Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Boolit Bub
    Hi AJay,
    Thanks for all the time, effort, and expense that you have put into this project and sharing the results here so the rest of us can reap the benefits as well. Many others would choose not to share.
    I was not able to get back on line during that hour you had open for the range results. I was hoping to get the info so I could follow up with some l have loaded.
    I am loading just two slugs right now, but I have three others on hand for later. Both are Lee's: 476-400RF and the 475-450. I am using the commander wad with the two but only until your wads become available.
    With the 400-RF, I hope to get a 2-4" groups around the 1800+ fps mark. If I get the 450 to shoot in the 5-6" group, I would be happy.
    I to, shoot a 220F like yours but mine is blued.
    Will you be reposting your results again any time soon???
    Thanks

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,
    You were not only jealous but blind and could not see where I came from !

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .
    Yet another " Musketeer Ed Hubble "

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Go ahead harbor the evil elements here.
    Your threats to ban me will bear no fruits.
    No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Adding a lot more information, Thank you!

Nice little trick Ajay. Are you getting to old for Precious Memories?

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering what I shared in every single post of mine,

**--** I spent thousands of dollars from my own hard earned money to develop, research and experiment those ideas in to practice just so I could help you all put meat on your table as cheaply as possible, you in return even failed to give me even a complement when you used my ideas, which were meant to help you !

I kept asking to make my big brother post a " Sticky " put him next to my post for he too helped you all with open arms .

Why would any one post in another's constructive helpful post if not to add more useful information !

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Adding more information, Thank you!

Best of luck, can't wait to see the results, thanks for all your input and help. regards HC

The pictured sabots for 12 & 20 gauge, what diameter boolits are they designed to use inside? I'm guessing 50-cal for the 12ga. and 45-cal for the 20ga. based on how thick the petals of the sabots appear to be.

Banned

That is a beautiful sight. All the hard work is close to fruition. BTW, I thought there would be a round ball wad/sabot. Nice work Brother Ajay.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Attachment 70655 A jay do think this load would work, 3" fiocchi hull 616 primer .58 cal 440 R.E.A.L in a trap commander wad with a 28ga nitro card under slug on top of 28gr of Herco. I have to use Herco cause thats all I can find around here. Thanks in advance, keep up the good work. Regards HC

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Adding more loads, Thank you.

Banned

Hey Ajay,

I thought you were doing some round ball sabots/wads?

Thanks John

Must have missed it:

Quote Originally Posted by VdoMemorie View Post
    Greetings, a lot of my Slug Shooter's Family member's from this very family have contributed and helped me to rise up to this point that my childhood dream is being fulfilled.

God is great and has rewarded me with your good wishes and what it takes to make this happen.
    Once again, I thank you all.

In 12 and 20 gauge I have molds made for
    1. Blazing Sabots for .45 cal bullets in 250, 260, 270, and 300 gr weight. ( Last time I was at the range we hit 1966 fps with 300 gr bullet )
    2. Blazing Sabots for .48 cal bullets in 325, 340 and 400 gr weight. ( Last time I was at the range we hit over 2000 + fps with 400 gr bullet )
    3. Blazing Sabots for .50 cal bullets in 320, 360 and 500 gr weight.
    4. Blazing Sabots for .58 cal bullets in 440, 450 and 460 gr weight.

I will provide our own custom made OP wad for proper gas sealing that is required for accuracy and load efficiency with each Blazing Sabot.
    Next wave will be the Non Discarding Sabots for 10, 12, 16 & 20 gauge along with RB wads etc.
    I have a lot I wish to offer my family, all those who stood by me.

Be on the look out for my range report.
    Sabots come in different flavors some have finger's that are meant to snap off while other's just open up and some tag along for a piggy back ride along with the bullet and are found 70 to 90 yards down range!
    Last test was with Sabots finger's that snap off and open up like a flower the instant the payload exits the muzzle.

"No man is a failure who is enjoying life at the range."- Blazing Sabots

Best regards,
    Ajay
    BlazingSabots@Gmail.com
    Blazing Sabots, LLC
    www.facebook.com/BlazingSabots?ref=hl

*Emphasis Added

Banned

Yes it appears so. For some reason I like the round balls. Ajay always has so much eye candy, I got distracted.

In Remembrance

Are those 20ga OP wads with the holes in them good for anything? Will the holes ruin the gas sealing properties?
    I saw them and thought they looked neat, maybe as an inside-the-shotcup to raise a ball or slug to proper height, but as an OP wad... i dunno.
    C-

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:29 AM.

Those look like nice deep gas and powder sealing OP wads Ajay.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Although Ajay himself is the final authority on this I think at this point I should point out that his OP wads should most likely not be used in Winchester two and three piece hulls for safety reasons (two hulls on the far right in the diagram below).

I personally know that Federal S-series wads which I often use and many European brand name wads with full diameter tight sealing gas seal cups on the bottom should not be used in those Winchester hull constructions because their bottom outer lip catches on the end of the inner tube at the bottom of those hulls and prevents them from being fully seated tight over the powder charge and leaves the powder charge loose, uncompressed, and usually with an air pocket which can result in a hang-fire detonation event which can blow up a gun. Caution should also be used when using such full diameter gas seals in single piece compression formed hulls (Remington and old Winchester second from the left and middle respectively) because the tapered walls of the hull make for an extra tight initial gas seal which requires the powder charge to be adjusted accordingly compared to that used in a straight walled hull (far left) or the load will be over pressure and requires substantial wad pressure be used to seat the gas seal fully over the powder when loading.

After seeing his pictures of his OP gas seals to go with the sabots and his description of the tight seal they produce I thought this was a valid safety concern to point out as an FYI for others. Stick with straight walled hulls if you are using a full size diameter tight sealing OP gas seal. If you must use tapered wall hulls use the single piece compression formed ones preferably the Remington hulls because their taper is not as aggressive as the Winchester hulls and make sure to reduce the powder charge and use enough wad pressure to fully seat the wad.

Quote Originally Posted by VdoMemorie View Post
    . . . Let me ask you all, would you want me to include a felt wad and nitro card too as part of a kit??? . . .
    If I were the one selling the sabots I would include the OP wad, the sabot, and enough nitro-cards to cover most 2-3/4" and 3" loads built with just those components without using a felt or fiber crush wad in the stack. Loads that use crush wads in the stack can be useful in longer shell lengths and allow the loader to squeeze out a little more velocity from the load and slightly reduce the felt recoil but IME they also can be a little more temperamental and a littler more difficult to tune for optimum accuracy. Although they require the use of slightly lower powder charges and give a little less velocity slug loads built using just a gas seal and nitro cards with no cushion/crush section in the wad column tend to be more "plug and play" for the casual reloader provided they have a chart of appropriate charges of powder for those kinds of loads. So that is the direction I would go and just include in the "loading suggestions" sheet/pamphlet (I always refer to them as loading suggestions not loading data for obvious reasons) some information on loads using a cushion/crush section and say if they want to do those kind of loads good places to purchase such felt/fiber wads are web-sites XY & Z. This puts you in a better position as the one offering the sabot loading kits for sale because most of the casual reloaders will just make loads with the components your provided, namely loads with just nitro cards between the gas seal and the sabot which will tend to be less finicky and require less tuning to provide maximum accuracy which will give better "plug & play" results which will help you in the long run reducing customer service burden on you and improving reputation.

Banned

BS walks.

No more !
    I ban myself !
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-29-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Adding more information, thank you!

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast