Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Boolit Master

Ajay,
    Thank You for the info above, it's always a pleasure to hear from you!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Banned
    Greetings Centershot, I love your quote:
    We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come.
    Each day,
    each breath,
    each beat of your heart is a gift.

Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

Best regards,
    Ajay
    PS: I'm very grateful to you all for helping us reach 251,086 click count, the 251 is a lucky Indian number. Thank you for all your support and by taking your precious time to come and read ! !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 07-13-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    50 grains of blue dot!? Smacked indeed!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pashiner View Post
    50 grains of blue dot!? Smacked indeed!
    Greetings Pashiner, I come here to help my fellow High Power Nitro Express slug shooters and try to warn about higher power loads that Smack the shooter.

Do not make it a habit for your tooth fillings will start getting loose, as it is the Dentists are getting expensive ! !
    The 50 gr load of Blue Dot is a Hot load for 3 inch hull.

Its good you mentioned it and others will pay attention ! !

Best regards,
    Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Ajay: I don't think most people realize that Newton had a Law about this issue. " Opposite and Equal Reaction" and all that?

I find that launching any thing from a 7 lb gun that weighs over an ounce to be limited to about 1300 fps. That's more like a 24 gr of Unique type of load.

35 gr of Blue Dot would be bad enough but 50 gr is just plain silly. Plus that if you have shot more than one you know what's coming and are likely to miss what you're shooting at,,, so what's the point?

I always get a kick out of posts like this mostly about 500 + gr boolits in 7 lb Marlin Leverguns, and guys wanting to run them up to 1800-2000 fps so they can compete with .458 Win Mags. However the guns that are made in .458 Win Mag weigh 10-12 lb!!! The shotguns are more of the same.

Brenneke makes a slug called the "Magnum Crush" it is a 1.5 oz slug running at 1600 fps. It is supposed to be good for anything on this planet and probably many other planets as well. The TKO for that round is 110 ! Which places it about 1.5 times above the .458 Win Mag. I seriously doubt anyone has fired more than 1 of those on any given day.

I think my point here is that it is kind of pointless to load rounds like this as a box of 5 Magnum Crushes will cost you about $15 and probably outlast you and several of your friends as well. This was probably the load of choice for the guards at Jurassic Park, and if you noticed they all were carrying Shotguns. But that was a movie and there was no recoil to contend with.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    Ajay: I don't think most people realize that Newton had a Law about this issue. " Opposite and Equal Reaction" and all that?

I find that launching any thing from a 7 lb gun that weighs over an ounce to be limited to about 1300 fps. That's more like a 24 gr of Unique type of load.

35 gr of Blue Dot would be bad enough but 50 gr is just plain silly. Plus that if you have shot more than one you know what's coming and are likely to miss what you're shooting at,,, so what's the point?

I always get a kick out of posts like this mostly about 500 + gr boolits in 7 lb Marlin Leverguns, and guys wanting to run them up to 1800-2000 fps so they can compete with .458 Win Mags. However the guns that are made in .458 Win Mag weigh 10-12 lb!!! The shotguns are more of the same.

Brenneke makes a slug called the "Magnum Crush" it is a 1.5 oz slug running at 1600 fps. It is supposed to be good for anything on this planet and probably many other planets as well. The TKO for that round is 110 ! Which places it about 1.5 times above the .458 Win Mag. I seriously doubt anyone has fired more than 1 of those on any given day.

I think my point here is that it is kind of pointless to load rounds like this as a box of 5 Magnum Crushes will cost you about $15 and probably outlast you and several of your friends as well. This was probably the load of choice for the guards at Jurassic Park, and if you noticed they all were carrying Shotguns. But that was a movie and there was no recoil to contend with.

Randy
    I quite agree! When you start throwing lead around by the ounce you don't need a lot of velocity. I load 1.5 oz. of #4 shot over 32 grains of Blue Dot and that is plenty of recoil for me! My deer & black bear load is a 1 oz. .662" RB over 19 grains of Red Dot, that's running 1300 fps. Easy to shoot even out of my M500. Factory loads with a 1oz. slug run 1600 fps., too much for me!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post

Randy
    From what I remember they were using Winchester slugs in Jurassic Park. After Muldoon got eaten, Dr. Grant had 3 rounds failed to penetrate glass and kill the raptor before the SPAS 12 jammed, I'd say they would trade anything for a Mossberg with some Brenneke magnum crush slugs. I just saw that movie the other night

You are completely correct though. Some of these new 12 gauge 3 1/2" chamber guns are crazy. Some, like the Benelli SBE (1,2, and 3) are less than or just BARELY 7 pounds. Then you top that off with some of the insane loads they have come up with. Lots of the steel shot loads are 1 1/2 ounce at over 1500 fps, not far from the Brenneke magnum crush. Every body acts macho, but I really doubt there is a duck hunter out there who shoots a setup like that and doesn't flinch. I can't. The only saving grace is that with enough practice you can train poor habits such that you hardly notice. With slugs and bullets, there is no such thing. A flinch is a bad shot.

That's why I went to the 10 gauge years ago. I tried a few, but settled on the Ithaca Mag 10, an 11.5 pound semi auto. Even with loads that show a 12 gauge 3 1/2" who's boss do not hurt nearly as much. You can man up and carry a 12 pound gun. You can not man up and fight a flinch, it's in your head.

Here is Danny with Taufledermaus shooting a number of Brenneke magnum crush's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=CdKBOi0TCqY
    Surprise, surprise, he was flinching the whole time. Not a bad group at the end though.

Boolit Master

I settled on the 37 gr longshot load in Fed. hulls as my go-to loads up to 100 yds. for thr Lyman 525. Considerable but manageble recoil a few at the time and don't notice when shooting pigs or deer. Doesn't take but one shot, haven't retreived a slug from carcass yet in 10-12 kills, longest being 103 yds.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Use a ballastic calculator and see how much useable range increases as you increase the speed of a heavy slug past 1,300 fps. I think you will find a small increase in useable range is accompanied by a big increase in recoil.

BB

Banned
    We all have learned the Newton's Three Laws
    of Motion in school.
    http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~blackm...on3laws16.html

#1. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
    This we recognize as essentially Galileo's concept of inertia, and this is often termed simply the "Law of Inertia".

Newton's Second Law of Motion:
    #2. The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors (as indicated by their symbols being displayed in slant bold font); in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector.

Newton's Third Law of Motion:
    3. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

This is the most powerful of Newton's three Laws, because it allows quantitative calculations of dynamics: how do velocities change when forces are applied. Notice the fundamental difference between Newton's 2nd Law and the dynamics of Aristotle: according to Newton, a force causes only a change in velocity (an acceleration); it does not maintain the velocity as Aristotle held.

This is sometimes summarized by saying that under Newton, F = ma, but under Aristotle F = mv, where v is the velocity. Thus, according to Aristotle there is only a velocity if there is a force, but according to Newton an object with a certain velocity maintains that velocity unless a force acts on it to cause an acceleration (that is, a change in the velocity). As we have noted earlier in conjunction with the discussion of Galileo, Aristotle's view seems to be more in accord with common sense, but that is because of a failure to appreciate the role played by frictional forces. Once account is taken of all forces acting in a given situation it is the dynamics of Galileo and Newton, not of Aristotle, that are found to be in accord with the observations.

Newton was known to say " Give me a place to stand and I can move the World "
    A little refresher course will indeed help us all, including me ! !

Best regards,
    Ajay

Boolit Master

Hogtamer's 1st law of pig dynamics says load all 12 ga. slugs to about 1450 fps. +3" poi at 50 yds = poa at 100 yds. 2nd law is don't load anything over 1 1/4 oz at that speed to avoid Nikon eye, loose crowns and/or busted shoulder? 3rd law is that if you plan on dragging hogs out hunt with a young feller and let him kill one now and then.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Hogtamer's 1st law of pig dynamics says load all 12 ga. slugs to about 1450 fps. +3" poi at 50 yds = poa at 100 yds. 2nd law is don't load anything over 1 1/4 oz at that speed to avoid Nikon eye, loose crowns and/or busted shoulder? 3rd law is that if you plan on dragging hogs out hunt with a young feller and let him kill one now and then.
    Lol, made my day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    We love you, Hogtamer! LOL!

unknown

Very profound statement Mr Hogtamer!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    it's easy to get carried away with magnumitis. Moderate loads just plain shoot better. I'd bet money that a hardcast .690 round ball would shoot clean through any critter in the continental U.S at 1200 fps. Big hairy loads are great for hunting gits and shiggles though.

Banned
    Hello Pashiner, Indeed the RB will plow through like a bulldozer therefore its a good idea to aim for heavy bones when using RB loads. They tend to tear the skin and not cut a clean hole ! !

Ajay K. Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots

Boolit Grand Master

There's something I'd like to compare is a hardish RB at shotgun velocity to say a softish (hunting alloy) boolits shot from .45-70. Round balls have very poor sectional density but it seems 12 ga. size balls penetrate more than they should. Maybe it is just simply mass. A 1 oz. plus chunk of lead traveling at 1200 FPS is a lot of weight and a hardish RB doesn't need to expand to make a big hole.

It would take a lot of wet newspaper or phone books to do that comparison though!

Who's hunted and shot similar size gritters with 12 ga. RB's and .45-70 or similar with 400 gr. + boolits? That would tell the tale. I doubt the biggest deer would hold either. An elk might. I'm not that much of a hunter these days and I don't currently have a .45-70 so even wet newspaper is safe... for now.

Something to put on my "to do" list!

Longbow

Longbow. I've had a few health problems lately, nothing real serious but not feeling like going to the range in the heat. Fall seems to be setting in here in S.W. Idaho so I'll try to get a test going 45-70 vs. 12ga. I've got a couple 45-70s and just picked up a 45cal. mould that drops at about 515gr. should work in my single shot but I believe it too long for the Henry lever. Anyway, should be a good test against a round ball 12ga. load. I'll let you know. Gp

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast