RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MiHec 360640 4 cavity brass Cramer HP

Boolit Buddy

PM sent

Boolit Bub
    Received my mold today. Looks great as usual.
    Thanks!

Boolit Buddy

Hey MiHec - sent PM to you about one of the '30 overruns' but haven't heard from you. Did you get the PM? It's only been two days. Know you are busy but would like to get one of these! Thanks.

Boolit Master

sorry Miha

I've been in he hospital and didn't get you paid until yesterday....Sorry Miha

Dale

I too PM'd a while back for an over run but haven't heard back either.

PM rc'd and paid
    Last edited by gtgeorge; 06-19-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine arrived today in good shape. Thanks to everyone concerned.

Boolit Buddy
    Received mine today.
    Thank you Mihec and thank you 45 2.1 for your hard work on this one and all the others.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints!

Got mine in the mail this afternoon. Waiting for the pot to get hot and finish the honeydos.

Well, I fell in love with this beauty to the extent that I didn't even clean it up and started casting as soon as the pot got hot. With my alloy I'm dropping the large cavity at 146.6 to 146.9 with some outliers of 145.9-147.2. I set up to cast 2 large cavity and two penta. The penta were even closer, since I culled them because of a fill-out problem with one cavity (I think I need to tighten the sprue plate a little) and ranged from 149.6 to 152 with the majority being 151.7. That is about to spec 5 gr difference. I'll probably be happier once I clean it up and use it a few times so it's broken in.
    Last edited by Cmemiss; 06-17-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Add info.

Boolit Master

Got mine today But have problems

Look`s like I have to email Mihec, I got the mold today and it look`s great but when I put the HP pins in it the mold will not close, about 0.020 open , I think the problems are with the pins , I tryed both sets and it`s the same. I have 18 other molds from Mihec , and they all work great . I was thinking of just puting it in my big vice and cranking it down but I could not bring myself to try that, anybody have the same problems?????

Boolit Master
    I have a Miha mold with the same problem....always work on the cheap part is my rule so I used sandpaper and a stone to work the diameter of the pins. Work slow & check frequently. It took me an hour to do 4 pins but the mold is a JEWEL now. Be careful to not damage the beautiful brass mold as I am sure the pins are easily replaced. (Don't force the mold halves together---gentle as a baby's smile is the rule here...)

Boolit Master

Before you sand or stone the guide pins, try running them loose. You might need to use a Torx bit to loosen the pins. Mine loosened OK, but a couple let the hex wrench slip a bit. Don't use pliers on the guide pins. I remove the guide pins from the HP pins and then reassemble in the mold block. I don't like passing the e-clip groove through the mold block.

Run the guide pins in finger tight, then back of a very fine red hair. The HP assembly should move back and forth in the mold block by its own weight.

This is common to Mihec's cramer style molds and what he recommends.

Mine arrived today, by the by!
    Jeff

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    Got mine today--thanks Miha and 45 2.1 ! LBS
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    All Paid molds are in the mail - usually I ship next day.
    I asked too soon, got it today and it looks great! Hopefully I will get a chance to try it out this weekend.

Boolit Master

Castalot and IronMike I`ll give it a try

yup I think all it needs is a little fitting, Thanks for the input.

Boolit Master

Got it today. Thanks, MiHa and 45 2.1!
    At one with the gun.

I got mine today thanks Miha and Bob.

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    What loads are you all planning to try?
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by fivegunner View Post
    Look`s like I have to email Mihec, I got the mold today and it look`s great but when I put the HP pins in it the mold will not close, about 0.020 open , I think the problems are with the pins , I tryed both sets and it`s the same. I have 18 other molds from Mihec , and they all work great . I was thinking of just puting it in my big vice and cranking it down but I could not bring myself to try that, anybody have the same problems?????

Just lube the pins, preheat the mold and give them few dry runs.
    Pins will seat inn.

Usually people look at cold mold......
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Low Budget Shooter View Post
    What loads are you all planning to try?
    I am hoping to find loads that work well in both my Blackhawk and Rossi M92. I have such for the 358429 and 358477. I'll be starting with H110 and 2400.
    Jeff

Boolit Buddy
    My mould apparently came yesterday but for some reason this time it required my signature for delivery, a departure from all previous MiHec mailings, and since I wasn't home at the time the postman came I had to go to the USPS distribution center to retrieve it today. As usual, it's a thing of beauty and I can't wait to start casting beautiful boolits!!! As far as the tight pins, I've use both methods mentioned above - loosening the pins and then retightening them once the working portion (blank pin, round HP pin, penta HP pin) are seated in the mould and also I've just cleaned the mould and pins really thoroughly, lubed the pins with the supplied lube, heated up the mould and started casting. Both methods have worked well so now I usually use a combination of the two methods and this has essentially solved virtually all problems that I've encountered with pins that, initially at least, don't want to seat completely.

As far as loads for this boolit are concerned, I'll probably go with my old standard which is 10gr of Blue Dot. This has been my go-to load for many years and it's the one I've been using with the double crimp groove configuration of this boolit. I haven't chrono'ed any of these but I've been getting very tight groups at 15 to 25 yards. While I've tried other powders, I somehow find myself coming back to this one when I want consistency. I shoot this load in both the round HP and penta HP versions of the double crimp groove boolit and in both my S&W 6" 686 and my Ruger 4" GP100 as well as my Taurus 65 2" barrel. Easy on the hand in the two heavier wheelguns but a bit harder in the 2" Taurus. I have a fair amount of Unique available so I think I'll try to work up a load using that power, one that I can shoot in the 2" Taurus without hammering my hand, which is getting fairly arthritic nowadays, quite so hard. Any suggestions as to a load with Unique would be appreciated.

sleeper1428

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast