Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Will I blow up !

Boolit Bub

Will I blow up !

I just purchased a Lee perfect powder stand-alone measure . I'am currently using it for Unique smokeless powder for my Low Wall 38-40 Uberti . I usually only reload 2f with a powder dipper for my 38-40 . I have read the experiment the guy did with the static electric test , I have read numerous testaments how it is perfectly safe and it's the Lawyers telling me not to use the Lee measure for BP . Also been told it is the greedy reloading companies trying to sell me a 150.00 $ measure with brass componets and a steel hopper . I have already decided I'am going to by a measure just for black powder just in case there is just a small amount of truth as to why I should not ! I just wanted to get the forums members feelings on this subject just as it compared to the Lee only powder measure and no others . Thanks
    Last edited by brudford; 04-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.

I've used mine for black more then once.
    Call LEE and ask them,they'll tell you da truth

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I have 2 Lee Perfect Powder Measures and have used them to load thousands of BPCR reloads. I also smoke my pipe while I'm reloading. Not to be advised

This subject has been discussed many times on many forums over the years and contrary to the warning from manufacturers, have yet to read that anyone has been harmed reloading black powder in any powder charger, including the Lee
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    I've used mine for black more then once.
    Call LEE and ask them,they'll tell you da truth
    Good advice! Caution is likely the best track to follow. I use brass and aluminum in BP to be on the safe side, but that's me. It only takes once to ruin your day...and many others.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master
    I have used my RCBS measure since I started reloading BP about two years ago. I too read all the info both in preint and on the inet and from what I can see it is safe. Mine is a plastic and steel unit.

If it worries you, put a ground wire on it.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by brudford View Post
    I have already decided I'am going to by a measure just for black powder
    It's your money ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned
    I think my Lee PPM has dispensed more than 200lbs of BP and more than 50lbs of smokeless with no issues. BP will crush and the dust will over time "eat" the gasket.

BP will crush and the dust will over time "eat" the gasket.
    And pit the brass rotaries and steel casings of chargers when exposed to humidity if not properly cleaned after each use
    Regards
    John

Boolit Man
    Well I did buy a Lyman black powder measure, and I use the aluminum Drop tube with it.

Take a small pile of BP and light it with a match (outside). It burns hot and fast but no you won't blow up.
    If Obummer is the answer, How stupid was the question?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -----Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Yes. You will.

I can't recall the number of times I've used mine to reload BP, and each & every time it has blown-up in my face & killed me dead.

Don't let it happen to you. Don't become another statistic.

Static & Black Powder - The Killer Combo

note: no plastic was harmed whilst typing this BS
    Last edited by Seth Hawkins; 04-02-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Semper Fi -

Yea but you know Seth, there is always the knot head that will do something screwy to have that thing blow and he will get himself a high priced mouth piece and blame the guy that told him it's safe to get a big settlement.
    This world aint what it used to be.
    Questions like this are just made for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    Yea but you know Seth, there is always the knot head that will do something screwy to have that thing blow and he will get himself a high priced mouth piece and blame the guy that told him it's safe to get a big settlement.
    This world aint what it used to be.
    Questions like this are just made for this to happen.
    The OP asked an honest question, and I believe he's received more then one honest answer.

zuke.

My comment wasn't meant for him or anyone that posted.
    There are some out there that will do this. I will not post anything loaded with powder other then black.
    I was shown a Shiloh rifle that a guy used a case full of smokeless powder because it was black in color.
    By the way the action held but split the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    zuke.

My comment wasn't meant for him or anyone that posted.
    There are some out there that will do this. I will not post anything loaded with powder other then black.
    I was shown a Shiloh rifle that a guy used a case full of smokeless powder because it was black in color.
    By the way the action held but split the barrel
    I remember seeing a youtube vid on a TC muzzle loader barrel that someone used smokeless powder in.
    Yep the powder was black in colour,and the barrel was scrap.

There's 10,000 IDIOTS born every 30 seconds! One of 'em....came from Kenya!!
    "The South died with Stonewall Jackson!"

Lead pot, this is similar to a poster on the SASS Wire a few years back. He argued for the whole thread that he should fill a 45 Colt case to the lips with Red Dot because he wanted to fill up the air space

There are folks that should be arrested for Impersonating a Human Being
    Regards
    John

John Boy "There are folks that should be arrested for Impersonating a Human Being"

I really like that!!
    Ramar