MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Boolit Mold
    great

Banned
    Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I do like those pics Ajay! I got to order me some of those wads.

I haven't managed to get shooting again recently but will be shortly (after vacation). I have some CSD wads which are perfect fit with 0.662" RB's but I'd like to pick up some of the the wads you show with the 0.678" RB's and see how they do. The 0.678" RB is a tiny bit loose in the wads I have. It does okay to 50 yards but not as well and I know if can do with proper fit... a little thick wad petal is needed.

Longbow

Banned
    Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !

Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Boolit Master

Ajay, in your post above you say to load a round ball or slug so that it opens the crimp, not to let the petals open the crimp or petals may be sheared off. Do you advise trimming back the petals, maybe 1/8", to allow the slug to project? Once the wad is loaded the petals are at the edge of the crimp, if I use a card/filler to raise the ball the shell won't crimp properly (star crimp). What do you suggest?
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Adding more information to the existing post

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Boolit Master

If you ever write a book let me know so i can buy it.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Ajay:

I have to ask why you prefer the 20 ga. to 12 ga.

I am set up for 12 ga. and likely will not change. I have seen other posts on Shotgunworld and other sites where people prefer the 20 ga. as well and I am wondering why it is better.

Since the general sentiment is that "Bigger is better" when it comes to hunting then full bore 12 ga. is bigger. When it comes to sabot rounds a 12 ga. can be loaded with same diameter slugs as 20 ga. so should see same ballistics and possibly be capable of higher velocity at same pressure due to larger diameter sabot.

Not a criticism, just curious as to the preference and reasons. Different strokes for different folks.

Also, in my case being a stubborn smoothbore shooter 12 ga. is better for large buckshot. I like that versatility. For fully rifled guns that doesn't apply.

I am very much in agreement with your liking of double barrel guns though my preference is side by rather than over/under but both have the same benefit of being simple and 2 quick shots. I am wanting a good bear defense gun as black bears are becoming increasingly more common in my area and grizzly populations are increasing as well. Bear encounters are very common though for the most part black bears are pretty timid and run at the sight of a human.

If needed however, I am thinking a double barrel gun with Brenneke, heavy hard cast Foster slug or full bore round balls would be a good choice. If double barrel guns are good for dangerous game in Africa and India then I suspect they are good enough for me. If a bear charged I doubt a guy could get off more than 2 shots with a pump gun anyway. The double is 2 trigger pulls with no chance of failure to feed.

I see your Win AA Red's fail just like mine! Not sure of the reason but I gave up on them.

I'll say again that is very good to have you back. I always enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from them. Great pics and well presented.

Thanks.

Longbow

Boolit Master

I, too, am set up for 12 gauge, have been since the beginning ('60's....Eeek!). BUT, If I were starting out today, I'd go with a 20. With today's ammunition the 20 is a good hard-hitting round. And in a package that's 1 to 1-1/2 pounds lighter. The only thing the 12 has over the 20 is in the area of buckshot, I'll concede that point. But for most small game, waterfowl or deer/black bear hunting a 20 gauge will do you right!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

What I have been kinda thinking of is a Stoeger Premium coach gun which comes with screw in choke tubes, for that very reason... except I'd go 12 ga.

I have been looking at the Thunder Ranch over/under too. Both guns are quite affordable.

My one big fear is that with rifled choke tubes (if they performed well with slugs) that regulation would be a major issue. If so then the gun would remain a smoothbore shooting Brennekes, heavy Fosters or round balls for close range bear defense.

That is the benefit of a single barrel gun ~ as long as the slug stabilizes the gun should be reasonably accurate, where with double barrel that pesky regulation creeps in to complicate things.

Nothing is ever easy! But part of the fun is solving the problems we run into.

Longbow

Banned

Bye for now.

Boolit Grand Master

Ajay:

Yes, I've looked at that one too. I'd like shorter barrels which is one of the reasons I like the Stoeger Premium coach gun as it comes with screw in choke tubes and short barrels so the addition of rifled choke tubes is easy. For the Mossberg Silver Reserve I'd be wanting to shorten the barrels so would have to have them reamed and tapped for choke tubes after which is a bit pricey. The Silver Reserve looks like a nicer gun that the Thunder Ranch though but either way there is that extra cost to add in.

Got to see how the toy money holds out first!

Longbow

Banned

Bye for now.

Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast