WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Wow! Someone (Longbow) who doesn't want another gun.

Boolit Master

Twelve versus twenty - the classic argument! IMO, with today's ammunition, I would go 20 ga. with a caveat. If large buckshot (larger than #4) and waterfowl hunting is in the mix, the 12 is the way to go. Yes, you can hunt waterfowl with a 20 and be successful, but the 12 is a better choice. And, yes, you can slay deer all day long with a 20, you don't need a canon to kill a deer. Just my opinion..........
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Banned
    Greetings Longbow, you have always been very helpful, fair and balanced.

To me 8 ga, 10 ga, and 12 ga are truely great shotguns and good for you being a
    smoothbore guy so there the 12 ga. is better with birdshot, buckshot or say
    Tri-Ball.

As we get older we need a Nitro Express 20 ga, more a cross over between
    a shotgun and a rifle with less recoil yet still a killing machine !

A 20 ga still will accomodate you with birdshot, buckshot or say Tri-Ball.

Years back the gun manufacturers tried their level best to promote the 16 ga
    but failed yet the 20 ga kept shining with its merits and pretty soon the 28 ga
    will catch up as times are changing, money is harder to come-by.

I personally would not feel undergunned with my 20 ga Nitro Express with
    the rifled barrel but certainly feel undergunned facing dangerour game with
    buck shots in 20 ga, that is where the 12 ga will shine for years to come !

The .575 RB loading for 20 ga turned out to be so much fun for kids, spouses
    and yet deadly.

See how nicely Megasupermagnum put it: 12 ga It's hard to shoot accurately
    with a gun that recoils worse than most African dangerous game rifles.
    A 20 gauge you can get to the high velocities without outrageous recoil.

Longbow, Dont deprive yourself of all the fun you have missed so far by not having a
    20 ga High Power Nitro Express !

If you do go for one, don't do it half heartedly, go all out and start with .575RB 285 gr in T. Commander wad:
    Get this Mossberg in combo 12 and 20 ga for $700 plus from Sportsman

Or this Mossberg Maverick Hunter for $400 to $450 put a nice 3 to 9X Nikon BDC scope and extended rifled barrel chokes mentioned below !

Now we know why it would not shoot facing the muzzle downwards.

Want more power with heavier load:

Convert your scatter shotgun in to a rifled barrel with Hastings Extended Rifled Choke Tubes - 12ga https://www.hastingsdistribution.com...duct_list&c=30

Be sure to have a pot full of Coffee and start reading:
    Shotgun Showdown: 12 Gauge vs. 20 Gauge vs. 28 Gauge
    Can a 20- or even a 28-gauge shotgun outperform a 12? Our answer may surprise you.
    https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/gu...auge-28-gauge/

The Wonderful 20-Gauge
    Think of it as a 12-gauge without the weight.
    https://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...rful-20-gauge/

THE FORGOTTEN GUN
    NEVER HUNTED WITH A 20-GAUGE? HERE'S WHAT YOU'RE MISSING
    https://www.outdoorcanada.ca/3-reaso...round-shotgun/

Twenty-Gauge Super Slugs
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...e-super-slugs/

20 GAUGE SHOTGUN SLUGS TAKE OUT DEER AT 300 YARDS
    Think a 20 gauge shotgun slug lacks power?
    https://www.wideopenspaces.com/20-ga...-at-300-yards/

What good is any vaccine that is not time tested for 25 to 30 years and then
    proven to be safe?
    Even the Flu vaccine is not quite ready, I get sick after taking it every year.
    No more Flue vaccine for me or my family, its a money making medical scam and we are the victims !

Boil 12 oz water then add 1/2 Lemon juice, 1/2 Lime juice, 1/2 spoon
    Turmuric powder, 1/6 spoon Black Pepper which is known to enhance the
    goodness of Turmuric ten fold, 1/2 spoon MDH Jal Jeera Masala
    for taste, 1/6 spoon Black salt for taste, 2 spoons plain Apple Cider vinegar.

After one week or 10 days increase your Turmuric powder quantity to 1 spoon

Get it all ready now on a empty stomach eat one clove garlic and take the
    drink as garlic can be sharp at times.

Eat a boiled egg daily and take Emergen-C 1000mg Vitamin C from Walmart for $9 plus change for a 30 pack , one pack daily.

Stay safe and all the best.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-04-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

It's not that I don't want another gun, its that I don't really want another caliber/gauge to collect components for and to load for.

I'll agree with msm and other comments that a 12 ga. loaded to the gills is a bit much to handle and not necessary for many applications but... as I said, for a handloader with rifled gun you can download 12 ga. or you can use sub caliber sabot slugs equivalent to 20 ga. ~ for example:

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/IT...ctinfo/TX50BS/
    https://www.ballisticproducts.com/LB...ctinfo/SSPP05/
    https://www.ballisticproducts.com/RS...ctinfo/322RSS/

or even

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Gr...tinfo/7000005/

All in the same weight range as 20 ga. full bore slugs but a .50 bal. boolit in 12 ga. will have a better ballistic coefficient than a full bore 20 ga. slug and same as a .50 cal. boolit of same weight in a 20 ga.

That's where I question why 20 ga. is "better" than 12 ga.

Like I said, not arguing, just weighing info.

My next likely purchase will be a 12 ga. rifled barrel for the Mossberg Slugster. My preference would be 24" with rifle sights but they seem to be scarce so most likely the rifled barrel with cantilever scope mount.

I would like a single shot like the H&R USH which I wish I had bought many years ago. Henry has a single shot out now but fairly pricey. If I were to go that route I would likely go with 12 ga. again, just because I can handload wild or mild and I have all 12 ga. components now.

I did have two 20 ga.'s many years ago ~ a Remington Wingmaster and a Savage model 24 O/U 20 ga./.30-30 I had rechambered to .30-30 improved. I sold both in favour of 12 ga. mostly due to larger buckshot capability.

If I was starting over I might look at a bolt action 20 ga. for slug only shooting. There is something that rings well in ".62 cal. nitro express".

Anyway, just some discussion, thoughts and opinions.

Everyone stay safe and COVID free!

Longbow

Banned
    Greetings, Hornandy slugs and psi warnings, noticed on the packaging that there was a warning about not using the ammo in a shotgun that wasn't rated for Proof 1370 bar and Max ...
    Based on that only the H & R Ultra Slug Hunter with bull barrel Ok to shoot Hornady and that warning covers Hornady just in case some one gets hurt for they warned us. My TC Pro Hunter with 26 inch SS barrels too are thicker , more like bull barrels but not quite should be good enough for Hornady.

"For a 12 gauge weapon proofed by 1370 bar MAX 1050 bar".
    I have seen charts that show typical 12 ga barrel service pressures are at 11,500 psi.
    But 1370 bar = 19870 psi and 1050 bar = 15229 psi,
    Its a race with the devil trying to sell us their own product knowing it is very dangerous, while keeping our life in danger !
    They have the nerve and money to hire the best lawyer to cover up.
    The innocent shooter will be hard pressed to even find the warnings on the box located in some hidden corner ! !
    Don't forget the manufacturers don't have to adhere to hard and fast rules, I feel all shotguns should be proof tested for at least 30.000 psi
    for safety ( No more paper thin barrels )
    Boycott Expander sabots for they played a dirty trick on us !
    Any Sabot that causes those Crater marks should not be even fired for safety reasons.

They custom make their components with tight fit for load efficiency, we are forced to use components that are just made for low pressure shot shells.

We face blow-by gases due to mis matching compoents

They only need one well made load to Impress and sell like a Sabot with 260 gr bullet at 2000 fps.
    I had to re-enforce our shotshell substandard components to strengthen them

I had to re-design all vital components for our High Pressure Nitro Express loads

We could have easily out do the three major manufacturers with 2000 fps with 300gr bullet where as they use lighter bullet without crater marks as you can see on the picture above, you know why for Ours is a labor of love, they only want to Impress and make money from us.

We the home loaders face tough challenges with mis matching substandard components that are not made for our
    High Pressure Nitro Express loads

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-17-2020 at 10:38 AM. Reason: To make the post more better with more information in stead of starting another post.

Banned
    Sabot slug cut out pictures:
    There are times I just let the pictures do the talking for me, they sure do a pretty nice job !

Continued:
    Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Banned
    Continued:

One could get thicker barrels mounted on your existing gun from TarHunt at a hefty price tag.

I would have been very happy had Savage offered us a thicker barrel option for yet another $100 to 125 more in SS version.
    My TC Pro Hunter with 12 and 20 gauge heavy 28 inch SS rifled barrel for they truely are my replacement for H & H Ulta slug hunter single shots.
    My TC Pro Hunter 12 gauge SS barrel measuring 1 inch at muzzle.
    My TC Pro Hunter 20 gauge SS barrel measuring .880 inch at muzzle
    No wonder, I did not feel the need for a H & R Ultra Slug Hunter, secondly I wanted longer SS barrels !

The secret to cooking your own is in how you go about clacing your components one after the other:

I wish you knew what you are missing, the possibilities are endless.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-11-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Banned
    Hit a dead end after posting 10 pictures.
    I would say add yet another .135" or better yet Darker .170 nitro card right after the OP wad like shown in the picture below.

Don't be afraid to take chances, I always order extra pins with each mold.

In some cases the extra pins are onlt $1.50

The ideal High Power Load set up would be like this to help support our load every way possiable to give it a stronger base at launch !

That wasfor .575 RB load of 285 gr RB
    Now this is for Heavy High Powe loads a 450 gr bullet.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

DISCLAIMER
    The ballistic data presented in the tables were compiled under controlled conditions
    using specific weapons and components. Performance achieved under different
    conditions may therefore not be the same. For this reason and to ensure safe operation,
    it is recommended to commence loading at the recommended start load and approach
    maximum loads with caution. Super Blazing Sabots does not accept any
    liability, either expressed or implied, for damage or injury arising from or alleged to have arisen from the
    use of this information.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Banned
    Greetings, still wondering why the 12 gauge is far better than the 20 ga High Power Nitro Express, read this.
    Be sure to have some coffee and donuts to sweeten yourself after you get to feel sorry !
    https://www.chuckhawks.com/savage_212_slug_gun.htm

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:52 AM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Newton was known to say " Give me a place to stand and I can move the World "

**--** Here is the deal, some of you still value my opinions and want me to continue writing and sharing my views !

1. I will need a totally separate platform for my
    " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "

2. I'll clean up all the BS on my " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "
    For starters I want full control of my post and views, I'm a writer and you cant dictate a writer what and how to think.
    Like in the past I shared my Share market information as to what shares pay you to keep them in your port folio.

3. In the past I use to suggest what Perfumes and colognes are good for gifts for your wife or spouse.
    What do you expect from a Former Estee Lauder Quality Control Manager " Ajay "

**--** Being a Sagittarius, I hold everyone to a much higher standards.
    Without images your post are useless, go through the first page and you will see " Bogus Posts " started without giving any clue as to what they are trying to say, then some of you greedy for your name jumped-in and add more gasoline to further Muddy the Waters, that don't help !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Are you using published data for your loads or making your own? I’d like to try that .575 bullet/wad sabot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Good morning DKG, all our tests were from scratch, most people load for themselves whereas we researched and tested to come back and share with our friends.
    There is nothing like the .575 RB loads, sheer fun to shoot, yet deadly/
    Do yourself a favor and order Lee Mold for .575 RB from MidSouth. Let the fun begin.
    I could not find anything that came close to it in 12 gauge.
    Order .135 nitro cards from Circle Fly for half the cost and double the quantity.
    Order 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch Fiocchi hulls from BPI on Sale only.
    Order Trap Commander wads in 20 gauge from BPI
    Order the Red OP wads from BPI
    Be sure that you have a modern rifled barrel.

Here are the powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga .575 RB of 285 gr Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. Longshot
    B. 4756
    C. Universal
    D. Blue Dot
    E. Herco
    F. HS 6
    G. WSF
    H. 7625
    I. Bullseye
    J. Unique
    Alliant Steel was good for hunting but did not shine as the 4756 or Longshot due to RB being only 285 gr.
    Powder burn rate:

Now check out the other Heavy Lee bullet of 450 gr of .575" diameter

The one in the middle is LEE MOULD 58cal 440gr REAL DBL CAVITY Item #: LEE90404 we shot at at 2020 fps with 4759 powder in CSD wad as one piece Sabot. The bullet weight 440 gr and two .135-28 gauge nitro card in wad below the bullet

**--** Can you imagine these Super Heavy Nitro Express Loads travelling from 1400 fps to 1800 Plus fps from a 22 inch barrel when all Ammo makers check their velocities from a 30 inch barrel ! !
    Be sure to have an Slip on Recoil pad on your gun, too.
    Here are some not so hard kicking loads:

These components are only made for shot shell, therefore not good enough for our Heavier loads, so we need to re-enforce them every which way to help them survive at launch !

Fold crimp is the way to go for all my loads.
    When load developing always use Magnum primers to start with, with lower powder charges as some powders burn very dirty and need help !

Look up my post #849 and make your depth gauge to help out.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Sabot!/page43
    Please check my post #865 above to learn to read primer pressure signs for your own safety.

Yet another Tool that comes in very handy while experimenting:

Just hit a dead end to this post.
    Continued:
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Banned
    We also are very lucky and should be greatful to Lee Precision for offering us much cheaper altanatives as opposed to very expensive Lyman molds. Day and night difference at 1/5 th cost.
    Bravo to Lee Precision.

Have fun while you are at it.

Regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Good morning DKG, all our tests were from scratch, most people load for themselves whereas we researched and tested to come back and share with our friends.
    There is nothing like the .575 RB loads, sheer fun to shoot, yet deadly/
    Do yourself a favor and order Lee Mold for .575 RB from MidSouth. Let the fun begin.
    I could not find anything that came close to it in 12 gauge.
    Order .125 nitro cards from Circle Fly for half the cost and double the quantity.
    Order 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch Fiocchi hulls from BPI on Sale only.
    Order Trap Commander wads in 20 gauge from BPI
    Order the Red OP wads from BPI
    Be sure that you have a modern rifled barrel.

Here are the powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga .575 RB of 285 gr Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. Longshot
    B. 4756
    C. Universal
    D. Blue Dot
    E. Herco
    F. HS 6
    G. WSF
    H. 7625
    I. Bullseye
    J. Unique
    Alliant Steel was good for hunting but did not shine as the 4756 or Longshot due to RB being only 285 gr.
    Powder burn rate:

Now check out the other Heavy Lee bullet of 450 gr of .575" diameter

The one in the middle is LEE MOULD 58cal 440gr REAL DBL CAVITY Item #: LEE90404 we shot at at 2020 fps with 4759 powder in CSD wad as one piece Sabot. The bullet weight 440 gr and two .125-28 gauge nitro card in wad below the bullet

**--** Can you imagine these Super Heavy Nitro Express Loads travelling from 1400 fps to 1800 Plus fps from a 22 inch barrel when all Ammo makers check their velocities from a 30 inch barrel ! !
    Be sure to have an Slip on Recoil pad on your gun, too.
    Here are some not so hard kicking loads:

These components are only made for shot shell, therefore not good enough for our Heavier loads, so we need to re-enforce them every which way to help them survive at launch !

Fold crimp is the way to go for all my loads.
    When load developing always use Magnum primers to start with, with lower powder charges as somepowders burn very dirty and need help !

Look up my post #849 and make your depth gauge to help out.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Sabot!/page43
    Please check my post #865 above to learn to read primer pressure signs for your own safety.

Yet another Tool that comes in very handy while experimenting:

Just hit a dead end to this post.
    Continued:
    Thank you for the info. I was under the impression that a round ball or slug load could be made using shot data as long as it (the ball/slug/bullet) is equal to or less than the weight of the shot that the data calls for and was just going to use that thought process to do mine.

Banned
    Hello DKG, yes, you could base your very starting round ball or slug load using shot data as long as it (the ball/slug/bullet) is equal to or less than the weight of the shot that the data calls for.
    My research and development was to push the loading envelope as safely as I could from a modernday rifled barrel.

Watch and learn to read the pressure signs from the pictures above and when developing your loads use newer Fiocchi hulls and watch for those signs.

I usually hit the dead end to my post when I post 10 images, I happen to do most of my talking with images to hold your attention to details !
    We indeed are playing with fire and no room for errors here or imagination.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Banned
    Schrifle – 20ga Slug Round for Rifled Barrels.
    20 gauge slug load called Schrifle. So basically it is a non-sabot projectile loaded into a 20 gauge plastic hull with the bullet sticking out of the hull (just like rifle cartridges are loaded). Obviously, these rounds are intended to be shot from a rifled 20 gauge barrels.

The projectile itself is a hollow point lead-free slug called Raptor. The manufacturer has been experimenting with different weights, but right now only 239 grain projectiles are available with a muzzle velocity of 2150 fps. Don't forget those are from a 30inch barrel, deduct 25 fps per inch for a shorter barrel, go ahead and figure out your velocity.
    The pack of ten rounds has a price of $45.

The company does not recommend using guns with pre-2000 made barrels, which can be less accurate than the newer ones. The reason is that 20ga rifled barrels were not SAAMI standardized before 2000, so there is a chance to run into barrels with different twist rates. After 2000, most 20ga rifled barrels are made according to SAAMI specs, which set the 1 in 24″ twist rate. The Schrifle rounds are designed for that twist rate, thus will better perform in post-2000 barrels. Some older guns also have bigger bores to shoot conventional rifled/Foster slugs, which also won’t work properly with Schrifle rounds.

Current Guns with proper twist rate are:

The TarHunt 20ga Mountaineer, Current production Rem 11- 87, Rem 870 20ga , Savage 220 bolt action, Ithaca 20ga DeerSlayer II & III, T/C Encore-20ga barrel, Winchester 20ga SX-3, Browning 20ga Silver- Model. All 20ga Hasting replacement barrels are listed as a 1-24 twist? It your not sure about your barrels twist rate, have a gunsmith check the rate of twist for you.

"NOTE: The introductory round (a 239gr) was not quite stable at longer distances. The current slug was updated to a 260gr configuration. The 260gr slug weight will be stable when fired thru a 1-23 or 1-24 twist rate at the longer distances. The 1-24 is now the SAMMI standardized twist rate for all 20ga rifled barrels made after the year 2000."

20ga. Schrifle 2.1"series: A 365gr Copper (a green) slug. “The first, rifle like ammo for use in a 20ga rifled bore. rifled barrel with either a ...
    $50.00*·
    10 Round Box. Current loading: 260gr Raptor Hollow Point, NON-Sabot, 2075fps. Recommended for barrels with a 1-23 or 1-24 twist rates.

We did so much testing and every thing is in the photo albums and notes, its now that I'm finally putting it together with all the time we have now.
    I have been checking those figures against my tests that I did in 2013 and 2014, sure makes me " Smile "
    With a strong your support from you all, it was great and God gave us a lending hand we surpassed those figures with a 22 inch barrel.

Even tho I'm retired and trying to lead a peaceful retirement, oozing to jump back and start all over again where I left off, just a thought and will need a lot of money to jump back-in !

Would I ever fire a full bore brass bullet from my High Power Nitro Express, No way for I would not even touch it with a 10 feet pole !
    Thats just me, very touchy about my guns. You make your own choice its your gun and your money.

You can shoot the same bullet in a 12 gauge with the cut our sleeve on bullet, look carefully.

Your choices are endless:

The more you do the better you get

I am not telling you anything,

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-22-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Newton was known to say " Give me a place to stand and I can move the World "

**--** Here is the deal, some of you still value my opinions and want me to continue writing and sharing my views !

1. I will need a totally separate platform for my
    " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "

2. I'll clean up all the BS on my " 2021 Super High Power Nitro Express Loads "
    For starters I want full control of my post and views, I'm a writer and you cant dictate a writer what and how to think.
    Like in the past I shared my Share market information as to what shares pay you to keep them in your port folio.

3. In the past I use to suggest what Perfumes and colognes are good for gifts for your wife or spouse.
    What do you expect from a Former Estee Lauder Quality Control Manager " Ajay "

**--** Being a Sagittarius, I hold everyone to a much higher standards.
    Without images your post are useless, go through the first page and you will see " Bogus Posts " started without giving any clue as to what they are trying to say, then some of you greedy for your name jumped-in and add more gasoline to further Muddy the Waters, that don't help !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Banned
    Continued:
    The foam strip cames from my shirts that I buy to put a out ward pressure while polishing the forcing cone.

Here is the tapered reamer that I used:

This was done years back but if I was to do it again, I'll use the next bigger tapered reamer.

Here is the right OP wad for this adventure, third one from the left already ready to drill the center hole to attach.

Rmember you always complained you had no time, well China gave us all the time.
    Sure would love to attach that OP wad with nitro cards to the RB Spruce part and see how they work out.
    Creative minds at work, LongBow post your pictures along with the load you use.

Years back when we were doing our load development we had choosen some 14 powders and had gathered tons of data. Now finally I'm going through it and what is surprising is in 20 ga High Power Nitro loads most of the time all we used were 3 inch hull, that too at times we wished we had 3 1/4 inch hulls as the 3 inch were a very tight fit.
    **--** Another thing I noticed and wish they would make hull with a couple of thousands thicker wall so as they do not collapse while loading.
    *--* Years back I bought the Gaep roll crimper in 20 gauge for some $60 to 65 what a waste, it came without a drill press adapter, what a joke ! When I told that Italian guy you failed to send me the drill press adapter, he said he did not feel I needed it !
    That was the end of it !

The very best roll crimper for shot shell was made by Lyman for some $20 to 22.

We have two drill presses just assigned for Roll crimping and never used them at all.
    A lot of amazing things came out of those tests.

I try my best to communicate with images so as to avoid any mis-understandings, when doing the push through backwards to check for fiction fit for accuracy and safety of the shooter please do it " Without Any Nitro Card " and should be good 6 to 12 lbs.
    When loading with a nitro card in the wad below the RB or Slug will add a bit more fiction, that will further only help ! !

Pay attention to little details like:
    Re-enforce those sub standard Shot shell components made for shoot loads to sustain the much higher pressures of our Hi Power Nitro Express Loads.

**--** Knowing Pressure is our friend. Higher pressures lead to more consistent, cleaner burning loads.
    ** Roll crimping produces lower pressures due to less resistance from the roll crimp.
    I had very early on switched to fold crimp while developing our loads and to make it easier on my friends not having to go out and buy yet another tool
    ( Roll Crimper )

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-27-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Good stuff Ajay!

I should post my Lee slug mould modifications to add a post for screw-on attached wad to this thread... if you don't mind. it is easy to do and allows a Brenneke style screw on attached wad to easily be attached much like the modified Lyman Foster slug you show above. A 7/8 oz. slug becomes a 1 oz. slug and a 1 oz. slug becomes about 1 1/8 oz. with the modification.

All the best to you and yours... and everyone here for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Longbow

Banned
    Greetings to all my High Power Nitro Express friends, here is what I missed the oppertunity to grab:
    Lanbar over and under 20 ga with rifled barrels, 26 inch barrels was those days around $499 at Cheaper than Dirt.
    I was posting about that deal and by the time I woke up, they were gone ! !
    I wish this Mossberg had rifled barrels and 26 inch, sure makes my mouth water just looking at it.

Please make mine in SS, thicker barrels.
    In 1970 we use to use AL-7 powder and it was great but needed longer barrels.
    I still believe in longer barrels for 4759 and A. Steel powder.
    No wonder I bought my TC Encore Pro Hunter with 28 inch heavy SS barrels, I love it.

**--** Yet another secret that I don't get to repeat often.
    The Trap Commander wad has a 1/16 high ring at the bottom and in order to push home all the way we had to switch to .125 of 28 gauge and then use a sprocket of the right size to push it home to hit the bottom of the wad, If we need two .125 nitro cards then the second one would be .125 of 20 gauge. Always use sprocket of the right size to push !
    In 20 ga we used 3/8 sprocket with handle to push.
    It feels so great being creative with simple items, when they matter the most.

When we first decided to do those load testing it was mainly to turn around and help our fellow hunters not knowing what all powder you have or wads. So we decided on 14 popular brands of powders out of perhaps 40 to 50.
    We ordered most popular name brand wads in the hope they would hold up to our higher pressure loads.
    We needed to order every possiable OP name brand wad, then we needed a bunch of nitro wads, felt wads in different gauges.
    Some thng funny I refused to touch a cork wad, never liked them, never will.
    We ordered every possiable bullet mold that we could imagine in .44, .45, .48, .50, .510, .515, .533, .540, .575, .578, .600, .632, .662, .678, .705, .732 to name a few.

If I needed a good hunting load, all I needed was one good one.

**--** Certain powders out shined in certain weight of bullets and gauge.
    Since we did every thing from scratch we often started with Fed 209A magnum primer, not wanting un burned or half burned powder spitting out !
    **--**Each load test was in 1/2 gr increment and the same load even if I chanded the nitro card to felt wad made a big difference in velocity.

Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga Lee 255 gr bullet of .452 dia in our Super Blazing Sabots, Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. Longshot 2023 fps, 1937 fps with Fed 209A Primer 3 inch load
    B. Herco 2083 fps, 1864 fps with CCI 209M Primer 3 inch load
    C. IMR 4756 1926 fps,1910 fps, with Fed 209 Primer 3 inch load
    D. Universal 1883 fps,1841 with Fed 209 Primer 3 inch load
    E. A. Steel 1823 fps, 1814 fps with Fed 209A Primer 3 inch load
    F. Blue Dot 1640 fps, 1770 fps with CCI 209M Primer 3 inch load
    G. IMR4227 1700 fps, 1636 fps with Fed 209 Primer 3 inch load
    H. Win. 540 1630 fps, 1570 fps with Fed 209 Primer 3 inch load

**--** A Solid Sphere is one of the strongest 3 dimensional shape, and will crush the heaviest bones without deforming so easily!
    Shoot for the heavy bones in case of a round ball load, you do not get much blood trail with a RB because a RB has a tendency to
    tear rather than cut a clean round hole, remember that, Brother!

How could the RB cast from Lyman mold with that stupid spruce pertruding from it even fly true and it was I who payed 5 times more for that Lyman mold, the designer must have been drunk !
    The Lee Precision could make it right for 1/5 the cost.
    Makes me very mad.

20 Gauge Loads
    Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga .575 RB of 285 gr in Trap Commander wad, our Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. Longshot 1943 fps,
    B. 4756 1926 fps,
    C. Universal 1787 fps,1816 fps,
    D. Blue Dot 1692 fps, 1804 fps,
    E. Herco 1736 fps,1759 fps,
    F. HS 6 1692 fps, 1675 fps,
    G. WSF 1700 fps,1656 fps,1668 fps,
    H. 7625 1532 fps,1503 fps,1508 fps,
    I. Bullseye 1587 fps,1550 fps,1511 fps,
    J. Unique 1523 fps,1418 fps,
    K. A. Steel 1776 fps,1722,

Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga using XTP bullet of 300 gr of .452 dia. Super Blazing Sabots Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. Longshot 1932 fps,1966 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    B. A. Steel 1811 fps,1814 fps,1801 fps,1885 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    C. Herco 1885 fps, CCI209M primer 3 inch hull
    D. Blue Dot 1761 fps, CCI 209M rimer 3 inch hull
    E. Universal Primer flatt,1821 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    F. IMR4756 1888 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    G. HS-6
    H. WSF
    I. Unique
    J. 7625

Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga Lee 310 gr cast bullet of .452 dia. Super Blazing Sabots Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A.
    B.
    C.
    D.
    E.
    F.

Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga 340 gr of .452 dia. Super Blazing Sabots Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. Longshot 1768 fps, 1768 fps, 1736 fps, CCI 209M primer 3 inch hull
    A. IMR 4756 1809 fps, 1787 fps, 1777 fps, Fed 209A primer used here )CCI 209M primer 3 inch hull
    B. Blue Dot 1816 fps, 1796 fps, 1809 fps,1770 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    C. A. Steel 1724 fps,1696 fps, 1729 fps,1707 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    D. Herco caused a cut shell effect, 1694 fps, 1656 fps,1672 fps, Primer flattened Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    E. Universal 1574 fps,1756 fps,1788 fps, 1745 fps, 1707 fps, CCI 209M primer 3 inch hull
    F. WSF 1498 fps,1589 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull
    G. HS-6 1488 fps, 1452 fps, CCI 209M primer 3 inch hull
    H. Unique 1430 fps,1360 fps, 1344 fps, CCI 209M primer 3 inch hull
    I. Lilgun 1271 fps, 1222 fps,1121 fps, Fed 209A primer 3 inch hull

Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga 440gr Real of .578 dia. Trap Commander wad, Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. IMR 4759 that gave 2020 fps
    B.
    C.
    D.

Here are the top powders that did exceptionally well in our 20 ga 450 gr of .578 dia in T. Commander wad, Nitro Express Hunting loads:
    A. 4759 1921 fps,1799 fps, 1799 fps, 1768 fps. 1705 fps, 1724 fps, 1683 fps
    B. A. Steel 1629 fps,1635 fps, 1642 fps, 1577 fps, 1600 fps, 1577 fps, 1476 fps
    C. Lilgun 1223 fps, 1325 fps, 1021 fps, 1622 fps,
    D. Blue Dot 1650 fps,1629 fps, 1515 fps,1491 fps, 1337 fps, 1305 fps
    E. 4756 1587 fps, 1445 fps, 1418 fps, 1394 fps
    F. HS-6 1460 fps,1368 fps,1373 fps,1313 fps, 1340 fps, Fio 616 primer
    G. Longshot 1256 fps,1352 fps, 1256 fps
    H. 7625 1261 fps,

We had collected tons of data now I'm going through it.

Be on the look out for more, we only sell 24 ct Gold here and every post to its Max, till I can no longer post.
    We choose Quality over quantity of post number.

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 12-29-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast