Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Banned
    Greetings and thank you all for your good wishes.
    I did try using .600 RB in 12 ga but did not get to try two RB due to the fact In Germany I met Mr Roy Weatherby while we were producing Mark V and certain shotguns for him at J. P. Sauer & sons, he believed a lighter bullet at higher speed will do far more damage. I could never forget his words.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Boolit Master

AJ, looks like the pipe cutter method would be an easy,accurate way to trim hulls as well. Thanks, sometimes a picture is just what I need!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

BS walks.

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !

Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !

Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Ajay: I really like that Beretta Double Rifle and with a Aimpoint Micro mounted it would be the Pig Gun Deluxe! I guess they were available in .30-06 which works fine for me and with a set of 32" 12ga. barrels the gun would do just about anything you'd want out of a Sporting/Hunting Rifle/Shotgun. And all in one nice case! $7500 for a gun like that is nothing. I have friends who don't think twice about spending $25-50K on a Shotgun or Double Rifle and they aren't rich people. Just dedicated shooters who appreciate the finer thing in life.

Most are single!

I'm coming along nicely with my Browning A5 slug gun. Good to hear from you!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Howdy,I' m on page five in this great thread. Been loading slugs all winter,12 is going good,20 not so good.

That 575-470 Lee is too tight a fit in Trap Commander for my 870. Really hard to hammer through. Keyholing,too. On the other hand,I get the best accuracy with a 575 ball with the same wad...? Smaller balls/slugs,not as good.

Ideas? Sizing the slug down?
    Last edited by Petander; 03-03-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Sizing dies are all essentially the same thing. A certain sized hole in some metal, preferably harder metal, although for sizing lead any steel will do and it doesn't need to be Heat Treated. It does need to be polished to a mirror like finish to prevent lead transfer to the die.

That's all there is to it.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Boolit Buddy

Hey Ajay, been doing a lot of casting and reloading this winter, can't wait for SPRING !!!!!!! First even half way decent day and I'll be making big holes in paper. Brian Capps

Banned
    Hello and Greetings my brother Brian Capps, I did not forget what you did way back when you shipped me a Gift. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:47 AM.

So that's where you were? India? Were you hunting Tigers?

I see a Decent 12 ga O/U Shotgun as being a very good gun for Tigers,,, shooting off an Elephant.

Randy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Another trick is to add additional .125 nitro card of 28 ga. When you add additional cards below the slug will raise the slug in wad and make the fit not so tight ! !
    575-470 Lee suppose to put one .125 of nitro card, instead try two or three. Try two first ! !

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Will do,thank you! This is what I did today,I cut a cork in four pieces. One under the wad,one under the slug. It was sitting quite deep - and it was still keyholing. But I like the heavy slug!

Ballistic Products don't take Pay Pal, I have the hardest time getting cards,felts,corks... I'm at mercy of a finnish importer/vendor and they can be very slow. This is not a shotgun reloading country,nobody stocks these little things. I'd buy a huge assortment of everything if it was available. Another reason to consider those canadian wad punch tools...

Here is how they sit today:

Attachment 237343.

575 balls,a flyer again but I will figure it out. A friend needs these after shoulder surgery, I let him try my 20 gauges and he bought a 870- I'm afraid his 470NE double is coming my way... not so many tigers here but wolves and bears,yes.

30 yds,no bags.

Attachment 237344

I ordered my Canadian Wad Punch tool on the 19th of Feb, It still isn't here but maybe tomorrow.

I do like that you are using the diamond targets now. They have really made a difference in my rifle groups. Makes it much easier to align the sights with the target in a repeatable manner,,,, Which is the Key to good groups.

Randy

Banned
    Greetings, most people hunt Man-eater from atop of a machan on tree top, yes the range is 10 to 20 yards. The ones hunting from top of elephants are rich ones.

Petander, Here is a good example when the bullet don't fit the wad but adding nitro card helps a great deal.
    Sorry Photobucket hacked onto my images, will try again to see if I can find it elsewhere.
    I never ever tried using cork, prefer hard darker nitro cards instead to give our slug a solid base at launch

Hoping it helps.

Best regards,
    Ajay
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Boolit Master
    Dang hard to get hard wads for me. Soft wads=keyholing,no matter how thick wads.

But I loaded one of these heavies bacwards and -besides a great one round group- I got a round hole!

Attachment 237426.

To be continued.

Boolit Master
    Backwards loading with thicker fiber wads under the slug gave me more round holes than before:

Attachment 237481

Attachment 237482.

Ballistic Products don't take Pay Pal, I have the hardest time getting cards,felts,corks... I'm at mercy of a finnish importer/vendor and they can be very slow. This is not a shotgun reloading country,nobody stocks these little things. I'd buy a huge assortment of everything if it was available. Another reason to consider those canadian wad punch tools...
    I believe much of the stuff from Ballistic Products comes from Italy.

This site has a very good selection of shotshell components: http://www.siarm.com/ (At one point they shipped ten new paper hulls as a bonus with my order. The hulls were primed - which is a big no-no with the danish postal service - but luckily it came through without problems.)
    Cap'n Morgan

Capt: The vast majority of BPI Wads, DGS, Thug, and Thunderbolt Slugs come from Gualandi of Italy. All their tools are made in USA. Hulls come from various places, mostly Italy.

Seems like the Italians make most of the good shotgun stuff as well as some of the best shotguns . They also make some pretty neat Reloading Machines. Most of their really High Dollar Shotguns are never seen over here as they end up going to European Royalty. There is a entire Valley in Northern Italy that is devoted to gun making.

They also make Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maserati's, and Fiat owns Chrysler.

Not to mention some of the Women they produce !

So Italians good,, and we like Italy!

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-07-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Morgan View Post
    I believe much of the stuff from Ballistic Products comes from Italy.

This site has a very good selection of shotshell components: http://www.siarm.com/
    Captain, thank you very much! And this site is in english,too! I found one shop with certain wads in Greece,couldn't use the online shop because it was only in greece language. But it worked with email.

Now this looks like exactly what I need. All the little cork,felt,card etc wads. Great prices,too. Good,good....

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast