Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AmmoBrassTrader.com

In Remembrance
    Well I'm going to take a shot in the dark on this.

I would say on a daily basis I would notice roughly 5-10 new posts with the most I think I ever saw was 20-30 new posts.

The purpose was as the addy stated and that was mainly brass, but it had sub-forums that really didn't amount to alot of traffic.

Had your normal feedback area,
    Brass of course
    Rules
    reloading area
    casting area
    and things of that nature
    Not nearly as fast paced as here.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Lets keep talking about it as I am willing to help get a new site started.

BTW - Brian that notching die has worked out great. I'm super happy with it.

Boolit Buddy
    i just started a new forum (http://www.motorcyclistspost.com/smf/)
    for my new career path. www.motorcyclistspost.com

software i used was free
    theres a number of free software's out there
    depending on how extensive you want to go it can be set up in a few hours
    let me know if i can help
    i can see if leonard has a backup copy of the old forum and what software he was using if you like (although there better softwares out there in my opnion)
    Last edited by kd185; 05-14-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Hello all, first post since joining CB. I was trying to find out what happened to ABT and ran across this thread on Google. I too miss ABT (formerly MD Rusty), but I'm quite happy to find this forum. Count me in if ABT gets resurrected some how.

Rusty

In Remembrance

Well, I am still available to assist with helping him get his site back up and running. But have heard nothing from him with regard to this.

If anyone has a land line to him, have him contact me.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Mold
    Howdy All,

I too found this thread by doing a web search to try and find out what happened to the ABT. I did a few trades there and miss the site. I am not computer literate enough to set up a new similar forum, but wish any of you that try to do it good luck.

I am posting here to "tag" the thread so that if there are developments on a new or resurrected site I'll know about it.

Regards,
    Rob

Banned

I would be happy to volunteer my time to help mod ammobrasstrader if it gets up and running. I looked at it for a while but never got the chance to sign up.

If yall need my help just say so!

Boolit Master
    I would really like to see ABT restarted or the same type site under a new name would be fine as well. I used ABT a lot and I really miss it. If I remember right there were over 3 thousand members. The site was designed to trade your pile of unneeded brass for someone elses but there were some unusual trades that occured as well. The site was very well regulated by the members and any bad trades and traders were brought to everyones attention quickly. I still have piles of brass that I would like to trade for someones unneeded treasures so please let us know if someone gets another brass trading site started.

Boolit Master

The only thing stopping me from setting one up is I don't have time to moderate it. If we have some good people who will commit to moderating, I will get one set up.

Banned

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by happy7 View Post
    The only thing stopping me from setting one up is I don't have time to moderate it. If we have some good people who will commit to moderating, I will get one set up.
    Sign me up, I know I dont have a ton of posts here but have completed many trades. Plus I do have some extra time!

In Remembrance
    OK gents, just read this again and right now it works better than strong coffee, talk about being alert and energetic. Frankly I wish I knew how to moderate a site like that, and had the time to do it actually, right now I'm working 12-14hr days just keeping up on my brass orders, been doing that 3 weeks straight and don't see any relief from those long days in the near future.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

In Remembrance

JUst my two cents worth:

I'd rather have the original fellow run any new site. He'd have tons of credibility, and after a nasty divorce, would give him some extra things to keep his mind off the nastiness.

I have already offered to assist that fellow with getting new site up and running. I've got some experience with setting up forums, and with admins, mods, etc. I also have access to some server space that would make the job an easy and inexpensive one.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Banned

I agree the original owner would be best, but on the other hand due to the divorce he may not be interested in doing it anymore.

Either way I hope it gets up and running!

Boolit Master

Duke, if you are in contact with him, great. But it has already been a long time we are talking about this and he hasn't done anything. I think we are all agreed that if he wants to, that would be best, but if that is not going to happen anytime soon, then I would like something to happen. Unless he makes some statement as to his intentions, after all this time, I think we can assume he is not going to.

In Remembrance

I have not been in contact with anyone.

If anyone has a telephone number fr that guy, get hold of him, and let him know his fan club awaits.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Mold
    I'd be happy to volunteer as a moderator on any new forum dedicated to trading reloading components. I have been a user of many different firearms forums with the same USER ID and have no negative feedback. I am also the founder of the Yahoo "Cheapshooting" Group. I was also a member of the old ABT with the same USER ID.

Regards,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by happy7 View Post

Vendor Sponsor

I'm looking into it. I may be able to put together and run another ABT. I got to make a couple calls first. It will all depend on whether it will cause any more of my hair to turn gray vs. the tool and die business I'm allready in. One thing is for sure we all miss that sight.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Bub
    Yeah I miss ABT. It was the only place you could go and almost be guaranteed to make trades on large and small quantities of brass. I can't wait to "Earn my wings" here because the trading here looks good too.

Banned
    I have the means to develop and host this type of sight. But I don't know **** about running it. If a few would commit to helping develop it or mod it, I will commit to building and hosting it.

Ditto, I've worked on and off as a webmaster for years and still run my business site plus the site for the gun club I belong to. If I can be of service I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast