RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Best wishes for texas

Boolit Master

Best wishes for texas

My best wishes and prayers for the area hit by the Tornados. Hope it gets better.
    jim

In Remembrance
    We're getting our *** kicked here in north Texas. Several tornadoes made it to the ground in Dallas, another one in southern Fort Worth, one is passing over The Ball Park and Cowboys Stadium and headed straight for DFW Airport.

The airport is shut down and they've evacuated all the planes.

It's pretty damn bad right now. I'm not much of one for worrying, but this one is starting to make me sweat.

Boolit Master
    If there are any emergency items I can send let me by pm and I will send out.
    jim

Boolit Master
    YIKES, I just saw that on the news. I hope for safety for all in the area.
    ph4570

In Remembrance
    Been watching it in the news, it couldn't be a much more heavily populated area for this to be happening.Hope it clears without too much damage.

In Remembrance
    We can't get a break. . . more tornadoes forming right behind each other. One of the TV stations posted a couple of pictures of 18-wheelers flying over 200 feet in the air when one of the Arlington/Dallas area tornadoes hit the area.

Freaking one twister after another. gonna be a long afternoon.

Boolit Master

I hope all of that passes quickly.

A couple years ago in April I spent a rough afternoon evening in Dallas after landing at DFW about 3pm and able to see a funnel on the ground far east of DFW and then having thornado warnings until 1am the next morning.

Not my idea of a relaxing.

Take care out there.

In Remembrance
    The videos I'm seeing does not look good at all.
    The news I'm getting suggest they can't even start any damage of life or property yet, is it letting up any for you guys yet.

Plenty of prayers headed your way.

Banned

HOLY SMOKES! We just got home from errands all day and saw some facebook alerts, then we checked the radar a few minutes agos and saw the frontline moving right over you there, Recluse! I was in North Richland Hills when the F5 hit downdown Ft. Worth in 1999, hope this isn't a replay, but I'm afraid it might be worse. Take care out there, we pray for the people in this storm's path.

Gear

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    I got an e-mail last night from my brother that he was working in Dallas for two weeks. I just got an e-mail he is OK, prayer answered.
    He said:
    I was working in the field this morning and heared the wx warnings on the radio and headed back to the hotel and hunkered down for the duration. So far, lots of rain and wind and several small tornados in surrounding areas.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Looks bad on the news. Hunt a hole.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by koehn,jim View Post
    My best wishes and prayers for the area hit by the Tornados. Hope it gets better.
    Jim, I forgot to thank you for your concern and prayers, I'm not sure too many others in LA are concerned about what happens to Texas, but it's good to know at least one person cares! Thank you!

Gear

In Remembrance

I heard from my niece and family in Arlington and Bil and SIL in Forney. All are ok.

Just got off the phone with my mother that lives in Luella (between Sherman and Tom Bean) and she said all is well.
    Can't seem to get ahold of my sister in South Lake nor my brother in Fairview. Does anyone have any info on those areas?
    My mother says the storms have moved off from the area.
    Prayers sent to all those that have had loss or damage from the storm.
    jmsj

Banned

I used to live in Fairview, but the only people I know there (ex in-laws) aren't on my friendly list! We had a few little twisters go through there when I lived there, all through the Boyd/Rhome/Haslet/Justin area. It's not fun living in "Tornado Alley", glad I moved.

Gear