gp
    Last edited by gpidaho; 01-08-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I'd suggest at least one 16 gauge nitro card wad in the bottom of the shotcup. Depending on load and cushion leg the gas seal may be ramming up and hitting a "not flat" bottom of shotcup due to things trying to wrap around the ball. I found Winchester AA Red wads to be particularly subject to gas seal failure under round balls.

Also, limited as my experience is in this regard, I tried fiber wads under 0.735" RB's and got very poor accuracy. Using all hard card wads solved it. Not sure if the fiber wads compressed unevenly or what happened especially with a bore diameter ball but that is what I found. Since you are using a sub bore ball in wad this will be different but you might try replacing fiber with at least one nitro card wad and a hard card wad or whatever is required to get the ball to crimp height. I usually also use a small scoop of COW under the ball to fill the empty space up to the equator. I have found that to improve accuracy in my smoothbores.

FWIW

Longbow

Boolit Master

In my experience, the Federal 12S3 has been a much better performer than any of the WW wads when loading round balls. The plastic in the 12S3's seems to be thicker and tougher than that used in the WW wads. As Longbow pointed out, using a 16 ga. nitro card is a big help on the road to accuracy. Randy Buchannon uses a felt wad in a WW AA12 wad with great results, it never worked for me but it does for him. Different guns.....
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Thank you for the replies. I'll load a few more of the .678s in the 12S3 federals and use a medium burn powder and see how that works. The 20ga. BPI fiber wad I used in the load mentioned above was a hard card not the softer fiber wad but not as dense as a Nitro (one of those you can break in half with a finger nail) Two .125 16ga Nitro cards look to be what I need for crimp height. I'll let you guys know if it works better. Thanks again. Gp

Banned
    This is not a Fair and Balanced Forum, full of mean jealous shooters thinking just because they own guns are next to God.
    I shared my life long experiances and others Snitch were jealous and got me Banned.

The truth comes out sooner or later, you can't hide your mean behaviour.
    I even hated their post rating system and had asked it be changed, no they could not understand it.

I say Fairwell and Bye.

Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Well, this is about the worst news I've seen posted on this forum. NO ONE has been more helpful to my shotgunning efforts than Ajay Gp

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Well, this is about the worst news I've seen posted on this forum. NO ONE has been more helpful to my shotgunning efforts than Ajay Gp
    I'm sure this will be echoed many times!!

Banned
    This forum is mysteriously good in only banning good people, who knows.
    They banned me.
    There is a Snitch among friends here, who also had complained and asked a post to be removed just 3 weeks back.
    I'm mad that you harbor Sneach and not ban them on your own.
    Go ahead ban me, I have had it.

Bye for now.

Regards to my friends and a finger for the Snitch !
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Banned
    Greetings to all my friends who have been visiting me from all over, I do appreciate it and am thankful for your loyality towards me.
    The numbers don't lie, and every three days 1000 clicks.
    Its time to move-on where no one can dare to threaten me to block me so lets move on to my home here
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots
    **--** Visit me here and I'll help you with open arms, lets not keep clicking this post, no more ! !
    Be n the look out for more surprises.
    I'm deeply involved in to " High Power Nitro Express Loads " we are by no means Shotshell loading group.

The evil snitches win again like the last time I was banned in stead of the snitches, I can think of at least two or three right here ! !
    Don't want No part of them !

Warmest regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 01-23-2021 at 10:03 AM.