MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: MiHec 360640 4 cavity brass Cramer HP

I think 170 may be a bit high. I just weighed the large cavity and penta which dropped at 142.6 and 151.8. Based on that I would guess the solid would be closer to 160 than 170 but I could be wrong as I haven't cast any solids.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cs86 View Post
    edit: Found it listed on the MP site as 170 solid. I'll take one with all pins. another PM coming.
    The 359640 drops a 170 grain solid. That is a different mold and can be identified by double crimp grooves.

Boolit Buddy
    The 359640 drops a 170 grain solid. That is a different mold and can be identified by double crimp grooves.
    I've been looking for something close to the lyman 358429 that MP would make. I've pondered the 359640, but that double crimp just bothers me. I don't know that I'd ever have problems with it, but I didn't like how the 2 grooves are so close together. I think this one would be close enough to what I'm looking for.

I'm just hoping he can get to my PM soon so I can pay and have it sent with my .45 mold order that is soon to ship.

Boolit Grand Master

The double crimp groove is not an issue in anyway what so ever. It's there for a specific reason. And your molds will ship separately. The boxes he uses are sized to hold one mold.

Boolit Buddy
    It's there for a specific reason.
    Could you explain a bit more? I know it's for different depths of seating, but it would be nice to know if there is a bigger picture for what the intended design is for.

And your molds will ship separately. The boxes he uses are sized to hold one mold.
    Good to know I'll have more patience.

Thanks!

Vendor Sponsor

I still have around 20 molds left.
    Please PM me if you want one (include your e-mail address)
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Will this work in 9mm or should I go with the 125 gr 7th rerun? I want a hp for 9, 38, 357 and as heavy as I can get. Will the nose profile on this work with 9?

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Cast View Post
    Will this work in 9mm or should I go with the 125 gr 7th rerun? I want a hp for 9, 38, 357 and as heavy as I can get. Will the nose profile on this work with 9?
    The nose lengths are about the same as far as meplat to case mouth where I would seat them to. It should work for what you're trying to do. Be advised that the nose length on the 357 might be a little long on a short cylindered gun. 0.340" meplat to crimp groove.

Boolit Bub
    Well for anybody else wanting to fire this in 9mm, I've been testing these sized to .358 and seated to 1.110" and I've had no problems loading in my three 9mm guns or in my father's M&P9. Took a while playing with the seating depth, but 1.150" OAL seemed to be the max that loaded successfully in everythin'. I've been using a rather smokey CSB-1 (as it was what was plentiful during the shortage) and haven't had any FTE at 3.4gn. It seats a little deep, but I based this load around that for the Lyman 356637. About 250rds at this load so far and no problems. 3.2gn was the minimum I got to function reliably, but need to find a place in NE IL or SE WI where I can use a chronograph before I dare goin' more than 3.4gn.

Disclaimer: As with most information on this forum, this load data is for informational purposes only and should NOT be interpreted as official load data by any means. Experiment at your own risk and ALWAYS start low and work your way up.
    Last edited by Jlamont2020; 04-18-2015 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Disclaimer

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314