Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Boolit Master

Making sure I'm not getting it wrong....the sabot in post #380 is made for the bullet in post #372 for 20 ga? Is it loadable in 2 3/4 hulls? If so, can you give me a close estimate of the cost for the components? And thanks for all your work on this!

Banned
    A bit of my history, I grew up without a father, he died in an air crash in France in 1949.
    I learned it early on, if I needed any thing I had to work for it and then go get it!

Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "
    I did not fail you, you failed to rise and help !

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Banned
    A bit of my history, I grew up without a father, he died in an air crash in France in 1949.
    I learned it early on, if I needed any thing I had to work for it and then go get it!

Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Ajay:

As usual terrific photos and w wealth of information!

I don't know how I missed the BRI (and other) reloading info. Great stuff! I will copy that for sure for future reference.

I need to get out shooting too. I have my new slugs to test but had vehicle and plumbing problems that got in my way. Vehicle is now fixed and plumbing was fixed last night so maybe some casting and loading this weekend.

Thanks for posting all that info.

Longbow

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !

Boolit Master

Ajay, I have had good results with a 20 ga .570 swaged ball too, except I load 2 3/4" hulls and 31 grn Longshot. Don't have chrono but believe velocities are comparable to your loads and deadly accurate out of smoothbore IC @ 50 yds. Thanks for your help in that regard. Cpileri will be weighing in with some results next week I think with similar load. Would very much like some kind of legitimate penetration tests too. I've shot them through 3 pcs. 3/4" plywood screwed together.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Ajay:

No 20 ga. in my arsenal or likely to be in the future. I like good 'ol 12 ga. It does everything I want. However, I soak up all your 12 ga. data so keep it coming!

I am still working on a "long range" smoothbore slug and maybe one day will have what I set out for... but not yet. I do like round ball loads though and to 50 yards or so from smoothbore they are hard to beat. My favourites so far are 0.662", 0.678" or 0.735" depending on wads used (and any choke).

I will be making some hull and wad trimming tools in the near future so will post what I come up with.

Hopefully I will be posting some slug targets too. I do need to get shooting!

Longbow

Boolit Master

That little triangle group is what I'm getting @ 50 yds out of Rem 1100 @ 50 yds w/IC choke. Haven't shot them @ 100' as I'm waiting for primers. Stout loads, too, almost a rifle "crack" instead of shotgun boom. Fashioned a homemade rear temporary sight out of spoon handle, notched with Dremmel tool to get a repeatable aiming point as several suggested. Probably will wind up with another barrel with sights dedicated to this load.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Here are some pictures from my two day trip to Pikes County, PA looking for a property where I could do all my load development on my own property instead of driving an hour to the range, just like my Brother Carry A Colt but even a property of 6 to 7 acres I could not do so as the houses are too close-by!
    It was cloudy and raining at times.

Pikes county is known for its big black beard around 600 to 800 plus lbs!

The forest is very dense and thick, most shots seem would be 15 to 30 yards.

In PA you do not need a Arms licence to buy gun as well as pistol, only need a permit to carry hand gun concealed.
    Beautiful country up in the mountains, plenty of lakes and ponds behind homes etc.

I'm proud to be a Elite Musketeer, among other Elite Musketeer's here.

Best regards,
    Ajay
    SuperBlazingSabots,com
    BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl[/url]
    http://slugshooting.accountsupport.com/[/url] ... wforum.php
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr[/url] ... ot!/page1
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...f=118&t=196961[/url]
    http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/fo...p?f=43&t=39246[/url]
    http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/slug-gu...old-is-gold-!/[/url]
    -Elite Group of Slug Shooter's
    We all, who take slug loading seriously are a dedicated family, who have taken it upon ourselves to perfect our tech. We experiment to find better techniques and share our knowledge.
    Location: New Jersey. USA / Frankfort, W.Germany / London, UK
    -Elite Group of Slug Shooter's
    We all, who take slug loading seriously are a dedicated family, who have taken it upon ourselves to perfect our tech. We experiment to find better techniques and share our knowledge.
    Wallenpaupak is okay but it's a little to touristy for what you're looking for !

Might I suggest you look in Wayne County around the Gouldsboro State Park and perhaps in Monroe County around the Tobeyhanna State Park and Military Depot .

Those places and to a lesser degree the Wallenpaupak area I used to deer hunt . If you get off the beaten path there's alot of places up there you should be able to find a reasonably priced piece of ground .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

In Remembrance

I plan to start in on 20ga soon. Now that dove season is here, my 12ga has been reappropriated so I'll either be using a 20ga for doves, or else experimenting w it and trying these slug/ball loads.
    C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Hello 6pt-sika, thanks for the tips, I'm looking. I also want to check Boone, NC up in the mountains, I hear its very retirement friendly community!
    Oh for retirement !

I would not suggest the Poconos for a retirement area !

To much snow and to much COLD !!!!!!

Okay for visiting but not the place to live all year .

You might look around Spartenburg South Carolina and in eastern Tennessee . Real estate is more economical and seclusion can still be found !

A few years ago I had thoughts of selling everything here in central VA when both my parents had passed and moving to Montana , Texas , Arizona etc etc . Now I'm more intrested in keeping my 63+ acres in central Virginia and possibly buying a second small home in the Philippines where my wife's from .

And maybe maybe a piece of hunting land on the Eastern Shore of Maryland for what else but Sika Deer !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

In Remembrance

Ajay,
    Let me repost some of your own data, pls let me know if youve changed ur mi d or stand by this statement:
    You do not need a gun with a bull barrel for the below loads...
    20ga hunting loads usinf Lee #90476 bullet of .575"
    3" fio, fed 209a, 31.6gr A.Steel, 455gr bullet in fed 20s-1 wad w 2x.125 28ga cards below bullet and 1 inch sq paper over powder, 6- pt crimp; minute ext mark at 1523fps

And
    3" fio, cci 209m, 33gr blue dot, 457gr bullet in 20s-1 w 2x28ga cards at 1515fps"

Those are just a couple interesting examples from that particular page. Thx,
    C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast