Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Boolit Grand Master

Yes indeed, really great pics.

Those 0.678" RB wads look great with really good rifling impression. How was accuracy on those?

Man I wish I could get the selection of wads you guys get! I drool when I see all those pics! I missed that but you are back at it again so good stuff!

Longbow

Boolit Master
    good thread but all of the pict,s are all blocked.

Banned
    Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome back Ajay...

Good stuff as always.

Banned
    Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !

Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Banned

Bye for now.

Boolit Master
    SuperBlazingSabots
    "Here is the chart of powder to hull space it occupies to give you an idea which powder takes up more hull space:
    https://imgur.com/YLWx85Q "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much wad pressure is applied to each powder charge in the chart of powder to hull space?

Banned

Bye for now.

Good timing Ajay. I was just thinking of making something like this for my load workups.

Cheers,

KrakenFan #69

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by faustus View Post
    "Use only newer straight walled hulls like Fiocchi to start with knowing they will show pressure signs early-on for safety in development of newer loads."

I cam across this several times now. Does anybody know at around what pressure these hulls will start to show pressure signs?

Is it before or after 11500psi?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Greetings Faustus, Its right before 11500 psi and knowing the hulls weakness helps us gauge the pressure far better.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    While I won't argue with the logic of stopping when you get sticky extraction, I have read that pressures are already well over SAAMI specs by the time sticky extraction occurs. So, yes it is a pressure sign but I am not sure it is one I want to work up to intentionally.
    AJAY,

I too share the concerns noted by Longbow. Would you elaborate on any pressure test(s) and subsequent findings on which your answer was based?

RMc
    Last edited by RMc; 03-18-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Greetings, please get your pot full of coffee and have fun reading " The Best Slug Guns: OL Picks the 15 Best Shotguns for Deer Hunting " https://www.outdoorlife.com/…/best-s...#8230;/…

Just look at this baby for $478.48 Mossberg Maverick Thunder Ranch HS12 Over/Under Shotgun 12 Gauge 18.5" Barrel 3" Chamber 2 Rounds Synthetic Stock Matte Black Finish 75462 https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/…/mo...thunder…
    I personally would love this gun as my HD gun, even tho I wish it had 26 inch barrels to turn it into my smooth bore slug gun.
    I like my barrels longer ( 26 inch ) as I want maximum mileage from my loads and do not want powder spitting out of the muzzle unburned.

What a surprise a very Unique approach for $888 12 and 20 ga combo. Mossberg Silver Reserve II Field Over/Under Shotgun 12/20 Gauge 28"/26" Barrels 3" Chamber 2 Round Capacity Walnut Stock Silver Receiver with Scroll Engraving 75442 https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/…/mo...serve-i…

Best regards,
    Ajay Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    If you like that mossberg..be forewarned...if its pointing downward...it will not fire. Not good for self defense, especially if you have stairs in the home. There's a swinging pendulum inside the gun. Yep.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/R...are_/1-377183/

I ended up ordering a Charles Daly 204x (really a Chiappa). I liked this better since it had common remington screw in chokes, camo dipped, sling studs already installed, 24" barrel (close to your 26"), comes with 5 chokes...2 are XXF. It was a little more, but you get a little more too. My goal is a gun to carry around the farm, birdshot in a tight choke in one barrel, slug in another barrel, or a buckshot/slug combo if strictly hunting coyotes or pigs. I will be putting a low power scope to help out my eyesight some.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+204X+12+GAUGE

Hope this helps,
    Jeremy

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Can that pendulum be removed? (and the gun still function?) Seems like an odd thing to put in a gun. I want to be able to shoot in any position... you just never know then that zombie apocalypse may come... or a nasty short legged critter at close range.

Aaahhhh... shot in the foot. Darwin at work! When one tries to make things more idiot proof it seems a better idiot is developed.

to continue with needs for shooting with muzzle down... a bad guy who needs shooting in the foot.

Longbow

Boolit Bub
    Im sure it can be removed with some tinkering and driving out a pin. However, I think there's better options out there. Got the slug/shot combo gun last night. Put a scope and sling on it. Haven't had the chance to fire it. I also have a rifled choke that came in, but I have not had a chance to cast up some lyman 525's yet. I need to measure the bore first to see what I am working with too.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Greetings, to me this Maverick looks very good and so far I do not own it but you never know.

Jeremy your gun looks great with that scope, what does the barrel measure at the muzzle OD ?
    I for some reason like longer barrel of 25 to 26 inch to give my slower burning powder a chance to fully burn for the best milage.

I still feel its better to buy a 20 ga and call it a Nitro Express and load some of the beautiful loads out there that did so fine in our tests.

My opinions are my own, they carry no 'special' value (except to me of course)

Best regards,
    Ajay Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    The maverick is good if you do not require screw in chokes. They have a hunter model with longer barrel and screw in chokes, but you lose the picatinny scope mount. I will measure the barrel OD at the muzzle for you when I have a chance. I've never turned down an opinion....its always an opportunity to learn something.

Banned

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 01:13 PM.

I have never seen such a thing as that pendulum thingy. I wonder which lawyer Lobbied for it?

It probably can be removed and I would think that Mossberg would provide instructions on how to do it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast