Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Boolit Buddy

I like being on the cutting edge and would be proud to join the "Musketeers".

Brian

Banned
    A bit of my history, I grew up without a father, he died in an air crash in France in 1949.
    I learned it early on, if I needed any thing I had to work for it and then go get it!

Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Banned

I am surprised at the lack of support. I don't feel it is a losing battle, especially after all your hard work and sharing of much good information. Your project needs to proceed. I have ordered molds for all the specifications you have posted. I'm ready to go.

What needs to be done? you can count on me for support I appreciate all you have done, Ive been holding off purchasing other products in wait for the BLAZING SABOTS, hang in there. Regards HC

Boolit Buddy

I have always traveled to Missouri to hunt deer because they allow rifles. But I finally figured out that it is stupid NOT to hunt here in Indiana, so I'm going full bore (pun intended) to get myself ready for this fall!!!!!

Banned

If you build it, they will come.

Boolit Buddy
    Musketeer brothers, I've been following you guys and getting supply's looking forward to the sabots....I've got .690 and .600 roundball molds last month...you guys have helped me alot

Quote Originally Posted by stripercrazy View Post
    Musketeer brothers, I've been following you guys and getting supply's looking forward to the sabots....I've got .690 and .600 roundball molds last month...you guys have helped me alot
    I just got the same 2 molds and started working with them. Sabots are in my future.
    As Thomas Jefferson wrote, we must "prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them."

Boolit Buddy

I finally got around to casting this morning and tried out two new molds, a Lee .690 "pumpkin ball" and one ounce Lee foster slug. The ball cast very well from the start, but had problems filling out the slug. I have a Lee bottom pour set-up and eventually got good results by pressing the spigot into the top of the mold. Guess it pays to experiment. I also got to the range and shot some BPI Blu-Force sabot slugs. I shot them in my Rossi single shot and was pleased as I didn't have high expectations for such an inexpensive gun (bought it brand new a for little over a hundred bucks). I shot at 25 yards (to get the scope dialed in) and the first two shots almost went into the same hole. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to trying some Blazing Sabots ad getting ready for deer season!!!!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I am not sure I qualify for your elite group. I am interested in slug loads for putting holes in paper as I have no intention of hunting. These will be loads to practice with and if they work well I will use them for self-defense.

I have no need for a 100 yard load or a crushing load. I want something that will group about 4" at 50 yards and is comfortable to shoot. I will be shooting into sand and will reclaim all (most) of my lead. I have purchased the Lyman mold to start with and if it will do the job I will not need anything better. If I want rifle accuracy and trajectory, then I will shoot a rifle - making a shotgun into a short range rifle holds little interest or application for me.

Still, I find your work interesting. I would think hunters who are restricted to using shotguns would be all over this

Boolit Mold
    Ajay,I will be proud to join this proud group of merry men as a very, very, most junior member...I will be part of the 12 ga table [Mossberg Division]..I think what you are developing here both in 12 ga and 20 will not just be interesting and fun but will really further this new hobby I have found myself so fascinated with..And to think I jumped in just to save a few bucks Ah..

Banned
    A bit of my history, I grew up without a father, he died in an air crash in France in 1949.
    I learned it early on, if I needed any thing I had to work for it and then go get it!

Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Banned

Well, we have come full circle. Lack of support, complaining about sabots sold at cost, criticizing the idea of a dedicated forum which was suggested by Ajay, one of the two most useful members, and lack of appreciation at what we had. Hopefully, Ajay will continue to post here, but I wish him well at his new home. This is still a strong group and this is my favorite site, but I don't blame Ajay, under the circumstances, the ASSA obviously appreciates him and what he is doing. Here, not so much.

Boolit Bub
    Ok what's happened to him? I am not on Facebook so I must have missed something. Has he been banned here? Where did he go?

Boolit Bub
    I missed his reply a above I see now where he is.

Ajay, back about four years ago when I started researching about loading slugs I lurked that forum for info. It had a lot of good info. I didn't know about it crashing until just a little while ago. I seen today that there is a start of a forum, that is good to hear as all across the country there are only slivers of slug shooting talk. For the slug shooting enthusiast that could be a good thing.

Boolit Bub
    I was just visiting that site again and I feel it is not near as user friendly as this one. In fact I get frustrated trying to navigate on it. I left that one to come here. I really, really, hope Ajay doesn't abandon us here.

Banned

^ Agree, the ASSA site is "... not near as user friendly as this one" and they charge $$$, not much, $7.50, for membership. I don't like Facebook much, but I do have one "friend", Ajay, and he is putting info up there that is not here, and he will be building-out his own site, www.blazingsabots.com, someday. It is worth having a Facebook account to get his info as he has continued his hard work and it is on Facebook. I may join ASSA as well.

The ASSA forum has been kind of stagnant for quite a few years. Some of the older info was good for refrence, sorry to hear that it was lost. I never posted over there although I did have an account at one time, main reason being that at the time they had a policy against posting any unpublished load information that had not been professionally pressure tested by the big boys and sanctioned.

You could get in trouble for posting that you were using a load with so many grains of such and such a powder unless you could state chapter, verse, and page number exactly where that exact load combination you were using was printed in an official loading manual. For slugs such loads do exist for a few slugs but they are few and far between and all the cutting edge work like the OP of this thread among others do don't fit into that category. I don't know if they still have that kind of rules set-up over at the ASSA forum and if their Admin still jumps in and cuts off threads discussing non-book loads but if they do you won't see me over there anytime soon. I do understand the caution when dealing with non-book loads but so long as everyone realizes that just because a load is discussed doesn't make it safe (not even book loads are officially safe or idiot proof in my mind) and has some common sense and a brain then such paranoid rules only serve as a platform to beat up on posters like the OP of this thread and Ed Hubel and, yes, myself among others who are working with non-book loads.

There are a lot of trolls on gun forums and in real life as well who really get their kicks by getting a practically religious zealous fervor up and engaging in inquisition like persecution of those heretics who dare to defy the book load gods. Don't you know? All book loads are good safe loads and there are no good loads that are not book loads and all non-book loads are dangerous and heretical !!! Any forum that supports and aids those kind of trolls and even worse has them as a dominant force among their Admin staff in force won't be frequented be me, thankfully the cast boolits forum and most (unfortunately not all) of its members is operating at a higher intellectual level then that and isn't infected by the "Reloading Book Gods" religion which is a dangerous savage fundamentalist cult religion not at all unlike other fundamentalist religious cults who believe in the persecution of all unbelievers and heretics.

Believe me, I have seen it first hand in person go way beyond just verbals, the worst indecent being a situation when I was at a rifle range two younger larger stronger men physically attacked an older smaller gentleman with brutal physical force including the use of blunt force weapons that was NOT just their fists for the specific reason that the older gentleman was using an old Lee loader to load shells on the bench for his 30-30 rifle using cast boolits and a charge of slow burning rifle powder by simply filling the empty cases full without measuring the powder except for the volume of the case. The powder he was using was slow enough burning that such a load using a full case compressed load of the powder was perfectly safe and he tried to explain that to them but they refused to listen and were only angered further by his explanation and attacked him physically and only the muzzle of me loaded rifle stopped them from continuing to beat him and kick him in the ribs when he was down on the ground after their initial attack upon him and prevent them from further violence while waiting for the cops and the ambulance to arrive. I wish I could have prevented the initial attack, but at that time I was not aware of how far the religious zealots of the "reloading book gods religion" were willing to take things and their escalation beyond the verbal caught me by surprise and I was not able to come to the older gentlemens aid as quickly as I would have liked to since I was a little distance down the bench line and was observing the confrontation from a distance and made no attempt to close the distance until things went horribly bad.

Ever since that experience I will not tolerate an atmosphere, even just on an internet forum, that caters to the fanatical and violent cult of the "reloading book gods". And thus why I personally have no intention of moving over to the ASSA forum unless it can be clearly demonstrated to me beyond a reasonable doubt that they are under new ownership and new management with a different attitude in regard to this point.

This is by no means to say that pressure testing of loads is a bad idea by any means, I after all spent the money to purchase a home strain gage type pressure trace system that I now use quite often in my load development. But that does not excuse the fanatical religious zealotry to the point of not only verbal and written attacks but actual physical attacks up to and including FAADW (Felony Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon) that members of this cult are willing to perpetrate on those who dare to engage in the heresy of using and developing loads that are not found in the official load books, something I have had to deal with many times myself up to and including so far one incident of the actual physical violent attack. These people are some of the lowest scum that exist in the firearms community and I will not support the forums that support and coddle them.
    Last edited by turbo1889; 06-16-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not understand why Ajay felt compelled to "leave" if that is what he has done. I do not understand why he cannot post on two (or more) forums.

Ajay did a lot of great work and freely shared his knowledge. If he is not willing to contribute here, I hope that others who follow his work will share new developments with us on this forum. I have a policy of supporting forums I frequent, and I think that this forum does it all when it comes to cast projectiles - so it will get my support.

Ajay, if you are reading this, think it through and reconsider. Do not let a minor slight affect your fine relationships here. You are respected and will be missed.

Regards and all the best,

Don Verna

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast