Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300 Win Mag

Boolit Master
    I shoot a lot of 311332 in my Voere Titan II 300 Win Mag. A lot of WCC-860, and close to 1900fps. 2moa at 100yds, although I am comfortable with the notion that the double set triggers help out a lot.

If you are of the mind to tinker with alloys, and think 2000fps and 2" at a hundred with a 200+gr boolet is good, that is attainable.

Rich

Good info

Boolit Master
    Old thread, but I found this during a Google search, fascinating. I would love to try it, a 200+ grain CB between 1200 and maybe 1900 at the top end. It would be great for plinking and working on trigger control with my hunting rifle.

Boolit Master
    I went shopping for another used T/C Encore and the only one I could find had a 300 win mag barrel.I bought it and started shooting cast in it. So far the best boolit that I have tried is the Lee 312-155-2R cast from 3 parts WW and one part type metal.This shoots real good for me.
    But really about all you will get in the way of velocity is about the same as 30-30 except you can use a lot heaver boolit.
    Now if you paper patch then that is a different story. I am still working on that.......Terry

Boolit Mold
    Hello,

I am new to the forums here at castboolits. I have been reading the forums here over the last year or so and have enjoyed a lot of advice. I have just started casting bullets for the 300 win mag and was wondering if you guys have any favorite loads with slower powder like h1000 or reloader 25.

Thanks in advance,

refrob

Boolit Master
    refrob555

Welcome to the site! I'm also interested in casting and using slower powders in the .300 Win. I have some 860 I'd like to use, which is a little slower than those you mentioned. Have you considered paper patching the boolits to allow for the greater velocity obtainable with larger case volume?

Boolit Buddy
    Guys,
    I'm going to resurrect this old thread........

Wondering, has anyone tried Larry's load of 32gr H4895 [ working up in 1gr increments ] topped with 1 gr of dacron and 311299 cast boolits in the 300Win Mag? Perhaps there are other loads appropriate for 200 gr cast boolits that guys have discovered?

I have a bunch of 311299 boolits, a 300 Win Mag, and would like to shoot these to 1800 fps or to the best accuracy I can obtain.

I know Hogden has a 60 percent reduced load recommendation with H4895 powder.......problem is, there are no H4985 loads listed for the 300WM and 200 gr bullets in their loading tables.
    https://www.hodgdon.com/wp-content/u...ifle-loads.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Moonie

Just hold on to the '06 and some day soon you will be selling it back to him for another profit. Sad to make a profit off your own boy but that's how they learn.

Larry Gibson
    Who, among us, that are a bit long of tooth, has not gone through the hypervelocity magnum phase?? Give him time and he will realize that it doesn't take a scud missile to bag a deer or a lot of things for that matter.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Who, among us, that are a bit long of tooth, has not gone through the hypervelocity magnum phase?? Give him time and he will realize that it doesn't take a scud missile to bag a deer or a lot of things for that matter.
    Well, that was helpful...........

Boolit Master

Shot 3000 rounds. 300 magnum RCBS 165 Sil GC 18 gr Unique worked great

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Shot 3000 rounds. 300 magnum RCBS 165 Sil GC 18 gr Unique worked great
    Thanks for chiming in.
    Did you use any filler? Dacron or??

Super Moderator

25 grains of SR4759 with just about any 30 cal cast boolit, sized .311 and no filler. 1800-1900 fps with excellent accuracy.That powder has worked very, very well for me for many years. I'm down to only a few pounds of the sadly discontinued 4759 powder. 5744 will replace it once it's gone...I need to start working up some loads with 5744, I scored two 8 pounders of it a few months ago.

Boolit Master

Nope no filler, worked fine out 200 yards.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    25 grains of SR4759 with just about any 30 cal cast boolit, sized .311 and no filler. 1800-1900 fps with excellent accuracy.That powder has worked very, very well for me for many years. I'm down to only a few pounds of the sadly discontinued 4759 powder. 5744 will replace it once it's gone...I need to start working up some loads with 5744, I scored two 8 pounders of it a few months ago.
    5744 works good too, more recoil than Unique

Boolit Buddy
    Powder brand availability is limited where I live. Mostly Hogden and IMR only...... thus the limited choices I have to work with.
    I do have the Lyman 49th, and it lists Reloader 7, H4895 and 4064 loads for a 190gr cast boolit.

I went with Reloader 7 [ which I have ] having figured that a 311299 200gr boolit isn't too far off the mark from a 190gr boolit load listed. It seems that all of the different weight boolit cast loads for the 300 Win Mag in the Lyman 49th, have the best accuracy in the 1600-1700 fps area, so I'll see if I can duplicate that with the Reloader 7.
    There was no mention or recommendation of using dacron filler in the 49th manual, so I have left it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12