Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inside the CMP

HONCHO EMERITUS

Blacksmith-

Agreed. Anybody who reads my statements above should take them for what they are; just my experience. I'm sure there are more satisfied customers of CMP than not. I have no problem with that or anybody that is a happy customer of CMP. They just won't be getting any more of my money. Hopefully I'm in a very small minority of their past customers.

Like I said before, my rifle is "fixed" and I'm going to enjoy it from now on for what it is.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

ALL colectors do is hoard things so the average person can't afford them due to a false scarcity they create.

And when things continue to get slower here in the states demand will colapse and they will be holding the bag.

Wow, I've got to hold my tongue or be castigated by our overworked moderators.

I have 2 Garands, one I purchased from a private individual in the 70's and one I purchased through the old army run program for $165.00 plus shipping, after completing a round of competition in High Power using a borrowed Garand.

As for the "Collector" status of these rifles, almost ALL have been through several rebuilds over the years, same as the Carbines. As for the collector status rifles, all correct, C & D models, etc., you see them on their auction site, not as purchases by mail.

I have mine for one purpose only and that is to shoot. Now the match condition rifle I bought from a private individual is used very infrequently, but the other one is taken to the field, usually with an 03-A3 or 1903 Mark I as companion, whenever I feel the "urge" to reconnect with the rifle I used through Boot Camp and the first 2 + years of active duty.

If you receive a bad one, contact CMP, they are VERY good about making things right.
    Regards,

WE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12