RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

As to shot placement ~ my very, very, very most favorite shot (yah, I know not proper English) with a slug gun firing a hard deep penetrating cast boolit projectile (whether full bore or saboted) is to shoot on a trajectory line to blow through one or both ball joints of the front shoulder right at the ball joint and blow out the lungs in the process. Often unless its a perfect broadside shot you can only blow out one of the two shoulders plus the lungs, only on a perfect broadside do you get both front shoulders and the lungs. On a quartering away shot you shoot to enter into the lungs behind the facing shoulder on a line that will blow out the off-side front shoulder ball joint with the exit wound and on a quartering towards shot you blow out the facing shoulder ball joint and then blow through the lungs at exit behind the off-side front shoulder. If your shot drops up to six inches lower then you expect it too (always underestimate drop rather then overestimate with this kind of shot) you still get the lungs and maybe even the heart and often still blow through the big top bone in one or both front legs.

Basically, with that kind of shot you both "blow out the boiler room" in the lungs/heart cavity and blow out the front legs where there is the least amount of good meat to wreck while producing instant de-mobilization by blowing out a major muscle joint.

I will also take shots at the back of the neck while they are running away, but only at close range and you have to time the shot with their bouncing run so you squeeze off a quick jerk "bird-shot type" shot rather then a slow long-range slug gun type shot so their neck and forward body is up high in the air and their hind quarters (where a huge amount of the good meat is that you don't want to damage) are down low so you have a triangle shaped kill zone well above their hind quarters and intestinal nasty gut area with the tip of the triangle at the back of their head and the bottom base half way up their body length while they are on the first part of their upwards bounce. The best load for that shot is Tri-Ball or something similar and is best attempted at about 15-35 yards with a red dot type tactical sight, can also be done with a handgun if your good and have a similar sights configuration.

I never, ever, ever, would take a shot on the hind quarters. If its the only shot I've got then that would be a shot I pass up even if its the last 10-minutes of legal shooting hours on the last day of the season and I've still got one tag left. Way too much good meat there and it takes a powerful wallop to actually to enough damage in those large stronger bonier hind quarters compared to the front shoulders which are much more easily busted up and have hardly any good meat on them anyway.

YMMV ~ but that's my $0.02

Boolit Grand Master

It good to see some conversation on ethical shots and what is good and bad. I am not much of a hunter and have passed up WAAAY more shots than I have taken because I just didn't want to wound an animal.

I know way too many "hunters" that do not maintain their equipment, do not know the ballistics or limitations of their ammunition and do not even know their accuracy limitations. They maybe go out to the range once a year to "sight in" and shoot 5 or 10 rounds at 100 yards then proclaim they are good to go hunting and attempt shots at 200 yards, 300 yards and farther.

Top that off with the fact that they do not even know the animal's anatomy so are probably not aiming for the right spot anyway.

It is a lot different shooting in the bush at unknown ranges and offhand or with marginal rest than shooting off a solid rest from a comfortable bench at the range.

Longbow

Attachment 84703

I think my trigger finger would get a little itchy for a hip shot on something like this if I knew he was moving into thicker woods where I couldn't get a shot at all. Even though there would be considerable amount of meat damage, if he was getting over 250 lbs there would still be more meat on him than on two 1 1/2 year old does or 3 pts. Still given the accuracy of your gun/load for the shot stipulation.

If it was a 30-30 or the like there would not be a whole lot of meat damage. If it was an 06 with high speed j's or mag belt type cartridges then there would be considerable amount of meat damage to the top hind quarter.
    Last edited by OnHoPr; 10-19-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "
    I did not fail you, you failed to rise and help !

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:35 AM.

In Remembrance

I think these slug related threads have alot of merit when applied to ethical hunting. The slug load development focuses on bore fit etc to make an accurate slug, the shooting tests get an accuracy and trajectory profile, the platforms (mostly single shots but not exclusively, but havent seen any heavy slugs in autoloader threads!) encourage us to make that one good shot count, and the relatively low velocity of the big slugs means we can eat meat right up to the hole.
    Additional benefits of heavy slugs include bone breaking no- lost wounded animals or better still a huge pass thru hole that makes any tracking even easier.
    I am loving this!
    C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Hey Ajay, how about a pic with you in Super Blazing Sabot Hunter Orange on before you hit the woods. Those Savage 220's of yours should be able to reach out and touch a rib cage.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "
    I did not fail you, you failed to rise and help !

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Red face GAEP IN iTALY.

[QUOTE=SuperBlazingSabots;2436925]Hello OnHoPr, with the help of your ONE HOLE PRODUCTS I sure will connect through the Drone and touch the rib cage!

We are getting there and its time we practice for that one chance of a life time to connect with the game for a clean harvest.

