Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: VdoMemorie-Blazing Sabot!

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

The only way to communicate loads is through clearly marked pictures, only !
    BS walks.

Those words fell on Deaf Ears !

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !
    Did they confront him and kick his Ass, No !

This forum was once home to Super Blazing Sabots
    Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !
    Who wants to live in a BS home !

Very very few honest caring friends here, may be 4 to 5 !

All the Chrono's are banged with Sabots, screens busted !
    Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:39 AM.

RMc: I just got BPI's Slug Loading Manual#7 and it states that a Roll Crimp pretty much always delivers less pressure than a Fold Crimp using the same load for both. It even had a chart (Pg25) with a few different combinations showing this worked the same way across many loads.

The differences in pressures were from 100 to 1700 psi over the loads shown. Velocity differences were 15-100 fps, however they were not directly insync with the pressures.

I wonder if they know they've contradicted themselves?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBlazingSabots View Post
    Hello RMC, I do point that from time to time but here is a good example of Brenneke slug with a good deep roll crimp.

Ajay Madan

When loading a full bore diameter slug or round ball and using a deep roll crimp as shown, what are the chances of the projectile jumping the crimp and causing over pressure from 4x hull thickness plus the projectile diameter?
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master

I wondered the same thing until I tried the 0.735" RB's which if anything is going to jump a crimp they should but nope!

So, not a definitive answer but I look at factory roll crimped Foster slug rounds and they are all basically a semi spherical nose but all roll crimped so I have to wonder just what the chances are and why these types of slugs or round balls don't jump the crimp... or don't seem to anyway.

I would have thought a small shoulder on the slug would absolutely ensure that the crimp was opened by the slug but if the factories don't do it I have to guess it isn't necessary.

All speculation on my part but so far I haven't experience any issues where I expected to.

Longbow

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    RMc: I just got BPI's Slug Loading Manual#7 and it states that a Roll Crimp pretty much always delivers less pressure than a Fold Crimp using the same load for both. It even had a chart (Pg25) with a few different combinations showing this worked the same way across many loads.

The differences in pressures were from 100 to 1700 psi over the loads shown. Velocity differences were 15-100 fps, however they were not directly insync with the pressures.

I wonder if they know they've contradicted themselves?

Randy
    Randy,

I do not have a copy of that manual. However, I boldfaced what appears to be the operative phrase from your post. If the examples given in the manual were loaded in new unfired cases of the same length, then most likely the fold crimped versions had a shorter loaded length and thus a smaller internal loaded volume.

Unless the Roll Crimp is unusually deep the normal difference between the loaded length of a roll crimped hull and a fold crimped hull is right at one quarter inch. This assumes both unfired hulls are of the same length, in which case the loaded roll crimp round will be longer and have a greater internal volume.
    Last edited by RMc; 11-05-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Banned
    Go ahead show me just " One " post any where on the entire net offering as much pure 24 carat gold as I shared in every single post of mine,

* * * *No reason, Why would any one post a reply to any post unless you have far better ideas to add to it , Why come here to BS ?

For years I begged " Give me the choice to add more pictures here as those images are my ways of communication, so as to avoid accidents from happening !

BS walks.

Now this guy Red River Rick was made a Moderator to on purpose set up a fight with me by those jealous, had nothing to offer in a world I was offering pure 24 carat gold ! !

Things sure changed when BS artists started gaining grounds here, they had nothing constructive to offer but BS.
    You see these BS artists respond to bogus after bogus posts with the same message time after time, since when have we all gone Blind and don't even See them, who they are !
    If I start a new post and say " My Ass is itching " they the BS artist will jump on the opportunity to copy and paste their message !

Can no longer justify spending any more of my money as I did before and for whom !

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought a mag 10, fantastic gun. I'm thinking of buying a second.

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Ajay: thanks for the tubing cutter tip.. I can do that.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

I mark the wads for length then slide a wad into a piece of old 12 ga. barrel and use a utility knife to cut the petals off at the face of the barrel. A piece of 1/2" CPVC pipe is used under the wad to hold position for the cut. It's simple and it works.

Longbow

Ajay: I walked into a local pawn shop last week with shooting friend Wes and spied a Ponsness-Warren loader just like the one on the cover of the Handloader magazine that you posted. The price marked seemed more than fair so as we do, I offered $40 less. Take it the man said, and I made the purchase. Only upon getting home did I realize that I was the proud new owner of a press built for 10ga. 3 1/2" shells not 12ga. as I'd thought. Guess I'll have to buy a big thumper to get out of this one. LOL Gp

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Ajay: I E-mailed P-W Sunday afternoon about converting the press to 12ga. This morning (Monday) at 10 AM I received a phone call from a very helpful gal named Jean. How's that for customer service? It seems that a simple caliber conversion and a wad guide is all I need to have this great press cranking out 12ga. rounds. This until(if) I can afford the big gun. No alterations other than that needed. My impulse buy is looking much better this morning. According to P-W the press I bought now lists for $525 so even with the price of the alterations it seems I'll be in this Cadillac of a press for around $300. I'm beginning to lose my buyers remorse. LOL Gp

Banned

BS walks.

Bye for now.
    Last edited by SuperBlazingSabots; 03-31-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Boolit Master

Hope you have a great new year AJ.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Buddy
    Ajay, ... all the best for 2019!!

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, Happy New Year to my Cast Boolit family!

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast