Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lachmiller shotgun decaper/sizer.

Banned
    The RCBS is the Lachmiller tool, slightly redesigned. RCBS got it when they bought out Lachmiller.
    Ken

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seagiant View Post
    Hi Lube,
    You are taking pics so you are half way there! All you have to do is resize and then with the add attachment option when you write a post you can then add the photo's from your desk top. I use this free resizer as it is good and easy to use http://www.irfanview.com/

All you have to do once you down load it is open it up and drag and drop your pic in the window. Go up to image tab and a menu will scroll down hit "resize" and I use 40% reduction,you want to get below 100KB for the forum. Then hit the file tab and hit "save as" and name it what you want, hit" save",and it will be on your desktop waiting to go on the forum.

When you want to use the resized photo in a post hit the attachment button hit "browse" this will bring everything up on your desktop. Click the resized pic you want it to upload then hit" upload" and it will down load it for your post! That's it! If you feel froggy and have time try it and play with it some it's not that bad once you see whats going on! I put this here in hopes others can get over this hurdle. We actually need some one to write up a good "How To" on this!

Thanks Seagiant!

I will try it out. I am more of a hands on kind of a guy. As my old man used to say - I "can screw up a steel ball". But I will give it a shot.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    The RCBS is the Lachmiller tool, slightly redesigned. RCBS got it when they bought out Lachmiller.
    Ken

The definitive word.

Thanks Pressman!

Boolit Bub
    A shop close to me has one sitting on their used shelf, no price make an offer kind of deal.

Anybody got an idea on price? Its not in great shape is missing the grip, which by the way holds the two arms together. It does have the collet though.

And yes the rcbs is the basically the same since they bought Lachmiller in the 70s. I think the original RCBS lubesizer is the same as a lachmiller too.

Boolit Master
    Hi TC,
    As I said before the Lachmiller goes for about $35+shipping on E-bay and they are well worth it! As far as the RCBS model and Lachmiller model being the same,I can't imagine RCBS buying the molds and or the people casting the parts and not using them as they came! I mean when you buy someone out thats what you are buying is the tooling and the right to put your name on the product and RCBS is good at that!

Hey Greg: If you happen to run across one for a decent price let me know. I definately want one as it would be far superior to using my DL266 to size and deprime hulls.

I've been watching Ebay but haven't seen any lately.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Hi Randy,
    No problem! You know E-bay though,they will have 3 of something you are interested in at one time in a week and then have nothing for a month???

When you use one of these you will understand what I was saying and neverhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KNUtkFECQ look back!

See if this works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8KNUtkFECQ
    Last edited by seagiant; 04-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12