**If you have been carefully reading my posts lately you will notice I have not been very happy about my 20 ga fold crimps using RB loads,
    I think I'll call Gaep in Italy to send me some of their fold crimp starters in 20 and 12 ga and we'll see how well they do in my tests.
    They look very promising tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bJdCLJRX9g
    I did get their 20 ga roll crimper but then I changed my whole style of loading and have two drill presses set up for 12 and 20 ga roll, just collecting dust!
    If they pass my quality test perhaps I'll offer them to you all, they better be good enough to live up to my standards.

Here is a fun project, never mind the language:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIFzuLztyPE
    We all can use extra blocks.

Dear Ajay, Thanks for all your Hardwork, which is greatly appreciated.
    I live in Greece. The above youtube URLS are not from Gaep,but a guy in Greece
    that bought GAEPS product,and he is talking in Greek.
    The guy to talk to is Charles From GAEP. I bought all his products and sell them here in Greece.
    Excellent product. His e-mail is gaep61@gmail.com. Great guy. I may call you one of these days if you don't mind.
    I make buckshot shells and slugs for a living at an ammo company here in Greece. I have learnt a lot from your knowledge. God bless you.
    John

Banned
    This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    Time to leave BS home !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Banned
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    Time to leave BS home !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Banned

So were you out "house hunting" ???? You have to get out in the countryside.

Banned
    Hello Brother JmorTimer, you figured it right, next week I'll be back in WV, I seem to prefer the mountain view, love waterfalls and lakes.
    Gods given treats that are lovely to look at!

All my life I was busy raising my family, now its my turn to get what ever makes me happy.

Here is a Email from Pastor Denver from Texas:

On 11/7/13, Denver Dugle <ddugle@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> Ajay,
    >> Thank you for the response. I am interested in reloading my own slugs. I
    >> live in Texas and will be using them on deer and pigs. I do not have a
    >> rifle for deer or pigs but I do have my Mossberg 930 slug gun. I have
    >> killed and or captured roughly 125 pigs (for the needy in the community) in
    >> the past 6 years. So needless to say I have sent a lot of lead down range.

>> I use to own a .308 rifle and that got expensive after a while. I just
    >> recently purchased a lee slug mold and have yet to reload any of the slugs I
    >> have cast. So I am interested in your concepts. Additionally, I just read
    >> a thread that you wrote about modifying the Lee slug mold so that it will
    >> not be so like a "bumble bee." Your comment did not give as much detail as
    >> I would need in order to elongate the mold for longer slugs. Obviously I
    >> understand the logic for doing so; i.e. front heavy round, thus making it
    >> stabilize in flight. Will you please share your ideas with
    >> me. I have to modify what I have for I do not make a lot of money
    >> (pastor).
    >> Thank you
    >> Denver

Its a noble cause and I would love to help him feed the needy, lets all help him in our own way.
    You have all the information above, you too can help, look up and smile for God is great!

" A happy man is one who loads his own slugs and burn's powder at the range" - Super Blazing Sabots!

"An inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he's in.
    He treats his failures simply as practice shots. ~ Charles F. Kettering

Best regards,
    Ajay Madan
    Super Blazing Sabots
    BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl[/url]
    http://slugshooting.accountsupport.com/[/url] ... wforum.php
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr[/url] ... ot!/page1
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...f=118&t=196961[/url]
    http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/fo...p?f=43&t=39246[/url]
    http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/slug-gu...old-is-gold-!/[/url]
    -Elite Group of Slug Shooter's
    We all, who take slug loading seriously are a dedicated family, who have taken it upon ourselves to perfect our tech. We experiment to find better techniques and share our knowledge.
    Location: New Jersey. USA / Frankfort, W.Germany / London, UK
    -Elite Group of Slug Shooter's
    We all, who take slug loading seriously are a dedicated family, who have taken it upon ourselves to perfect our tech. We experiment to find better techniques and share our knowledge.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Banned

"I'll be back in WV, I seem to prefer the mountain view, love waterfalls and lakes."

Me too. Seems like that would be a great place to settle and get a home gun range in the process. BTW, that is my idea of a great Pastor. Country living is good for the mind, body, and Spirit.

Banned
    Time to leave BS home !

Banned
    Time to leave BS home !

Banned
    Time to leave BS home !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Banned
    Time to leave BS home !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Banned
    Time to leave BS home !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for posting the pics... what a beautiful part of the country!

Boolit Bub
    Hi Ajay,
    Thanks for the kind words. I call it "my little piece of heaven here on earth". One part, you had it wrong. We only have 70
    acres here. A buddy just shot a real nice buck here this am. I hope you can find a place that will suit your dreams. May God bless you and your family on your quest.

Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast