RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .429 hollow base boolits?

Boolit Master
    It's a single cavity nose pour 429421 with the pin in the base. Not very popular but since it's a nose pour it can't be cut with the 421 cherry. Add hysterical and semimental value and it could fetch a couple hundred or more. Not an expert, just shop.

There was a hollow point as well that was more popular.

There was a good deal of excitement when MP Molds brought out the #503 which is available in hollowpoint and I think in that first group buy also a hollowbase. I will have see if I can find it. You see in post #10 Miha offers a #503 but it's not clear to me that it's hollowbase like the wadcutter.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Banned
    Well I'll cast a few out of and see if it suits me. Thanks for the information on the mold, nice little return for a what I paid for these molds.

They are in the +/- $100 range when the come up on e-bay. Lately they've been selling north of $100, just depends on who wants it.

I have 3 different hb molds for the 44cal's. They all are excellent bullets for the snubnosed 44spl's. The last tests I did with a charter arms 2 1/2" bbl'd snubnosed revolver.
    [IMG][/IMG]

top left: lyman 429422 hb swc with a hp put in it with a forster hp tool
    top right: Mihec hbwc
    bottom right: H&G #142 as cast swc hp with a gc
    bottom right: raphine 44cal hb fn with a hp put in it with a forster hp tool

A side view of that 429422 bullet pictured above. As you can see the bullets body compresses and the base flares out.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Others have mentioned mihec's 44cal hbwc. This 1 was turned backwards to make a huge hp and shot from the 2 1/2" bbl'd bulldog.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I have 2 429422 molds, didn't like the factory round hb pin so I made my own pin. The factory hp pin was designed more for taking weight out of the bullet/make the 429421 bullet lighter.This style/shape of the hb pin I made allows the bullet to seal cylinders better. I've used the same bullet with the home made hb pin cast/coated/sized to .430" in revolvers with cylinders that measured .429" to .4325" with excellent results.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Enjoy your keith hb bullets, I like them enough that I have 2 429422 molds and 2 358431 molds (35cal version of the keith hb bullet).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12