RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ballisti-Cast Mark VI Group Buy

Anyone heard anything about a time frame for delivery? I am not in a hurry, just trying to figure out how much longer I have to come up with an excuse for this purchase. Man, my wife is going to be hard to live with for a week or so once she finds out. Kind of hoping that my company sends me to Florida for a couple of weeks just before it arrives. Gives her a little time to cool down.
    I would like a little lube with my OBAMA CARE!

I'm waiting on the steel and aluminum to get delivered to make the parts I was out of. It's supposed to be here next week as they were out of stock on a few things I needed. I'm going to get them out ASAP but I don't have an exact date yet as stuff always seems to take longer then I allowed for. Should be with in the next few weeks though.

Please, make me the last one to ship so that I can arrange to be in another state when it arrives. I am really not looking forward to anal reaming that I am about to receive. She hit me up for a new car a few weeks ago and was told her NO WAY JOSE. So she is not very happy with me at the moment.

I'm finally getting the steel and aluminum in for the parts I need tomorrow. They steel company dropped 2 pieces off last monday, neither of which I needed for the Mark VIs, and the rest they were out of stock in. Hopefully will be able to get them out the door pretty quick here.

Boolit Master

Funny, I had thought there were 10 of these ready to go last March 28th when this all started, and near as I can tell nobody has theirs yet? Going by the last post the raw materials haven't even arrived. Guess I mis-understood the whole deal, thought we would be on the second GB by now.

Banned
    Actually I ordered mine on the 20th of March and then upgraded to the group buy options and price. You are correct in it has been a wait but then again we will be receiving a premium product as a result of the wait. One has to take into consideration that there has been construction and probably some re-tooling at Ballisti-cast and this takes time and money to become more efficient. As one that was once in the manufacturing occupation I can relate to material outages and delays. Delays happen and certainly Mike cannot be held responsible for situations beyond his control. I'm as anxious as anyone else here I have a sale pending on my Magma as I wait for my new sizer to arrive.

Ballisti-cast was very specific in the posting of the buy. Stated that they were MTO and the discount comes from building 10 units at a time. We all knew that there would be a waiting period. As Confussious say " Good things come to those who wait"

Boolit Master

Actually what was said was that he only had enough parts to build 10, thus the cap on orders. I don't have a dog in this fight, I missed out on the buy, just seems like what is happening isn't exactly what was promised. These aren't custom built machines, he just needs to include the right accessories. I hope this all works out OK 'cause I was really wanting to order one and see if it is better than my Stars. Looks like I might have lots of time to save the money for it.

Boolit Master

I'm starting to get concerned as well, almost 3 months have gone by and he still doesn't have the supplies in stock to build the first 10? It was mentioned that it would take a few months before the second group buy would get underway, the 3 month mark from that statement is in 2 weeks...
    Last edited by Moonie; 06-15-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Boolit Master

Personally, I think what happened is he threw out the GB to see if there was any interest and we all jumped on it hard and surprised the snot out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by parrott1969 View Post
    Ballisti-cast was very specific in the posting of the buy. Stated that they were MTO and the discount comes from building 10 units at a time. We all knew that there would be a waiting period. As Confussious say " Good things come to those who wait"

Parrot
    I agree with you (and Confucius) about waiting/being patient.
    I was seriously considering getting in on this GB. However, in the interim, I found a star.
    About then I found a boolit feeder.
    I bought both, without batting an eye.

I got a heater and PID/TC thru ebay so I'll add those to the base.

Got the feeder in the mail yesterday and spent today making a base for it.

I'm glad all this is coming together since I was out of boolits to load.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

If you read through his post you will discover that Ballisti-cast states he only had 10 "castings" ie bodies. All dies, punches, etc are MTO.

Banned
    Almost two weeks since his last post. I hope we are getting closer to getting our machines. I'm thinking seriously about purchasing their manual bullet casting machine but would like to have my sizer first.

Boolit Master

How hard can it be to make 10 punches and 10 dies. Lathesmith coulda made them by now. I mean, he didn't have ANY in stock? But that isn't the issue, the issue is that almost 2 months after telling you guys he only had parts for 10 he says he is still waiting for materials to finish up those same 10. I personally believe someone jumped the gun on doing this GB at this time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parrott1969 View Post
    If you read through his post you will discover that Ballisti-cast states he only had 10 "castings" ie bodies. All dies, punches, etc are MTO.
    I'm sure these rough castings need to be machined. In addition valves need to be purchased as do seals and springs. I'm sure the air cylinder and regulator need to be purchased. I'm sure that the lube piston needs to be machined as does the feed wheels and bullet tubes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    How hard can it be to make 10 punches and 10 dies. Lathesmith coulda made them by now. I mean, he didn't have ANY in stock? But that isn't the issue, the issue is that almost 2 months after telling you guys he only had parts for 10 he says he is still waiting for materials to finish up those same 10. I personally believe someone jumped the gun on doing this GB at this time.
    Are you actually in the first group buy or are you here just to stir the pot? Just wondering because your starting to get me anxious about this whole group buy.

Boolit Master

I missed the first GB, was wanting to be in the second, so I am watching this one closely. Don't mean to stir the pot, just looks to me things aren't going as quickly as I thought they were, and not as fast as was quoted. This guy just bought Ballisti-cast and as such has no track record. I hope he pullls it all together and things work out fine because I was hoping to get one of their sizers and compare it to my Stars. I am always willing to move up to better equipment. The old Ballisti-cast though their stuff was made of gold, probably why they had to sell, almost no one here had one, but lots of Stars on this board. I'll shut up for now and see how this turns out.

Banned
    I emailed Mike today asking for an update. Hopefully I will receive an answer. As someone that originally ordered a Mark VI March 20 of this year and upgraded and paid the additional amount on April 30th for the group buy I am starting to wonder.

I'm extremely sorry for how long this has taken me. I'm wrapping up work on them right now and will be shipping them out Monday & Tuesday of next week. This was the first Group Buy I've done and things came up and took longer then expected. In the future, for Lube Sizer Group Buys, I'm going to have the number I'm selling in the group buy sitting on the shelf and ready to ship so this doesn't happen again. I appreciate your patience.

-Ballisti-Cast 701-360-1145

Boolit Master

Glad to hear that. Sorry if I seemed to be dumping on you but I really want you to succeed here as you seem to want to make things we can use at a decent price. And nothing will kill you here faster than to not deliver what you say you can, especially if you fail to communicate. I make custom goods and believe me, people HATE that. This site used to do lots of business with LEE , but after finding some mould makers that actually listened to us, and kept us in the loop, I don't think we have had a GB with them for over a year or more.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast